Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,179 members, 7,887,420 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:40 AM

See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent (53687 Views)

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians / Modified - Daylight Robbery by LOAN APPS / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MissOpe(f): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nasri100:
See even if you are hungry and about to die pls never borrow money from any loan shark in Nigeria.

If you need a loan approach a cbn verified commercial bank. If they cant grant you a loan then ask someone.

Never borrow from Loan sharks. It can cost your life in the long run.

How can it cost him his life, school me on this......
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Armanipounds: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
You have the right to sue for deceit in court. The agent falsely misrepresentated the scheme to you to his loan company's advantage.
The question now is can you afford a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Jman06(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Op, those criminal loan apps will only blackmail you if you show them that you fear their threats. Let them know you don't bleeping care who they report you to, in fact, offer to help them tell more of your contacts that you owe them.

Once they realize that you are not moved by their threats, them go calm down come begin dey beg you sef to refund without interest.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Nasri100(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
MissOpe:

How can it cost him his life, school me on this......

In the long run the constant threats and blackmail and embarrassment has led many people to commit suicide.

Just google loan sharks death.

Never borrow money from loan sharks.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by nairalanda1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
maxist2020:

You must be in insane or one of those loan agent, if not I don't see the reason why a normal human will put up such comment.

And you must be married to Miss Universe, and have half a billion dollars in your account.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Purvan:
You be confam mugu

Why you send that money def

You for keep am and fake your death
Idaaan!
grin

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by nairalanda1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
richie240:
E be like say u nor read d guy post wella.
Instead of d '50k for 66k' as agreed, they sent 38k and still demanded a repayment of 66k.

That's d issue on ground.
If they gave him 38k then d interest shd be calculated on d 38k not d 50k.
cool

If you read the guy's article, it was obvious he did not need the loan in the first place

Also, if it is too good to be true, it usually is!

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:
My dear Nairalanders, kindly save me from this loan Marchant. I was deceived by Thier agent.

Please ignore my typing errors.

According to Otijah

I have been borrowing from this app for sometime now until I decided to stop due to the one week duration they do give and the high interest rate during this interval

After 2days an agent of them chatted me up and told me about the increment in my loan to 50k and and extended duration of 1 month, I told him if its not what he said then I will wait he said no problem. He even said I should carry him along while doing it.

I went to the app clicked on it and saw 55k to pay 66k and after I did it I received an alert of 38k in my account instead of the 55k and a one week duration at that to pay 66k.

I chatted that agent to tell him about the outcome but he ignored me, I called him up he refused to answer, I told him I want to refund the money because I don't need it, as I did tell him initially yet he was ignoring me.

After three days I contacted another agent of theirs and told him about the incident he later gave me an account number to refund the principal, which I did immediately

Fast forward to one week later these people started threatening the hell of my life that I must pay those interest, that is non of their business. One even openly told me that they are trained to Deceive their customers and tell them lies do at to attract them.

Even till today am still receiving threatening messages from them

please I need an appropriate place to channel this. thanks

Report them to:

lenderstaskforce@fccpc.gov.ng

Also, stop answering them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Ofadaman(m): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Lol you're too soft with them, how to deal with this people.
Just ignore them, block their life any number that calls you from them block it.
Highest they can do is send message to people , if anyone contacts you just tell them your phone was stolen and someone used your sim to register for loan before you recovered your line. After 6 months they'd be begging you, by only problem is that you didn't chop the 38k, if na me I go don spend the money since

2 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by LOVEGINO(m): 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
We owe dem 4 living

3 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Globalistic(f): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
Loan App dey don beg me tire for repayment

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Prokaryote: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
obembet:
My dear Nairalanders, kindly save me from this loan Marchant. I was deceived by Thier agent.

According to Otijah

I have been borrowing from this app for sometime now until I decided to stop due to the one week duration they do give and the high interest rate during this interval ignore and stop being a loan addit

After 2days an agent of them chatted me up and told me about the increment in my loan to 50k and and extended duration of 1 month, I told him if its not what he said then I will wait he said no problem. He even said I should carry him along while doing it.

I went to the app clicked on it and saw 55k to pay 66k and after I did it I received an alert of 38k in my account instead of the 55k and a one week duration at that to pay 66k.

I chatted that agent to tell him about the outcome but he ignored me, I called him up he refused to answer, I told him I want to refund the money because I don't need it, as I did tell him initially yet he was ignoring me.

After three days I contacted another agent of theirs and told him about the incident he later gave me an account number to refund the principal, which I did immediately

Fast forward to one week later these people started threatening the hell of my life that I must pay those interest, that is non of their business. One even openly told me that they are trained to Deceive their customers and tell them lies do at to attract them.

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Zhirinovsky: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Send this to all your contacts with a short explanation on how this thieves want to dupe you.

Message them, call them "criminals" which they are and tell them you won't pay back a dime. Block their numbers.
obembet:

According to Otijah

I have been borrowing from this app for sometime now until I decided to stop due to the one week duration they do give and the high interest rate during this interval

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by OperationalVehi: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
me sef dey owe over 24k
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by askolly(m): 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Bro name the loan app wi need to know dem

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Ubanz: 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
All these Wema bank affiliates

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.Thing about loan app, when they are offering you deals too good to be true, check am well. (I know from experience)

2.Once you take loan, it is understood you have agreejavascript:void(0);d to the terms and conditions, including the bit where they can revise the loan deals (Yes, it is there in the fine print).

3.Besides, he did not need it really.

Your family has lots of wisdom and favour in their lives, they do.

They are called loan sharks for a reason. All these your crap don't matter. Nigerians are the ones not really smart. Get a phone with few fake contacts and then apply. Delete their app and move on. If many Nigerians can treat them as such they will be the ones to run away.

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by tojahh(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
No pay anything... Nothing dey happen.

If them call. Pick am, put am for radio make the person dey listen to music.

7 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by masseratti: 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
What's the new.of the loan app

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Blazadenise(m): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
You know what you should do, pay back the loan, then freeze up your contact and borrow another loan with the intention never to repay again... Has long has your contact is freeze..then cant see your contact on there system
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by MissOpe(f): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nasri100:

In the long run the constant threats and blackmail and embarrassment has led many people to commit suicide.

Just google loan sharks death.

Never borrow money from loan sharks.

In that case, I must deduce that people who result to suicide cos of the aforementioned must have very big egos..

They're nothing but proud people...

Why commit suicide cos someone embarrasses you....

I have a friend who is also a victim of these loan sharks, she keeps asking me to borrow her money to pay them back so as to safeguard her remaining reputation....

I keep asking myself myself she's hell-bent on saving reputation that isn't there in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by zelnababa(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Lolz nothing dey happen, no only thread dem Sabi, afterall dem bi illegal loan sharks jus rest ur mind.

2 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Majesty7: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maryam1234:

They're not threatening you alone bro,
They're also threatening your contacts,I mean they're calling everyone connected to your NIN to report you cry

I have been receiving plenty calls and text messages from them,they won't even allow me to explain that I'm not connected to those people before cutting me off.

So bad.

That is a lie. They can't contact anyone connected to your NIN. There is even nothing like connecting to NIN. The worst they can do is to contact your contact except the people who collected the loan used a fake contact
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Habyyet: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
If you want to have peace of mind, leave all this loan apps alone, irrespective of them

They are all evil
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Jerewise332(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Chi133:

They can't do anything. Just don't allow them to have access to your contacts. Via settings.

Pls how can someone do about the contact setting?

1 Like

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Osobi32(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
I will strongly advise u ignore them for now, they will later come back to beg u. I know someone who deliberately borrowed for 8 different apps and refuse to pay..... After much threats they are now begging him to pay the initials grin
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by travismacoy: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Same thing happened to me sometime ago.
This guy decieved me that my next loan the duration period will increase i collwcted next and they started threatening after a week.
Omoh i couldnt pay that money thoughi had intention of paying but they had already called me out.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by door2(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
Cory EFCC .ICPC.
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by naijapikin2(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
Very simple solution

Don't pay them back

Nothing will happen am telling you

2 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Adeolajude(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
I hope you read this..what you will do is to send bulk SMS to your contacts and inform them before hand that a loan app hacked your phone and is blackmailing you. Tell them to ignore any message from them. Then if you did not link your bank to the loan app..just ignore them or abuse them anytime they call you. Naija is a jungle since no one can guarantee u justice you have to toughen up and pick the fight for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by InvertedHammer: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
/

Loan App business exist and are thriving because kind-hearted individuals that could lend money to people with no interest attached will never get the money back.

Do I support their tactics? No! But based on the environment they are operating in and the kind of people they are dealing with, it is an open season.

/
Re: See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent by Nasri100(m): 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
MissOpe:

In that case, I must deduce that people who result to suicide cos of the aforementioned must have very big egos..

They're nothing but proud people...

Why commit suicide cos someone embarrasses you....

I have a friend who is also a victim of these loan sharks, she keeps asking me to borrow her money to pay them back so as to safeguard her remaining reputation....

I keep asking myself myself she's hell-bent on saving reputation that isn't there in the first place.

People are made differently as someone quoted earlier. You are bold to face things like this, others arent.

And i really don't think its an ego issue tbh generally. Some people just cant stand the embarrassment and its understandable.

In the first place why should a loan app involve a third party to a mutual agreement? Sending threats to contacts is just plain wrong but anything goes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu's Daughter, Oge, Steals The Heart Of Instagram Users / Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious / First Bank Apologises About Lagos Trekking Tweet Today (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.