Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (338992 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (308) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 5:23pm On Jun 24
Damalex4luv:
It's for those that did not study Psychology as their primary course of study. So there's no fuse

I know who it is for and my question is different.....I did my Msc Clinical Child Psychology at ARU Cambridge.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Justkme: 5:23pm On Jun 24
Please if a masters student decide to settle for PGD instead, do they qualify for PSW with their dependants?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Bourne007(m): 9:50pm On Jun 24
I'm afraid they don't qualify. Why would you want to settle for PGD?

One of the exceptions is if your profession (course) falls under the reserved activities that is regulated by UK law.

Justkme:
Please if a masters student decide to settle for PGD instead, do they qualify for PSW with their dependants?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Samuel1104: 6:37am On Jun 25
Good morning all, I'm new here and I've been following the treads. I'm married but traveling alone to UK via student visa route(M.Sc). I'm about starting my visa application and I want to know if

(I) IHS fee is compulsory?
(II) Is it mandatory to submit Statement of Purpose along with other documents?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 7:20am On Jun 25
Samuel1104:
Good morning all, I'm new here and I've been following the treads. I'm married but traveling alone to UK via student visa route(M.Sc). I'm about starting my visa application and I want to know if

(I) IHS fee is compulsory?
(II) Is it mandatory to submit Statement of Purpose along with other documents?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Yes to all your questions.

Since you are married why don't you look into MRes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Justkme: 7:51am On Jun 25
Bourne007:
I'm afraid they don't qualify. Why would you want to settle for PGD?

One of the exceptions is if your profession (course) falls under the reserved activities that is regulated by UK law.

Thank you. Not that he wants to settle, but he has 2 resits due to plagiarism which means he won’t be able to finish by sept this year (he came in last year sept). So to do his capstone, he will need a visa extension but the issue is, someone said he may be the only person that will be given the extension since no dependants are allowed as from this year, so his family may not be able to cross to PSW visa after the extension.
The dependants are here already, and we hope the wife will get COS, but we are looking at other options just in case COS doesn’t come out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Samuel1104: 8:02am On Jun 25
MrSoftlife:

Yeah, I got your view and I appreciate it. It'd be somehow difficult taking them with me right now if I have to be realistic because I will also be staying with my elder brother overthere who's also married with 3 kids. In other words accommodation is sorted and feeding is almost certained as well.

Taking family (Wife + 2 kids) on MRes with me will result in me paying rents n feeding the whole family and I still got tuition & some other things to pay for.

I could have opted for Canada to UK, but when I considered feeding, accommodation and others, UK is the viable option!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by cashmyles: 8:56am On Jun 25
MrSoftlife:

Good morning, please is MRes the same as MSD?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Bourne007(m): 9:07am On Jun 25
Unfortunately he will be extending visa under the new study visa conditions which means the bolded is likely. Are dependants visas expiring about the same time he re-sits?

Not just any COS o .. . Wife needs to find a sponsor that will cover not just her but with her dependants.

Justkme:

Thank you. Not that he wants to settle, but he has 2 resits due to plagiarism which means he won’t be able to finish by sept this year (he came in last year sept). So to do his capstone, he will need a visa extension but the issue is, someone said he may be the only person that will be given the extension since no dependants are allowed as from this year, so his family may not be able to cross to PSW visa after the extension.
The dependants are here already, and we hope the wife will get COS, but we are looking at other options just in case COS doesn’t come out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 9:22am On Jun 25
Chimama1:
I learnt something. Don't give too much information at all. I didn't give any explanation letter. In my visa section form for, I just kept I was denied due to insufficient Data. I have 3 sisters in the uk I only mentioned one and filled one person information. Don't give any long stories. Have sufficient money and submit the necessary documents

Explanation letter helps when you have issues with e.g your bank statement or transactions that might look fishy, mistake in any of your documents..wrong DOB etc, always use extral paper to explain that, don't leave for case worker to fingure it out.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 9:29am On Jun 25
cashmyles:

Good morning, please is MRes the same as MSD?

MRes: Master of Research

Good morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by cashmyles: 9:37am On Jun 25
MrSoftlife:

MRes: Master of Research

Good morning

MSD - Masters by dissertation. I really don't know if applying for this will enable me to come with my dependants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 12:17pm On Jun 25
cashmyles:

MSD - Masters by dissertation. I really don't know if applying for this will enable me to come with my dependants

But you just said you can't afford it.

Don't do more than you can afford.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by cashmyles: 12:20pm On Jun 25
MrSoftlife:

But you just said you can't afford it.

Don't do more than you can afford.

I wasn't the one. I only asked the question under the comment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 3:53pm On Jun 25
Justkme:
Only in Ireland you qualify for same post study as msc but in the uk you don't qualify for post study
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 3:58pm On Jun 25
Samuel1104:

Yeah, I got your view and I appreciate it. It'd be somehow difficult taking them with me right now if I have to be realistic because I will also be staying with my elder brother overthere who's also married with 3 kids. In other words accommodation is sorted and feeding is almost certained as well.

Taking family (Wife + 2 kids) on MRes with me will result in me paying rents n feeding the whole family and I still got tuition & some other things to pay for.

I could have opted for Canada to UK, but when I considered feeding, accommodation and others, UK is the viable option!
No family in the UK. Know this and know peace. It will be clearer to you when you get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BettyO11: 4:20pm On Jun 25
abuhusna1:

No family in the UK. Know this and know peace. It will be clearer to you when you get there.

My brother has been staying with my sister and her family for months now. It will be a year by September. Everyone’s family is different. You can’t be so certain.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BettyO11: 4:21pm On Jun 25
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Elolam87(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25
Wow, are you sure that MA visa extension won't cover the dependants , can this be true?

Bourne007:
Unfortunately he will be extending visa under the new study visa conditions which means the bolded is likely. Are dependants visas expiring about the same time he re-sits?

Not just any COS o .. . Wife needs to find a sponsor that will cover not just her but with her dependants.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 7:15pm On Jun 25
The university or the course advisor is in the best position to answer the question regards FLR for the MA and the dependants. It depends on the university. For Oxford brooks FLR please find the attached document.

Elolam87:
Wow, are you sure that MA visa extension won't cover the dependants , can this be true?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ebuka1997: 4:02pm On Jun 26
abuhusna1:

maybe cousins/uncles but a direct sibling is different.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dybaladaddy: 6:07pm On Jun 26
My interview is tomorrow by 9:30am but am yet to receive the link to join on Microsoft Teams . Any input?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dybaladaddy: 6:08pm On Jun 26
Chimama1:
Visa alert

Biometrics-24 may
Empty Nsf mail -28 may
Interview invite email- 30 may
Interview date- 20 June
Brp email- 23 June
Tracker still showing with DmC and no collection email yet.
2 refusal. 1 Canada student visa, 1 UK visiting visa.
I think most people with long study gap like me with close to 10years might get NSF mail.
Thank you everyone more blessings to you all.

When did you receive the link to join the interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PrimeXpert01: 7:37am On Jun 27
Dybaladaddy:
My interview is tomorrow by 9:30am but am yet to receive the link to join on Microsoft Teams . Any input?

The link should be underneath the Interview invite email you received. Kindly scroll down to confirm.

Meanwhile I was scheduled for Tuesday this week but I joined and no one joined as well, I waited for about over 2hours and nothing still. Does anybody know how soon a reschedule can happen, I already mailed them but I only got an automated response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mercy87(f): 8:20am On Jun 27
Good morning, everyone. Is there anyone who studied PGCE further education?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by emylawz: 8:52am On Jun 27
mercy87:
Good morning, everyone. Please, is there anyone who studied PGCE further education?

I am also going for PGCE by Sept. What subject are you training to teach.?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dybaladaddy: 8:54am On Jun 27
PrimeXpert01:

The link should be underneath the Interview invite email you received. Kindly scroll down to confirm.

Meanwhile I was scheduled for Tuesday this week but I joined and no one joined as well, I waited for about over 2hours and nothing still. Does anybody know how soon a reschedule can happen, I already mailed them but I only got an automated response.
Maybe call them to escalate.
I have seen the link.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ShyShyBobo: 8:58am On Jun 27
PrimeXpert01:

You’ll be contacted again to reschedule, however you should call them for FASTER response.

When was your BIO? Which TLS? Did you get NSF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by joagboola: 10:37am On Jun 27
chigoldus:

Yes there is a group on telegram.

Kindly share link please... i am a pospective Student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PrimeXpert01: 11:17am On Jun 27
ShyShyBobo:

You’ll be contacted again to reschedule, however you should call them for FASTER response.

When was your BIO? Which TLS? Did you get NSF?

My bio (VI) was June 11, got an empty NSF the next day.
Was scheduled for an interview 25th of this month. I already made a paid call but I was told to wait till Friday and call again If they’ve not rescheduled .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PrimeXpert01: 11:18am On Jun 27
Dybaladaddy:

Maybe call them to escalate.
I have seen the link.
Thanks

How did the interview go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (308) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.