Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,078 members, 7,890,564 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:05 PM

Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG (9423 Views)

Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band / Border Closure: Daily PMS Consumption Drops From 60m To 52m Litres — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by peekspot(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
The volume of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly called petrol, that was consumed across the country in the first half of 2023 is 11.26 billion litres, the Federal Government has said.

It was, however, observed that after the removal of subsidy on petrol, following the pronouncement by President Bola Tinubu on May 29, 2023, PMS consumption reduced by an average of about 18.5 million litres daily in June.

Data obtained on Sunday from the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority in Abuja, on Sunday, showed that between January 1 and May 28, 2023, which was the pre-deregulation period, the total amount of petrol consumed nationwide was about 9.9 billion litres.

The average consumption for the 148-day period was put at 66.9 million litres, indicating the country consumed an average of 66.9 million litres of petrol daily during the five-month period when subsidy on petrol was still in place.

But figures from the Federal Government agency indicated that between June 1 to June 28, 2023, which was described as the post-deregulation period, the total petrol consumption across the country was 1.36 billion litres, while the average daily consumption was put at 48.43 million litres.

An analysis of the data by our correspondent showed that the difference between the average monthly consumption figures during the pre-deregulation and post-deregulation periods was about 18.5 million litres.

This implies that the average daily consumption of petrol across the country reduced by about 18.5 million litres after subsidy on commodity was stopped by the Federal Government.

It was, however, observed that petrol consumption rose above 100 million litres in some days, while it fell to below 10 million litres in few other days.

A random pick of petrol consumption figures contained in the NMDPRA report, for instance, showed that on March 8, April 20, and May 16, Nigerians consumed 103.6 million litres, 105.02 million litres, and 101.9 million litres respectively.

These were during the ore-deregulation days, as figures from the post-deregulation period indicated that the country never consumed beyond 78.84 million litres all through the 28-day period captured in the document.

In fact, the 78.84 million litres was consumed on June 20, and it was the highest consumption figure during the post-deregulation period, while the lowest figure during the same period was the 470,000 litres that was consumed nationwide on June 11.

Subsidy caused terrible practices, says NAEE

The President, Nigeria Association for Energy Economics, Prof. Yinka Omorogbe, said the fuel subsidy regime created avenues for terrible practices.

There had been repeated complaints by both the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited and oil marketers that Nigeria’s petrol was being smuggled out of the country to neighbouring nations during the period when the commodity was subsidised.

Omorogbe, who spoke to journalists in Abuja, while announcing forthcoming 16th annual conference of the NAEE holding in Abuja, said the removal of fuel subsidies was a right step despite the harsh impact.

https://punchng.com/monthly-fuel-consumption-drops-by-18-5million-litres-after-deregulation-fg/

3 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by 001Lagos: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
Most of the people that voted for Tinubu have now abandoned there cars because they couldn't fuel them anymore

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by theophorus(m): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Well, I no agree with this report. The PMS usage is way less than reported but still no wahala.

May I go buy Fuel, wen we go use tonight.
Those who want to be shouting "Balala-Bulala-Blu" should continue till 2027 May for now.

18 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by Daytonbale: 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
Why won't it drop even at that is not still the actual litres pay day , before the drug lord and Buhari cronies were syphoning the fuel to neighboring countries. What stop the drug lord from arresting and jailing those oil marketers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by splendournoni: 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Federal government can hammer lie ehn....

2 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by Racoon(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
How did the government arrived @ this statistics when even the NNPC or Department of Petroleum Resources(DPR) does not have an accurate figures of daily consumption of fuel in Nigeria? All these hyper - inflated figures are just for the corruption therein that some cabal are benefiting from.

12 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Federal Government should channel the proceeds from subsidy appropriately.

We will do the review in 6 months time to 1year and 4 years from now. We are hopeful of quality reform and transformation.

God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Truth is the harsher the monetary and deregulation policies on Nigerians the lesser they consume PMS.
That is the target of the Federal Government. They want to export much PMS and ensure that we consume less so as to generate outstanding foreign exchange to run the country. And thereafter we give the credit to Tinubu that he did very well. sad

That is if the income generated will not be embezzled. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by VOsimhen144(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
Most of the people that voted for Tinubu have now abandoned there cars because they couldn't fuel them anymore

Before, almost everybody for my estate dey on generator if light no dey for evening…. but now my estate be like burial ground if light no dey for evening.
It really crazy buying fuel for N500

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by clockwisereport: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Ndi mgbu

2 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by adioolayi(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Enough of all these rhetorics...

Channel the supposed savings somewhere else...let's see it...

Let we, the citizens be the one to testify subsidy removal is a good move..

As it is now, na hardship dey wire us!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by Kukutenla: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2023
No idiot should come and attribute it to smuggling reduction
Most major filing stations I know which used to dispense their products in 2 days on the average now spend about a week if not more to dispense same. People are using less fuel now. That's the reason. If you add the combined daily consumption of our two neighbours whom we accuse of being beneficiaries of smuggled fuel, it's not up to 18m per day.
The economy is receding

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by IMASTEX: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2023
This isn't a good one for the country, it's a sign of a slowdown of economic activities & an increase of hardship. Some might be tempted to say that the difference was the diverted quantity. But we all can see the obvious scanty vehicular presence on the road, not to mention the lesser usage of gasoline generator in homes & business centres.

6 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by id4sho(m): 8:09am On Jul 11, 2023
From 66M to 18M, miracle no dey tire BAT. Men done park cars, noise pollution from generators disappear. No animal waka. I dropped my vehicle fuel tank for cleaning, if you see the way local man guard his three gallon of petrol. Local man cannot come and lose guard. Those small mechanic boys where just patrolling upandan, my gallons were Infront of me without moving an inch cheesy grin
E remain crude oil bunkery (those using ships) and artisanal mining down north tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:09am On Jul 11, 2023
How ẹ no go drop?

Na tó Park Lexus dey use Legxus óò..

Lobatan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:09am On Jul 11, 2023
On purpose..On purpose o.We get crude but we no fit buy fuel...no be juju be that...I blame Delta state,na only them I just blame

Now they can legally sell the remainder to neighbouring countries..

Ndi Oshi

1 Like

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by jmoore(m): 8:09am On Jul 11, 2023
People don park cars
Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by Guyman01: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2023
Una still dey lie, it has dropped more than 18m, no time was Nigeria consuming up to 70m litres a day.
The former minister of Petroleum Buhari is a big time scammer and (Mr Terungwa) spent 8 years on this platform calling him darling daddy even when his people were being killed in Benue state

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by 004gist: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2023
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by casualobserver: 8:11am On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
Keep consoling yourself there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by AntiChristian: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2023
Village people no dey drink oil again!

1 Like

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by Gbeng30(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2023
How does this help the economy of this country, how does it reduces the struggle and hardship the masses are going through...its well with us in this country

1 Like

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by almarthins(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/monthly-fuel-consumption-drops-by-18-5million-litres-after-deregulation-fg/

Neighbouring countries join the consumption, Them come add am as Nigeria total per day

1 Like

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by 9japride(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2023
What are the benefits of being a citizen of the top most richest country in Africa and a oil producting nation?
What the politicians and other head of various agencies knows is to buy latest SUV and be traveling up on down lodging in hotels and wasting scarce resources.
And yet we will have sycophants who just hail politicians. I feel most miscreants supporting any move of government policies are usually computer virus or genetically modified species of human being who can't think.

2 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by casualobserver: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2023
VOsimhen144:

Before, almost everybody for my estate dey on generator if light no dey for evening…. but now my estate be like burial ground if light no dey for evening.
It really crazy buying fuel for N500
Smart people are using solar and have been using solar for a while . Dumb people are only just realizing the estate is quiet when subsidy was removed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by adanonso(f): 8:16am On Jul 11, 2023
The thing had I swear. I stayed at ojota park from 10am to 4pm on Tuesday only for the bus to travel to ikare with only five passengers. And 3out of them stopped at Owo. So those who carried load have to pay for seats and put their load on seats.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by VOsimhen144(m): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2023
casualobserver:

Smart people are using solar and have been using solar for a while . Dumb people are only just realizing the estate is quiet when subsidy was removed.
werey, na u dumb pass.
Shey u wan dey tell me how my estate be. Even men wey dey use solar for my estate still dey on generator to power other appliances if light no dey.

Baba werey. Lol

7 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by ratiani6: 8:21am On Jul 11, 2023
Omo traffic don reduce

2 Likes

Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by casualobserver: 8:23am On Jul 11, 2023
VOsimhen144:
werey, na u dumb pass.
Shey u wan dey tell me how my estate be. Even men wey dey use solar for my estate still dey on generator to power other appliances if light no dey.

Baba werey. Lol

People have been switching to solar since diesel went to N800. You are just noticing it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Ode Chukwu? / Federal Government's Delegates Visit Chibok Parents In Borno / UGM Destroy Army Trucks In Orlu As Soldiers Flee On Foot For Dear Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.