Stats: 3,190,171 members, 7,939,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? (293 Views)

Restriction Order: Lagos Police Clamp Down On Erring Okada Riders, Cultist / 7-Year-Old Girl Killed In Fight Between Soldiers And Police In Maiduguri / Soldiers And Civilians Clash In Umuahia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by J3susFr3ak: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
I think it is about time a strong law to that effect is proposed and agreed upon.

When a soldier is found guilty by actively participating in genocide in alliance with terrorists, the only option for that soldier is death from concerted civilian actions.

The other "mercy" option is an arrest from law-abiding civilians. An arrest can be made to further expose and humiliate the actions of the already compromised and infiltrated military.

Someone in the National Assembly should propose such a law. When the law enforcers become lawless, they give up the respect and rights accorded to them by their uniforms....then it is fair game for any other law-minded civilian to FORCEFULLY enforce the law.
Re: Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by wakaman: 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yes.
The next time you see any erring law enforcement agent tell him to surrender his gun and then arrest him and take him to your house.
Re: Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by J3susFr3ak: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
wakaman:
Yes.
The next time you see any erring law enforcement agent tell him to surrender his gun and then arrest him and take him to your house.

I know you are being sarcastic. But when law enforcers cross the line, they make themselves fair game for another type of extra judicial justice from whichever angle!

Why do you think Thomas Jefferson had such views below?

Re: Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by mysticwarrior(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
For warri any uniform man wey misbehave must collect better crowd beat.
Re: Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by J3susFr3ak: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
mysticwarrior:
For warri any uniform man wey misbehave must collect better crowd beat.

That is interesting. I quite understand that most guys in the Edo-Warri axis are quite rugged. I understand the key take away from your post is "crowd beat" --to infer that an individual alone may not have the strength or will to overpower an armed police or military person--but given enough reason, a collection of strong-willed people can. And that "reason" based on solid evidence could be gathered from many sources too including the phone camera....

The reason for my above question and proposal was to assert that any soldier or police who actively makes an alliance with terrorists has already signed his death sentence from a vigilant law abiding public. People who defend themselves need a covering law they can rely on--instead of being victimized for standing their grounds.
Re: Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by mysticwarrior(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

That is interesting. I quite understand that most guys in the Edo-Warri axis are quite rugged. I understand the key take away from your post is "crowd beat" --to infer that an individual alone may not have the strength or will to overpower an armed police or military person--but given enough reason, a collection of strong-willed people can. And that "reason" based on solid evidence could be gathered from many sources too including the phone camera....

The reason for my above question and proposal was to assert that any soldier or police who actively makes an alliance with terrorists has already signed his death sentence from a vigilant law abiding public. People who defend themselves need a covering law they can rely on--instead of being victimized for standing their grounds.
warri people no dey take nonsense. Below is a soldier that was seriously dealt with in warri for killing an unarmed civilian.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-edLj2AVOi/?igshid=owovo1qlobv7

Re: Can Civilians Also Arrest Erring Soldiers And Police? by J3susFr3ak: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
mysticwarrior:
warri people no dey take nonsense. Below is a soldier that was seriously dealt with in warri for killing an unarmed civilian.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-edLj2AVOi/?igshid=owovo1qlobv7

Wow! First time seeing this! Yeah, I am of the opinion that when society trusts you enough to carry a gun, a great measure of professional conduct and adherence to a modicum of human decency is expected.

I doubt I have heard of any cases of any soldier being publicly court-martialed. The gun makes most feel they are above the law. But good on Warri to making sure these wayward rascals are held accountable by the people.

Benue and Plateau needs this rugged mindset given how the same soldiers explicitly aid and abet terrorists in killing infants and adults alike.

REPORTS: Kwara Police Command Disclose Finding On The Viral Video Of Those Struc / S’african Arrested With Methamphetamine Consignment At Abuja Airport / She Caught Me Stealing – Teenage Explains Why He Killed Mother’s Benefactor