Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,558 members, 7,888,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

Global Citizenship - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Global Citizenship (169 Views)

British Igbos Discuss Biafra, Nigerian Identity And British Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Global Citizenship by Davidtalo121: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
It was diogenes when he was asked where he's from he said ' I'm a citizen of the world'
Socrates himself said ' I'm neither a citizen of Athens or a Greek but I'm a citizen of the world.

Friends, there's no truer time to live than now. You get to see things from places unknown and heard of, meet people with contrast view of life and meet parts of cultures you didn't know even exist.

I'll encourage everyone to keep an open mind, be curious not judgemental and in everything,
Let's not forget that language does creates a barrier into an insider culture perspective, while we might not have to learn another language, we've got to be very aware of the fact.
Re: Global Citizenship by DaddyCoool: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
Nigerians are naturally citizens of the world, wether they like it or not. Japa syndrome is ingrained in them by greed and by the sense that the grass is greener in Lybia!
It's Americans you should be preaching this to

(1) (Reply)

Culture In Diversity / Can Graffiti Be Cancelled? / Unpopular Opinions - My Honest Thoughts On Nigerians �� & Ghanaians �� - Mus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.