Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,720 members, 7,882,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:28 AM

WHO IS JESUS? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHO IS JESUS? (5858 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

@Amujale,

Read the link below to see how you have swallowed these lies hook, line and sinker.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp

This link does NOT talk about why there are striking similareities between Jesus and Budha; Jesus and Krishna; Jesus and Osirus; Jesus and Horus e.t.c

You have a brain, USE it

PAGAN  9JA:

most of the above facts are true. i have confirmed them all. except for a few, for e.g., Krishna was of royal descent looked after by a cowherders tribe, Krishna was not crucified but was accidently killed by a stray arrow from a hunter while he was resting under a tree in the forest, etc.

There is an[b] extra[/b]-canonical Hindu tradition which states that Krishna was crucified. According to some traditions, Krishna died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.

Judek2:

Believe this ??
you can believe anything,

These are the facts you need only check them out yourself.

Enigma:

Many people are ready to believe anything they read on the web that is "critical" of Christianity --- without a simple cursory check whether the material is true.

Check out these characters, and get back to me. I know that much of what you read might NOT initialy be palatable to you, but its with brotherly love that i share these findings and they are bound to set your mind FREE.

Enigma:

I remember that this same poster (I believe) posted some material about a book which in truth was critical of missionaries to some Indian tribes but with sensationalised claims on the web which the poster did not even take time to check if they were in the book in the first place; in fact, I would wager that the poster did not actually read the book.

Are you real?

What you imply here is simply untrue, nothing in my post has been sensationalised, infact, the quotes are directly out of Lewis's book. . .

Between, this book is still in touching distance so forget about wanting to place a wager or anything along that lines.
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2011
The parallels between Gautama Buddha and Jesus correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

The parallels between Krishna and Jesus also correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

KRISHNA born 900 B.C.E

(1)    Krishna was miraculously conceived and born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One"wink as a divine incarnation.

(2)    He was born at a time when his family had to travel to pay the yearly tax.

(3)    His father was a carpenter yet Krishna was born of royal descent.

(4)    His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gifts.

(5)    He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants who feared that the divine child would supplant his kingdom.

(6)    His father was warned by a heavenly voice to flee the tyrant who sought the death of the child. The child was then saved by friends who fled with them in the night to a distant country. When the tyrant learned that his attempt to kill the child failed, he issued a decree that all the infants in the area be put to death. Writing about Krishna in the eighteenth century, Sir William Jones stated, "In the Sanskrit dictionary, compiled more than two thousand years ago, we have the whole history of the incarnate deity, born of a virgin, and miraculously escaping in infancy from the reigning tyrant of his country." (Asiatic Researches, Vol. I, p. 273).

(7)    The Bible states that Jesus and family fled to Egypt afterward to escape from King Herod. According to the Christian apocryphal text "the Gospel of the Infancy," the family traveled to Maturea, Egypt. Krishna was born in Maturea, India, hundreds of years earlier.

(8.)    He was baptized in the River Ganges.

(9)    The missions of Krishna and Jesus were the same - the salvation of humanity.

(10)    Krishna worked miracles and wonders such as raising the dead and healing lepers, the deaf and the blind.

(11)    Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.

(12)    Jesus taught his disciples about the possibility of removing a mountain by faith. According to tradition, Krishna raised Mount Goverdhen above his disciples to protect his worshipers from the wrath of Indra.

(13)    "He lived poor and he loved the poor."

(14)    Krishna was said to have washed the feet of the Brahmins and transfigured before his disciples.

(15)    Krishna's teachings and Jesus' teachings were very similar. The celebrated French missionary and traveler, Evarist-Regis Hucv, who made a journey of several thousand miles through China and Tibet, stated, "If we addressed a Mogul or Tibetan this question, 'Who is Krishna?' the reply was instantly 'The savior of men." According to Robert Cheyne, "All that converting the Hindoos to Christianity does for them is to change the object of their worship from Krishna to Christ." Appleton's Cyclopedia says this about the teachings of Krishna: "Its correspondence with the New Testament is indeed striking."

(16)    There is an extra-canonical Hindu tradition which states that Krishna was crucified. According to some traditions, Krishna died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.

(17)    He was said to have descended to hell, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended to heaven which was witnessed by many.

(18)    Krishna is called the "shepherd god" and "lord of lords," and was considered "the redeemer, firstborn, sin bearer, liberator, universal Word."

(19)    He is the second person of the trinity, and proclaimed himself the "resurrection" and the "way to the Father."

(20)     He was considered the "beginning, the middle and the end," ("alpha and omega"wink, as well as being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

(21)    His disciples bestowed upon him the title "Jezeus," meaning "pure essence."

(22)    Krishna is to return again riding a white horse to do battle with the "prince of evil," who will desolate the Earth.

Does any of this sound familiar?
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Enigma(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ Amujale

I put it to you that you have not read the Norman Lewis book and that you are just repeating some nonsense that you saw on misinformed websites. smiley
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
Enigma:

I put it to you that you have not read the Norman Lewis book and that you are just repeating some nonsense that you saw on misinformed websites. smiley

What makes you say that? If you want to create a new topic on the disection of the journals written by Lewis then you can create a new thread and i will be glad to join the discussion; meanwhile there's NO need to derail this particular thread over crazy assumptions like the one you just made.
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
The character known as Jesus was born out of many ancient icons like Budha, Krishna, Horus and Osiris. Infact i would like for you to look into the Horus & Isis relationship especially.

Uptil this very moment, nobody has been able to provide any REAL evidence that this guy ever existed.

Christos is a common name in the Greek community aswell as another name for Krishna.

Let me expand on this further, the word 'Christ' comes from the Greek word 'Christos', which means "the anointed one".

'Krishna' in Greek is the same as 'Christos' which means "the anointed one"

The list of pre-christian divinities, heroes, kings and queens who were said to have been "born of a virgin" or miraculously birth includes the following:

Ra
Apis
Horus
Krishna
Buddha
Hetshepsut
Pharoah Amenophis III
Zoroaster
Melchizedek
Cyrus
Plato
Julius Caesar
Apollonius of Tyana
Taliesin
Merlin
Llew Llaw
Fohi
Lao-Kium

Even the story of the gifts from the kings and the "three wisemen" has been told before in ancient Egypt aswell as during the birth of Krishna.
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Enigma(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
Amujale:

What makes you say that? If you want to create a new topic on the disection of the journals written by Lewis then you can create a new thread and i will be glad to join the discussion; meanwhile there's NO need to derail this particular thread over crazy assumptions like the one you just made.

Ah, so you haven't actually read the book obviously - just like I said. wink

I won't 'derail' this particular thread and I'll leave you to carry on with your charade. smiley
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
Enigma:

Ah, so you haven't actually read the book obviously - just like I said.

What gives you that impression?
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2011

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
Amujale:

There is an[b] extra[/b]-canonical Hindu tradition which states that Krishna was crucified. According to some traditions, Krishna died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.

he might have died under/on a tree then because Krishna was a ruling King of a Kingdom and crucifixtion is a punishment reserved only for state criminals like jesus.

1 Like

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

he might have died under/on a tree then because Krishna was a ruling King of a Kingdom and crucifixtion is a punishment reserved only for state criminals like jesus.

Gbam
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 3:52am On Nov 01, 2011
After correcting the plagiarization from the bible's account of Jesus, there would be not much left of the stories other than an an account of:

An itinerate preacher who had an uneventful birth, who, at the age of about 35 gathered a small group of followers and toured a place called Galilee; spread a type of philosophy no different to that of Hillel the Elder; was convicted of aggravated assault in one of the temples, and was routinely executed for treason by the occupying Roman army.

THE END
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:39am On Nov 01, 2011

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2011
Amujale:

After correcting the plagiarization from the bible's account of Jesus, there would be not much left of the stories other than an an account of:

An itinerate preacher who had an uneventful birth, who, at the age of about 35 gathered a small group of followers and toured a place called Galilee; spread a type of philosophy no different to that of Hillel the Elder; was convicted of aggravated assault in one of the temples, and was routinely executed for treason by the occupying Roman army.

THE END

also treason for trying to stir rebellion in one of the most prosperous and stable Empires in the world, especially in a very sensitive area, owing to the fact that the monotheistic views of the later Jews was creating problems in the Empire already and jesus was doing nothing, but fuel to fire.

1 Like

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
Who is He?

Jesus is in complete control. He reigns sovereign.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1049/1049_01.asp

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
The parallels between Horus and the character known as Jesus correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

(1)    Horus was miraculously conceived.

(2)    His birth was accompanied by heavenly bodies

(3)    His foster father was named Seb

(4)    His birth was attended by 'angels'.

(5)    He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants who feared that the divine child would supplant his kingdom.

(6)   Ancient Eggyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the street at the time of winter solstice.

(7)    Herut tried to have Horus murdered at infancy

(8.)    He was baptized in the River Eridanus

(9)    The missions of Horus and Jesus were the same - the salvation of humanity.

(10)    Horus worked miracles and wonders such as raising the dead and healing the sick, the deaf and the blind. e.t.c    Horus was said to have "stilled the seas by his power"

(11)    Horus was taken from the desert up a mountain by his arch rival Seth; where he was said to later resist temptation

"I am Horus in glory . . . I am the Lord of the Light . . . I am the victorious one . . . I am the heir of endless time . . . I, even I, am he that knoweth the path of heaven"

"I am Horus, the Prince of Eternity"

"I am Horus who stepeth onward through eternity . . . Eternity and everlasting is my name"

Any of this sound familiar?

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
After correcting the plagiarization from the bible's account of the character known as Jesus, there would be not much left of the stories other than an an account of:

THE END
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
Another word for trolls is the unwanted intruder. grin

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2011
HORUS born 3000 B.C.E

The parallels between Horus and the character known as Jesus correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

(6)   Ancient Eggyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the street at the time of winter solstice.

(9)    The missions of Horus and Jesus were the same - the salvation of humanity.

(10)    Horus worked miracles and wonders such as raising the dead and healing the sick, the deaf and the blind. e.t.c    Horus was said to have "stilled the seas by his power"

(11)    Horus was taken from the desert up a mountain by his arch rival Seth; where he was said to later resist temptation

"I am Horus in glory . . . I am the Lord of the Light . . . I am the victorious one . . . I am the heir of endless time . . . I, even I, am he that knoweth the path of heaven"

"I am Horus who stepeth onward through eternity . . . Eternity and everlasting is my name"

Any of this sound familiar?

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
Trolls!

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2011

THE END
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
Who is He?

God the Son (Jesus) came to earth.

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Judek2(m): 6:06am On Nov 02, 2011
Man was created to have fellowship with God.
But because of his stubborn self-will,he chose to go his idependent way,and his fellowship with God was broken.

This self-will is characterised by an attitude of active rebellion or passive indeference,which is an evidience of sin.

Sin creates a great boundry between God and Man,
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2011
Who is He?

God the Son (Jesus) came to earth.

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2011
The parallels between Krishna and Jesus correspond in such a remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

KRISHNA born 900 B.C.E

(1) Krishna was miraculously conceived and born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One"wink as a divine incarnation.

(2) He was born at a time when his family had to travel to pay the yearly tax.

(3) His father was a carpenter yet Krishna was born of royal descent.

(4) His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gifts.

(5) He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants who feared that the divine child would supplant his kingdom.

(6) His father was warned by a heavenly voice to flee the tyrant who sought the death of the child. The child was then saved by friends who fled with them in the night to a distant country. When the tyrant learned that his attempt to kill the child failed, he issued a decree that all the infants in the area be put to death. Writing about Krishna in the eighteenth century, Sir William Jones stated, "In the Sanskrit dictionary, compiled more than two thousand years ago, we have the whole history of the incarnate deity, born of a virgin, and miraculously escaping in infancy from the reigning tyrant of his country." (Asiatic Researches, Vol. I, p. 273).

(7) The Bible states that Jesus and family fled to Egypt afterward to escape from King Herod. According to the Christian apocryphal text "the Gospel of the Infancy," the family traveled to Maturea, Egypt. Krishna was born in Maturea, India, hundreds of years earlier.

(8.) He was baptized in the River Ganges.

(9) The missions of Krishna and Jesus were the same - the salvation of humanity.

(10) Krishna worked miracles and wonders such as raising the dead and healing lepers, the deaf and the blind.

(11) Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.

(12) Jesus taught his disciples about the possibility of removing a mountain by faith. According to tradition, Krishna raised Mount Goverdhen above his disciples to protect his worshipers from the wrath of Indra.

(13) "He lived poor and he loved the poor."

(14) Krishna was said to have washed the feet of the Brahmins and transfigured before his disciples.

(15) Krishna's teachings and Jesus' teachings were very similar. The celebrated French missionary and traveler, Evarist-Regis Hucv, who made a journey of several thousand miles through China and Tibet, stated, "If we addressed a Mogul or Tibetan this question, 'Who is Krishna?' the reply was instantly 'The savior of men." According to Robert Cheyne, "All that converting the Hindoos to Christianity does for them is to change the object of their worship from Krishna to Christ." Appleton's Cyclopedia says this about the teachings of Krishna: "Its correspondence with the New Testament is indeed striking."

(16) There is an extra-canonical Hindu tradition which states that Krishna was crucified. According to some traditions, Krishna died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.

(17) He was said to have descended to hell, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended to heaven which was witnessed by many.

(18) Krishna is called the "shepherd god" and "lord of lords," and was considered "the redeemer, firstborn, sin bearer, liberator, universal Word."

(19) He is the second person of the trinity, and proclaimed himself the "resurrection" and the "way to the Father."

(20) He was considered the "beginning, the middle and the end," ("alpha and omega"wink, as well as being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent.

(21) His disciples bestowed upon him the title "Jezeus," meaning "pure essence."

(22) Krishna is to return again riding a white horse to do battle with the "prince of evil," who will desolate the Earth.

Does any of this sound familiar?
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Amujale, all your concerns had been answered in earlier posts if you care to read them instead of repeating yourself like an old record.

OLAADEGBU:

@Amujale,

You have been deceived by the web of satan's lies. Read the link below to see how you have swallowed these lies hook, line and sinker.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
@OLAADEGBU,  the link you provide is just a series of cartoon illustrations preaching the cult of christianity; a thought by now you should have noticed that MAGIC doesnt work on everyone.

It is the brotherly love i have for you that makes me want to set you FREE from the magic of christianity that has taken you captive.

What i present to everyone is physical and intellectual evidence that the character known as Jesus is nothing but one big FRAUD!

I know it hurts when you hear or see someone abusing your Jesus but sometimes the remedy to an ailment or sickness cannot be administered in any other way.

Every single piece of evidence concludes without a shadow of a doubt that the cult of christianity is based on sexed-up literature & characters, plagiarized literature, made-up literature and characters that claim to be original.

Hence the biggest FRAUD in christiandom is the christian bible; there is NOT many stories in that book that can claim to be an original.

logic

1. Jesus is a FRAUD. Why? Because his character takes after the characteristics of various other ancient characters that pre-date his own creation.

e.g Horus 3000 B.C.E; ATTIS 1200 B.C.E; KRISHNA 900 B.C.E; DIONYSUS 500 B.C.E e.t.c (p/s Jesus was supposedly born on 0 B.C.E; obviously theres no such date as 0 B.C.E but thats the claim)

What this signifies is that the character known as Jesus was supposedly born 500 years after Dionysus but adopts distintive parallels such as: being born from a virgin, born during the winter solitice, performing miracles, obsession with bread and wine e.t.c

2. The bible is a FRAUD, therefore any of the characters inside any of its stories cannot be taken seriously.

hence, the bible is a fraud = the character jesus is a fraud
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2011
Who is He?

Jesus is the only One who can save your neck on the Judgment Day.

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Judek2(m): 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2011
Amujale:

@OLAADEGBU,  the link you provide is just a series of cartoon illustrations preaching the cult of christianity; a thought by now you should have noticed that MAGIC doesnt work on everyone.

It is the brotherly love i have for you that makes me want to set you FREE from the magic of christianity that has taken you captive.

What i present to everyone is physical and intellectual proof that the character known as Jesus is a FRAUD!

I know it hurts when you hear or see someone abusing your Jesus but sometimes the remedy to an sickness cannot be administered any other way.

Every single piece of evidence concludes without a shadow of a doubt that the cult of christianity is based on sexed-up literature & characters, plagiarized literature, made-up literature and characters that claim to be original.

Hence the biggest FRAUD in christiandom is the christian bible; there is NOT many stories in that book that can claim to be an original.

lts employ simple logic:

1. Jesus is a FRAUD. Why? Because his character takes after the characteristics of various other ancient characters that pre-date his own creation.

e.g Horus 3000 B.C.E; ATTIS 1200 B.C.E; KRISHNA 900 B.C.E; DIONYSUS 500 B.C.E e.t.c

2. The bible is a FRAUD, therefore any of the characters inside any of its stories cannot be taken seriously.

hence, the bible is a fraud = the character jesus is a fraud

Oh Yes!!!, i believe you, Just as i believed the C.O.S and their lurering stories,and as i believe the Atheists and their exciting out lines,
Umm,yes, as i believe Mohammad on his indeferent stories, and many many more.,,,,Which will i believe and leave the rest

All these stories are for one person, Can't you see how great and Superior he is? HE RULES AND ALL THE EARTH TREMBLE AT HIS FEET.

I believe in
The one who teaches me LOVE,
The one who dispises SIN,
The one who promised me ETERNAL LIFE
The one who forgives my sins,
The one who hasnt only brought me to himself,but creating in me a great bond with the Father.
The one that DIED to save me from ETERNAL CONDEMNATION,

I believe in GOD,the father ALMIGHTY,creator of heaven and earth,and in JESUS CHRIST,the only SON OF GOD,who was born of a Virgin, Who worked,Suffered,died,rose and is to come again, This is the greatest truth,and its bond in our hearts,
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
HORUS born 3000 B.C.E (p/s Jesus was supposedly born on 0 B.C.E; obviously theres no such date as 0 B.C.E but thats the claim)

What this signifies is that the character known as Jesus was supposedly born 3000 years after Horus, yet the parallels correspond in such a  remarkable manner that its simply impossible for it to have been down to mere chance or coincidence.

Take a look at the symbol Horus is holding in one of his hands.

Any of this look or sound familiar?

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40am On Nov 03, 2011
Who is He?

Jesus is the only One who can save your neck on the Judgment Day.

"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." (Luke 12:5)

Re: WHO IS JESUS? by Amujale(m): 1:00am On Nov 03, 2011

THE END
Re: WHO IS JESUS? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19am On Nov 03, 2011
You need to take your night medication!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious Names Of Churches In Nigeria / Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven / Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.