Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,157 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:21 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? (622 Views)

No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom / The Southwest In Reality Is Not As Developed As Southeast Or South South / Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2023
I mean excellent roads
Clean streets
Water and electricity
Industries
Good schools and universities
Good hospitals
High level of security
Government accountability
Credible elections
Law abiding citizens
Middle income
Low or no bigotry

When?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by taylor89(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2023
undecided
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2023
No. Nigeria is a Godforsaken country.

God has blessed us with all manner of natural resources that if utilized well we should be richer than Dubai and many other current first world countries who built their own society from a desert. But Nigerians are foolish and selfish that's why we can never move foward.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by DynamicWriter: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2023
We will, only when we change our mindset. America has gone through a lot of tough times before it becomes the world power today.

And also, we need to stop tribalism. That's one of the major challenges we have in this country. 👌👌

In case anyone needs a content writer, kindly check my signature for my contact details.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by EmmaJnr1: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2023
if you don't clamor for Nigeria disintegration, you are wasting your time. Nigeria can never be better except we break up.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Gajagojo: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2023
Razgas:
I mean excellent roads
Clean streets
Water and electricity
Industries
Good hospitals
High level of security
Credible elections
Law abiding citizens
Middle income
Low or no bigotry

When?

Do you think your mind will ever be decolonized
Free from colonial mentality
Self confident
Believing that the European civilization of 2023 is not the best that man can do
Believing that that best is still far away

And Nigeria will be part of it

There is no nation without people
People are What is in their minds

So with what is in YOUR mind
Your mindset
Do you see yourself contributing to a better Nigeria?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by mrvitalis(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2023
Razgas:
I mean excellent roads
Clean streets
Water and electricity
Industries
Good hospitals
High level of security
Credible elections
Law abiding citizens
Middle income
Low or no bigotry

When?
Europe is largely governed along ethnic lines... If u want to be like Europe be structured like them
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Gajagojo: 9:35am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Europe is largely governed along ethnic lines... If u want to be like Europe be structured like them

We shouldn't be like Europe
We should be like ourselves
We will overtake them and do better

Why should we be like them?

You need to clarify what you mean by governed along ethnic lines what does that mean?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by helinues: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2023
Only time would tell
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Cooly100: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

France population.. about 67M
United Kingdom about 67M

Spain 47M
Portugal 10M

Ask them why these close countries are not one country cheesy
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Cooly100: 9:39am On Jul 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

How can you be like them with your extreme hatred, envy, distrust...among the various tribal groups?

"Boko chief has more chances of becoming Nigerian president than Obi..." BAT supporters... smiley
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by mrvitalis(m): 9:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Cooly100:

France population.. about 67M
United Kingdom about 67M

Spain 47M
Portugal 10M

Ask them why these close countries are not one country cheesy
Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Luxemburg are Austria are all Germanic tribes

But put them as one country and see war
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2023
Yes

With proper planning, we can be as develop as Europe, though is going to take lots of years and trillions of naira to achieve because we are really far behind right now.

There's no proper planning in most part of Nigeria right now
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

Do you think your mind will ever be decolonized
Free from colonial mentality
Self confident
Believing that the European civilization of 2023 is not the best that man can do
Believing that that best is still far away

And Nigeria will be part of it

There is no nation without people
People are What is in their minds

So with what is in YOUR mind
Your mindset
Do you see yourself contributing to a better Nigeria?
I'm not talking about a future civilization. I'm talking about an average European country like Turkey even. Just the level of their current development.
I believe I have the mindset to help build a better Nigeria. I'm currently doing it by bringing money home and building property in Nigeria. In future I want to help make political decisions
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by mrvitalis(m): 9:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

You need to clarify what you mean by governed along ethnic lines what does that mean?
Most countries in Europe are nations too

Nigeria is a country structured to be ran like a nation can't work na

Structured Nigeria like a nation and watch all conflicts die
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Cooly100: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Luxemburg are Austria are all Germanic tribes

That's why Africa is not stable

Why lump people of different cultures, traditions, religions, together...

Have you heard of any issues between Lesotho and SA and also Swaziland...?

But I blame the leaders of SE for not seeing why their region should be autonomous...

Smaller countries are better run...now...at worse they could ask for confederacy like European union if they want to gain from trade and population.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Belgium is not a Germanic tribe, Netherland and Switzerland have Germanic some Germanic tribes living in those countries. Austrians are 100% Germanic
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by RenaissanceGuy: 9:45am On Jul 12, 2023
Nigeria needs to divide. Population explosion, especially from the North, whilst economic activities remain largely stagnant, is the bane. Looks like our politicians are unable to manage such a large population as ours; so let's divide into at least 5 countries.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by mrvitalis(m): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Belgium is not a Germanic tribe, Austrians are Germanic
Lmaooo Belgium has 3 parts Dutch, French and German parts

Dutch are relative to the Germanic tribes
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by optionalY09: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2023
may be when i become the president
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes, European nations are ethnic for the most part. But multi ethnic countries like South Africa came close to being fully developed. The Europeans in South Africa are multi ethnic, Afrikaans and British diaspora. They fought 2 bitter wars and still came close to making that country a first world country with nuclear power.
Multi ethnic countries can develop if the constituent states are homogeneous and autonomous. Like Scotland or catalonia
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
Only time would tell
when
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Cooly100:

That's why Africa is not stable

Why lump people of different cultures, traditions, religions, together...

Have you heard of any issues between Lesotho and SA and also Swaziland...?

But I blame the leaders of SE for not seeing why their region should be autonomous...
U mean leaders put their by the Nigerian state? If South East is Automonos how many of those leaders would survive?

Would hope be governor? Enugu governor?

There has been moves to control who emerges as leaders in South East since 1970 by the Nigerian state
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmaooo Belgium has 3 parts Dutch, French and German parts

Dutch are relative to the Germanic tribes
You made it seem as if Belgium and Netherland are 100% Germanic.

Only Austria is 100% Germanic.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Cooly100: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Nigeria needs to divide. Population explosion, especially from the North, whilst economic activities remain largely stagnant, is the bane. Looks like our politicians are unable to manage such a large population as ours; so let's divide into at least 5 countries.

This is the reason the politicians are not accountable...they steal to death...

...the country is too big for a bla*k person to manage...

All this gain in diversity is silly as could have been seen..

Or tell me where diversity has helped this country?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by EcoNews: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2023
Ipobland as all this already courtesy Pandoraa Obi

Razgas:
I mean excellent roads
Clean streets
Water and electricity
Industries
Good hospitals
High level of security
Credible elections
Law abiding citizens
Middle income
Low or no bigotry

When?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

I'm talking about being developed. It's not about being proud proudful of who we are. I'm talking clean streets, security, industries etc.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by GanagiBitrus: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2023
This divisions especially along Tribal lines is so massive that it is impossible to imagine that we will ever be united as one to build a great nation.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Gajagojo: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2023
Razgas:
I'm not talking about a future civilization. I'm talking about an average European country like Turkey even. Just the level of their current development.
I believe I have the mindset to help build a better Nigeria. I'm currently doing it by bringing money home and building property in Nigeria. In future I want to help make political decisions
Your question is vague and meaningless
What do you mean by saying Turkey is "average" by what measure?
What is development be clear what you mean
Are you talking political,economic,spiritual or what? How do you determine who is average?
You have not really thought this through
Man has been developing for thousands of years and will never stop
European countries are not all the same
Nigeria is on its own journey
Development is not about money and building property it is mindset and your mindset needs development
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by mrvitalis(m): 9:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Razgas:
Yes, European nations are ethnic for the most part. But multi ethnic countries like South Africa came close to being fully developed. The Europeans in South Africa are multi ethnic, Afrikaans and British diaspora. They fought 2 bitter wars and still came close to making that country a first world country with nuclear power.
Multi ethnic countries can develop if the constituent states are homogeneous and autonomous. Like Scotland or catalonia
When you have a common enemies u become United

Which is why I proposes years ago we would have used Bakasi against Cameroon to unit Nigeria

That conflict would have United us

Take out the white and Indians and see the crack among blacks begin to show

There is a reason America fights external war always
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Cooly100: 9:50am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

U mean leaders put their by the Nigerian state? If South East is Automonos how many of those leaders would survive?

Would hope be governor? Enugu governor?

There has been moves to control who emerges as leaders in South East since 1970 by the Nigerian state

I agree, but this cut across Igbo leadership...

Some elders like billion Arthur Eze and others will never support any autonomy because of what they gain from the FG..
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Become As Developed As Any European Country? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

Your question is vague and meaningless
What do you mean by saying Turkey is "average" by what measure?
What is development be clear what you mean
Are you talking political,economic,spiritual or what? How do you determine who is average?
You have not really thought this through
Man has been developing for thousands of years and will never stop
European countries are not all the same
Nigeria is on its own journey
Development is not about money and building property it is mindset and your mindset needs development
I already listed what I mean by development in my first post. Go through it. Can't argue blindly here sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

South East Logic Of Calling For The Arrest OF Simon Ekpa And Releasing Nnamdi Ka / Tinubu Needs To Dispatch His Bullion Vans To Chicago To Change Judgement / 1st Class Accountancy Or Diploma In Business Admin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.