Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,089 members, 7,906,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 08:22 PM

Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) (160 Views)

Obaseki, Edo APC celebrate Oshiomhole’s suspension / Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension / Wike Gifts Man Who Trekked For Him A Car, Celebrated By His People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) by BleedingPen: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2023
By Ogochukwu Isioma

The Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt Hon Comrade Philip Shaibu has been conferred with the prestigious ‘Special Achievement and Recognition’ Award on Sports Development by the Nigeria Olympians Association (NOA).

The award was presented to Comrade Shaibu at the NOA’s Summit, Award and Gala Night held on Thursday at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja, in recognition of his contributions to sports development, particularly football in Nigeria.

Shaibu was also honoured for delivering effective, sound, and excellent developmental sports’ policy programmes of the Governor Godwin Obaseki led-administration that have positioned the state’s sports’ sector on the path of sustainable development.

Receiving the award, Comrade Shaibu thanked the organizers; the Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, whom he described as his elder brother; and the good people of Edo State for their support which he said made the NOA’s recognition possible.

“It is truly an honour to be recognized by such a distinguished association and to stand amongst the remarkable personalities who have represented our great nation on the global stage,” the visibly elated Edo Deputy Governor declared.

“Special thanks to my principal and elder brother, the capacity ‘Wake and See’ Governor Godwin Obaseki for allowing me the opportunity to manage sports in the state. Without the platform, I would not have done what I did to have deserved this honour.

“I accept this award not only on my behalf but on behalf of all the athletes who have dedicated their lives to representing Nigeria with pride and honour,” Rt Hon Comrade Philip Shaibu added.

Shaibu thanked the NOA for bestowing the incredible honour on him, saying, “This recognition not only reflects my achievements but also acknowledges the collective efforts of countless individuals who have supported me so far in these incredible journeys.”

“I also commend and appreciate the team that has been working with me to take the state to where it is today. I would also like to express my gratitude to the people of Edo State for their unyielding support and belief in my abilities.”

Shaibu declared that he was committed to using his platform to promote sports development and empower young athletes, adding, “It is with deep pride that I serve as the Deputy Governor of this great state.”

“This award serves as a testament to the progress we have made in our collective pursuit of sporting excellence in Edo State,” the Deputy Governor further noted.

He reiterated his commitment to working tirelessly to promote sports at all levels and to provide opportunities for every aspiring athlete to fulfil their potential.

“Let us continue to inspire the next generation of athletes, empower our communities, and build a nation that thrives on the values of sportsmanship, determination, and unity,” Shaibu charged.

The colourful event was graced by the Deputy Governor’s sports’ family, friends, political associates as well as some government functionaries and aides in the Deputy Governor’s Office.

Dubbed “the sports-loving Deputy Governor”, Shaibu is a recipient of various sport-related awards by several credible sports organisations and professional bodies, in recognition of his sterling performances and contributions to sports development.

Under Shaibu’s watch, Bendel Insurance Football Club (FC) of Edo recently qualified for next season’s CAF Confederation Cup after defeating Rangers International Football Club (FC) of Enugu one nil to lift their 4th FA Cup after 43 years.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/07/14/photos-shaibu-bags-noas-award-on-sports-development-metrowatch/

Lala Mynd44 Omp44

PIC 1: Shaibu, flanked by his wife, Maryann; former Youth and Sports Minister, Solomon Daulung, and others, receives NOA's special recognition award in Abuja.

Re: Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) by BleedingPen: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2023
Congratulations

Re: Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) by BleedingPen: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2023
More photos...

Re: Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2023
Nice one

congratulations Mr Shaibu

congratulations Bendel insurance
Re: Shaibu Bags NOA’s Award On Sports Devt, Thanks Obaseki, Edo People (PHOTOS) by Jostoman: 9:33am On Jul 14, 2023
Congratulation to him

(1) (Reply)

DeltaAPC:S-South Group Blasts Omo-Agege Over Desperation,Betrayal, back Ojougboh / State House Press: Review Of N8, 000 Cash Transfer / Udom Returns, To Declare Akwa Ibom Dialogue Summit, Open,monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.