Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,163 members, 7,950,008 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Anambra Lawmaker, Anekwe Offers Scholarships To Late Friend's Children - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Anambra Lawmaker, Anekwe Offers Scholarships To Late Friend's Children (162 Views)

FALSE ALARM: Hon. Ezinwa Dismisses Rumors Of Chief Anekwe's Demise / Police Recover Body Of Beheaded Anambra Lawmaker, As Gov Soludo Places N10 Bount / Trump Approves Embassy Scholarships To Study In USA (bsc, Msc Phd) For African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Lawmaker, Anekwe Offers Scholarships To Late Friend's Children by Africascorecard(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2023
By UDAEGBE

The ancient Igbo spirit of philanthropic generosity said to have sustained the Igbo nation was demonstrated live recently at Oroma Etiti, Anam, Anambra West Local Government Area Anambra State when the member representing Anambra East and West Federal constituency, Chief Peter Udogala Anekwe, offered scholarship upto university level to any children of his deceased friend, Aloysius Odili.

Late Aloysius, whose children were the beneficiaries of the scholarship, was buried in his compound amid high emotions by family members, friends and well-wishers during the funeral.

Announcing the scholarship offer, the benefactor, Hon. Anekwe, explained that the late Odili was his bosom friend whose family he said he could not afford to watch suffer in his presence.

According to him, “Aloysius was my friend, as such, I need to do something tangible to assist his family in a time of need like this”.

Hon. Anakwe described his deceased friend, Aloysius, as a nice sociable person whose examplary life he said needed to be emulated, adding that he was a friend to all.

While encouraging people to live good life of their own very selves, he said, “l am living my life and I am not in competition with any body, but I live my life to impress God Almighty, not human beings”.

Also in their various responses, friends and well -wishers who came from far and near to sympathize with the bereaved family described the late Aloysiu as a man who took pleasure seeing people smiling and consequently encouraged his children to hold tenaciously to the legacy which they said their father had left.

One of late Aloysius’ friends, Mr Chibuko Anekwe, explained that the deceased was his bosom friend, stating that he, late Aloysius, lived above board, having clean dealings with people. He prayed God to grant him eternal rest in Christ.

In his appreciation, Chief Osita Clement, thanked Hon. Chief Anekwe (Macpee Milinaliugwu) for extending the hands of fellowship to their family, praying God to bless him in all his endeavours.

(1) (Reply)

United Kingdom (UK) Teacher’s Recruitment 2023 / AI Childrens Book Maker - Review / Easy AI For E Review⚠️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.