Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,649 members, 7,889,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (340918 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by schweinsteiger: 3:40am
Teekayoh1:

I did not submit the refusal letter, I just explained why I was rejected.
How did you phrase it pls, make we dey learn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by bemagnify: 5:54am
ShyShyBobo:

Sorry! How long did the Administrative Review take? I know it was refused.

For the refunds, it should be within 28 days.

Administrative Review took almost a year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 6:54am
ShyShyBobo:

3 weeks is a lot. Have you been following up? Email? Phone Calls (though expensive sha)

Do you have more funds in your POF to cover the difference? If not, Just pay more tuition and PLEASE GET AN UPDATED CAS (to reflect the amount).

Someone who made additional payment, and uploaded the receipt among supporting document just got denied as the caseworker overlooked the receipt.

They didn't send the applicant a review before issuing her CAS? they usually put amounts paid to date in a review email to confirm if the applicants details are correct or not before issuing the CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by oselokak: 7:16am
schweinsteiger:

For me it was something like this. I was refused under section 214(b) that I didn’t have sufficient tires

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimdark12: 7:19am
It's gone up again.

If you already have a bank statement where you met the 28-day threshold, can you wait for the rate to go down before submitting your visa application?

Would that bank statement still be valid to use?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 9:21am
Grimdark12:
It's gone up again.

If you already have a bank statement where you met the 28-day threshold, can you wait for the rate to go down before submitting your visa application?

Would that bank statement still be valid to use?

@ 2073/£, Does the rate still meet up with your financial requirement as at today ??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Demoinc(m): 9:29am
Hello house, please I need clarification. Which oanda exchange rate does Ukvi use, is it the rate on the date of visa application or the one on the date of biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimdark12: 9:47am
Teamfrosh1201:

@ 2073/£, Does the rate still meet up with your financial requirement as at today ??

Yes, it does. It needs to be 2083 for it to fall below my requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimdark12: 9:48am
Demoinc:
Hello house, please I need clarification. Abeg, which oanda exchange rate embassy dey use, is it the rate on the date of visa application or the one on the date of biometrics?

I've been told is the date you submit your Visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by spicyuzo(m): 11:44am
Deering1008:
Hi Gurus in the house, my sister is applying to the uk to join her partner who is a student. Few days after biometrics, she got a mail that her application is not straightforward and needed to upload a send a few more documents to support the visa application. She sent a letter from her bank showing that her partner was a signatory to her account and also sent rent receipt, seperate bank statements of both of them showing same address and receipt of tv bought in both their names. Today she got a mail that she has been scheduled for a zoom meeting with the home office as they are trying to conclude her application. Has anyone had this experience and what are the likely questions they might ask? Pls help🙏

Hi,
Can you please confirm which documents your sister submitted on application before biometrics? Can it be that she skipped some documents which then led to send the email for additional documents ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by schweinsteiger: 12:59pm
oselokak:

For me it was something like this. I was refused under section 214(b) that I didn’t have sufficient tires

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by schweinsteiger: 1:01pm
Demoinc:
Hello house, please I need clarification. Which oanda exchange rate does Ukvi use, is it the rate on the date of visa application or the one on the date of biometrics?

Here's how's calculated, the lowest amount on your account statement on the day you submitted.

That's what I'm kinda phasing, because the school won't issue CAS because of exchange rate going up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teekayoh1: 1:01pm
schweinsteiger:

"An application for a study visa was refused due to insufficient documents submitted in support of my application" Depends on your situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimdark12: 1:10pm
schweinsteiger:

Here's how's calculated, the lowest amount on your account statement on the day you submitted.

That's what I'm kinda phasing, because the school won't issue CAS because of exchange rate going up.

The school told you this directly?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 2:11pm
Grimdark12:

Yes, it does. It needs to be 2083 for it to fall below my requirements.

Best thing is to print it when you are ready to apply for visa to avoid story that touch. Because even if you print before you are ready to apply for visa, you will need to leave the money in the account incase the ukvi wants to confirm from the bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimdark12: 2:16pm
Teamfrosh1201:

Best thing is to print it when you are ready to apply for visa to avoid story that touch. Because even if you print before you are ready to apply for visa, you will need to leave the money in the account incase the ukvi wants to confirm from the bank.

Yeah, I plan on leaving it there until after I get a visa decision. But there's no way I can guarantee the exchange rate won't mess things up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 2:43pm
Grimdark12:

Yeah, I plan on leaving it there until after I get a visa decision. But there's no way I can guarantee the exchange rate won't mess things up.

We are all on this table right now. Let’s just be hopeful that the rate will not increase more than this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by schweinsteiger: 2:57pm
Grimdark12:

The school told you this directly?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 3:51pm
schweinsteiger:

Yes

So does this mean if the rate goes beyond what you need, they won’t issue CAS until you submit another bank statement of 28days that meets up with the required amount ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by royal13799: 5:48pm
[quote author=alongetayo post=128000501][/quote]Hello house, is it advisable to withdraw the POF from the account before the visa decision is made?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by D990: 6:25pm
royal13799:
Hello house, is it advisable to withdraw the POF from the account before the visa decision is made?

Don’t try it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 6:51pm
royal13799:
Hello house, is it advisable to withdraw the POF from the account before the visa decision is made?

No it’s not. The ukvi might call the bank to confirm if the money is in the account. So just leave the money there until the visa is out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by schweinsteiger: 7:22pm
Teamfrosh1201:

So does this mean if the rate goes beyond what you need, they won’t issue CAS until you submit another bank statement of 28days that meets up with the required amount ?

Yes, or pay the school some amount to balance up so it can reflect on CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teamfrosh1201: 8:03pm
schweinsteiger:

Yes, or pay the school some amount to balance up so it can reflect on CAS

Omo, nawa

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: Peniel13(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.