Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,628 members, 7,882,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:21 PM

Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him (38203 Views)

Court Stops DSS From Arresting Emefiele: Full-text Judgement By Justice Tsoho / Court Stops DSS From Arresting Emefiele / Army Denies Re-Arresting Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Juju70(m): 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
Save 400bn borrow 900bn kikikikiiiiiii
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by FireUpNow(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
You can arrest Empror Meffy without arresting Buhari as well. Emefiele only obeyed orders from Buhari
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Dzzzz: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
The court is right for this action..You left Buhari going for Emefiele is that not witchcraft...Who cuts the tail of a snake and says it’s dead..You go for the head..
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by occfx: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
DEXTROVERT:
Nigeria
Problem
Is
The
Judiciary

Imagine
Someone
Will
Go
And
Purchase
Court
Injunctions
For
Him
Not
To
Be
Tried
For glaring offenses.

If
Na
Road side thief
They will have burnt him or sent him to prison
Rich ones like Ganduje, Emefiele, Dansuki etc just need to buy judgement. No one will touch them.

Henceforth,
I
Will
Get
Injunction that
No mod will ban me

Just pay them... Thats the country we are representing
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by worksmart(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
There is no crime in re-designing our naira notes it is normal and has been done several times before Emefiele, the problem was that powerful forces hoarding the old notes sabotage the successful transition to the new notes and that ultimately caused the hardship.

My fear is for his life, because if Tinubu is unable to remove "legally" as CBN chief he may use illegal means. May be he should resign to safeguard his life.
Badgers14:
While I was aggrieved by CBN policy under the former governor...

He was acting under the directive of his boss. The President.

Also, the Senate and House are culpable also in the sense they could have invited him for questioning to understand what's going on but they didnt..

Thr CBN governor is just the man in the middle and there are many people responsible for the plight Nigerians faced at the time..

In my view.. the most blame should go to our legislatures.. the senate and the House of Rep.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Ikpunnegi01: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Release Emefiele now! If you want to or sure of fighting Corruption, then go after the former Ajala traveler and his people. Don't go and portray Emefiele's name as been corrupt; go after his Boss then we will all know that you guys are serious in your corruption fight.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by slowice(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
Since they obviously can arrest bubu and his boys, there's absolutely nothing they can do to emefiele
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Racoon(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
baralatie:
Sambo Dasuki was released by express permission of the president on the basis of medical treatment.
And he has not gone back to face his prosecution thereafter? My friend the arms funds scandal probe have long be disbanded because of the indicted persons involved( Dasuki, Tukur Buratai, Abdulrahaman Danbazzau).

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Angelfrost(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

But quite honestly, Emefiele has no business being in detention while the man who was his employer and principal walks free without anybody lifting a finger in question.

Buhari was clear and unequivocal when he insisted that Emefiele was acting under his marching orders. So on what grounds is the employee being detained and prosecuted and his principal is not undergoing same treatment?

It makes no sense whatsoever!

You are right... I have argued this issue to no end! APC sycophants don't want to hear that one! They claim the CBN is autonomous! Funny and idiotic liars!

Then again... What really makes sense in this country??! What has ever made sense??!

Orji Uzor Kalu is not only walking free but a Senator
James Ibori visits Aso Rock and even eyes the ministerial slots
FFK has gone from vilifying the APC to licking Tinubu's behind
Buhari is still hailed as a hero in the very same parts of Katsina ravaged by Bandits under his watch
Asari Dokubo of all people dines with the nation's Head of state (while Kanu is in Jail)
Rochas Okorocha has been declared a Saint by the same useless Judiciary

Sigh... Where do we even start?!! Abeg! Naija matter no go fit ever make sense!
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by amstamon: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Nothing new here! Nigerian Judiciary is only good at letting Wealthy people off the hook!

As I said earlier on another thread, the following is without a doubt in this Animal Farm called Naija!
Na osaze odewinge be this na
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by onuman: 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buhari failed Nigeria, thereafter, Tinubu wants to make Emefiele the scapegoat of Buhari failures under APC government formed by Tinubu.
This is how one party system forned the opinion of people during the Nazi era and succeeded in exterminating 6million Jews.
Buhari/Tinubu APC made Nigeria become the poverty capital of the world but use propagandists to make Nigerians look away from APC'S failures. Buhari has just warned that anybody who asks him to come to court to give evidence, must be in trouble. Hitler would have said similar thing like Buhari if Germany had won the 2nd World War.

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Angelfrost(m): 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
amstamon:

Na osaze odewinge be this na

Boss, no nah! grin grin grin

Dem just resemble small!
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by worksmart(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
Redesign of the Naira is not a criminal offence, it is part of the duties of the CBN.
Any other alleged criminal offences are just mere allegations until he is convicted in a court of competent jurisdiction.
DEXTROVERT:
Nigeria
Problem
Is
The
Judiciary

Imagine
Someone
Will
Go
And
Purchase
Court
Injunctions
For
Him
Not
To
Be
Tried
For glaring offenses.

If
Na
Road side thief
They will have burnt him or sent him to prison
Rich ones like Ganduje, Emefiele, Dansuki etc just need to buy judgement. No one will touch them.

Henceforth,
I
Will
Get
Injunction that
No mod will ban me
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Christistruth03: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
The Police need to investigate all the Telephone and email communications of the last Judge this last order is fishy and the NJC knows it

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
Angelfrost:

You are right... I have argued this issue to no end! APC sycophants don't want to hear that one! They claim the CBN is autonomous! Funny and idiotic liars!

Then again... What really makes sense in this country??! What has ever made sense??!

Orji Uzor Kalu is not only walking free but a Senator
James Ibori visits Aso Rock and even eyes the ministerial slots
FFK has gone from vilifying the APC to licking Tinubu's behind
Buhari is still hailed as a hero in the very same parts of Katsina ravaged by Bandits under his watch
Asari Dokubo of all people dines with the nation's Head of state (while Kanu is in Jail)
Rochas Okorocha has been declared a Saint by the same useless Judiciary

Sigh... Where do we even start?!! Abeg! Naija matter no go fit ever make sense!

Nigeria is the true and realistic interpretation of the phrase "the end justifies the means".

Just make money, be prominent and powerful. Nigerians will glorify you without anyone asking questions as to how you rode to that plane.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by baralatie(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
And he has not gone back to face his prosecution thereafter? My friend the arms funds scandal probe have long be disbanded because of the indicted persons involved( Dasuki, Tukur Buratai, Abdulrahaman Danbazzau).
The arms probe was disbanded by the president himself na!
It was disbanded because the senior corp wrote to the president thatprobe was now going beyond it's rules of engagement.
Is it not the probe that exposed the late general of accounts of misappropriation of funds?
So if you are saying what I am saying!
Sambo Dasuki is not off the hook if theft wants him back to face the problem ?
So the fg can choose to make him a scape goat if it wants
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Douglad: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
adioolayi:
DSS has charged him to court...na so we read am...make Emefiele and his lawyers relax na..

All these injunctions not necessary

What exactly were the charges? The news by the Cable yesterday had nothing of value in it
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Dsimmer: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
DSS has already charged him to court, so there's no need for wailing by any paid lawyer. Has the 400billion he made to mongono been recoverd? What about other money? He should release the money he stole.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by samuoye(m): 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
KINDLY WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL AT
https://youtube.com/@samueloyeniyi9442
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Angelfrost(m): 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Nigeria is the true and realistic interpretation of the phrase "the end justifies the means".

Just make money, be prominent and powerful. Nigerians will glorify you without anyone asking questions as to how you rode to that plane.

Yep... In Nigeria, money doesn't only answer all things, it covers every sin including MURDER!

With the right wealth and influence, you can even get away with GENOCIDE in Nigeria!
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Douglad: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
michoim:

What are you talking, that "the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash". Apart from being used, Emefiele is personally dirty and corrupt and also engaged in corrupting top government and security personnel across the country; fronting some micro finance banks, and manipulating forex( multiple forex) using his cronies...

And yet DSS could not bring charges against him? Why, if I may ask?
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE
Gang of Thieves. Thier drug Lord Tinubu is the king of them all
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Ezmans: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This government steered by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is law-abiding.
#RenewedHope.

I dedicate “Do We Have A Problem?” by Nicki Minaj & Lil Baby to PBAT. Great jam!
tinubu should arrest Buhari the petroleum minister for 8 years & CBN is under presidency
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Watinhapen(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
What exactly did Emefiele do that Tinubu through DSS is arresting him? Emefiele was only obeying the orders of Buhari. If Tinubu wants to arrest anyone, he should go arrest Buhari. Because Emefiele didn’t allow him see cash to distribute during the election, now he is a target. Mahmood Yakubu that obviously did wrong by stealing the people’s choice of President and giving it to Tinubu is still walking free. Anybody that worked against Tinubu during Buhari’s tenure is now a target. Tinubu and DSS is a disgrace.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Dittodat: 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
I said it yesterday here and a lots of people were criticising me. The DSS can do Godwin Emefiele nothing except they wants to implicate the former president Muhammadu Buhari that used him to do the dirty jobs of feathering his nest, that of his aides and cronies.

All the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash. Even Tinubu fully knows the implications of investigating the former CBN chair. Hence he will thread carefully. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings or Thomas Sankara kind of persons to sanitise this corruption ridden entity called a country.

Rubbish trash as usual.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Bovis(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Badgers14:
While I was aggrieved by CBN policy under the former governor...

He was acting under the directive of his boss. The President.

Also, the Senate and House are culpable also in the sense they could have invited him for questioning to understand what's going on but they didnt..

Thr CBN governor is just the man in the middle and there are many people responsible for the plight Nigerians faced at the time..

In my view.. the most blame should go to our legislatures.. the senate and the House of Rep.

The senate and the House of Representatives invited him several times but he refused to honour the invitations
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by onuman: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
I said it yesterday here and a lots of people were criticising me. The DSS can do Godwin Emefiele nothing except they wants to implicate the former president Muhammadu Buhari that used him to do the dirty jobs of feathering his nest, that of his aides and cronies.

All the shout of Emefiele is corrupt nah wash. Even Tinubu fully knows the implications of investigating the former CBN chair. Hence he will thread carefully. Nigeria needs a Jerry Rawlings or Thomas Sankara kind of persons to sanitise this corruption ridden entity called a country.

In bold. No saner person would believe that Emefiele took to the monetary policies of the CBN without Buhari's approval. Buhari was a dictator.
Dictatorship of Buhari was derived from the undue large number of states and political constituencies proliferated in Northern Nigeria which Buhari's clan control. It's not that Buhari was brilliant enough to make himself a dictator.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by olumite2014(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hummmn, after they've negotiated, who is deceiving who.
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by justking(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Okay
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by adecz: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Just like Kanu, national security can
not be decided by court...

When in February, court ordered that
the old currency must continue to be
legal tender, did Emefiele respect or
agree to the judgement❓❓ He decided
to await Buhari's position on the matter.

Emefiele must remain under detention
until further notice❗️❗️

Nonsense and ingredients😡😡😡😡
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by Ezmans: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
The worst mistake in nigeria since 1914 is to allow apc into power
Re: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Emefiele, Bars DSS From Re-arresting Him by LegacyB: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Easy,so easy DSS pls appeal and keep that wicked man with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS / 6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Buhari, Abike Dabiri, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie, Adesina, Garba In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.