Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,827 members, 7,906,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:52 AM

Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? (27733 Views)

My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / "I Left My Money & Bag In A Taxi In Kano, The Muslim Driver Returned Them" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by zrocky: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

You are bringing the attention of a whole NL to just 20k matter!

Na so country hard reach?

Reach out to anyone there who can assist you with cash or allowance and then when it's time to pay back , tell them you both didn't sign any documents to that effect.Case closed

Edited with my 📲 morons and Igbos are quoting me left ,right & center.

Hungry fools living in a face me I slap you apartment characterized by flood and potopoto 🤣🤣🤣
why not give him the 20k
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by LOVEGINO(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

Reach out to anyone there who can assist you with cash or allowance and then when it's time to pay back , tell them you both didn't sign any documents to that effect.Case closed

Edited with my 📲 : hungry men and Igbos terrorist are quoting me left ,right & center.

Hungry fools living in a face me I slap you apartment characterized by flood and potopoto 🤣🤣🤣
baba 20k no be just ooo. Dem kill 1st class graduate because he thief bread.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by askolly(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thank God say na small money
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by crossfm: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
samwillyco1:

Hmm, you are even lucky that you got what you ordered for, my friend got scammed on the same site

Like seriously 😳

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by MeineMutter: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Good day, all. I am typing this with a lot of frustration and anger.

I was among the volunteers asked by this NGO (name withheld ) to serve as an ENUMERATOR. They told me it was a paid volunteer. We were trained in data collection using ODK and Kobotoolbox.

As a student, I had planned how I will use this stipend of 20k to provide my basic needs in school because I have no one sponsoring me.

My section does go out to collate these data on Fridays and Saturdays. Now to the issue!

Just yesterday made it a month and I was expecting the money to get foodstuffs and save like 5k for my next school fees. The program director for North Central told me that I am not entitled to a stipend because the role I am working on is just volunteering and not paid.

I was shocked because when I was told and made to sign a term of agreement it was clearly stated that I will receive a 20k monthly stipend. I then asked them to show me the document and I was surprised to see the term of the agreement was uttered.

What should I do nairalanders to get my money or should I continue without pay to get experience as an enumerator for the outside world?

Please Nlfpm.od help me get a wider view. I am in a state of dilemma.

You may not be able to prove that the Terms of Agreement were altered because you don’t have a copy of the one you signed with you.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Eagba(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

Edited with my 📲 : hungry men and Igbos terrorist are quoting me left ,right & center.

Everything you type best describe you
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by BronzeTiger: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Concocting stories without giving very tangible proof and hiding key details so people can't trace them and confirm there?
This format will soon cast.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by 12inchess: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
This is a lesson to you. Whenever you sign a document make sure you keep a copy. Youve been scammed.

I will advice you to look for the people funding the data collection and send them an email. Spoil the business for the Nigerian based company before you leave. angry angry angry angry

Call them out on twitter.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by peedeeasobie(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:

I was among the volunteers asked by this NGO (name withheld ) to serve as an ENUMERATOR. They told me it was a paid volunteer. We were trained in data collection using ODK and Kobotoolbox.

As a student, I had planned how I will use this stipend of 20k to provide my basic needs in school because I have no one sponsoring me.

My section does go out to collate these data on Fridays and Saturdays. Now to the issue!

Just yesterday made it a month and I was expecting the money to get foodstuffs and save like 5k for my next school fees. The program director for North Central told me that I am not entitled to a stipend because the role I am working on is just volunteering and not paid.

I was shocked because when I was told and made to sign a term of agreement it was clearly stated that I will receive a 20k monthly stipend. I then asked them to show me the document and I was surprised to see the term of the agreement was uttered.

What should I do nairalanders to get my money or should I continue without pay to get experience as an enumerator for the outside world?

You are withholding the name because of what?
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Coldplay007(f): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:

What organisation, who is funding them.. report to their donor agency or the organisation's HQ... look for the email or LinkedIn account of their ogas on LinkedIn
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Some Nigerians are really a disgrace,they bring in scam in everything they do.

On Saturday I bought some items from Abuja on jiji,I negotiated a certain amount with the driver for wa bill. I was called from peace park,on getting there to collect the items,the amount changed.

The store keeper told me that was the amount the driver asked him to collect. I called the driver he is not taking my calls. I later found out it was even a different driver that brought the items.

What played out was that the driver after negotiating with me, took his own cut and zoomed off.

They will make you to start having trust issues,even when you want to buy ordinary pepper. We really need to change our attitude and perspective in life.
I've had three worst experiences with fellow Nigerians when it comes to online transaction.

Till date, I find it hard trusting anybody.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by paymentvoucher: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
NGO pay Salary and not for Volunteers. What NGO pay volunteers is stipend or allowance which both parties will sign a contract which is binding under the Nigeria Labour Law.

The mistake Op made was not having a copy of the signed contract. I believe he has learnt a lesson moving forward.

derico:
NGOs don't pay Salary.

It's a volunteer job...payment is usually not binding.
Whatever allowance they claim they'll give you, they still aren't bound by law to pay you that amount.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by ashawopikin(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Volunteer as father Christmas wey you be? People are wicked
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Nauttyprof(m): 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
Agbadocassava:
It’s a volunteering job you’re not expected to be paid but to be compensated in kind or cash… move on dear

Is it that you failed to read the post or you just rushed to comment because you saw volunteering job?

I just don't understand this comment of yours
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by hansomb: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2023
Most of the NGO have overseas sponsors. Tell them you will report them through social media, email, or phone call to their sponsors that they're cheaters and see how quickly they will pay you back.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Abobey123: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
What are you thinking.
Cmanforall:

grin
Hope this is not what I'm thinking undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by samwillyco1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
crossfm:

Like seriously 😳

I mean it ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / All You Need To Know About Going For Nigerian Navy DSSC [personal Experience] / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.