Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

God Set Adam Free By The Commandment, Gifts And Free-will - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Set Adam Free By The Commandment, Gifts And Free-will (92 Views)

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. / This Is The Commandment For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Set Adam Free By The Commandment, Gifts And Free-will by PCHC(m): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2023
GENESIS 2:16

[NKJV]
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;

[BSB]
And the Lord God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden,

Please understand that the communication of God to man in this Bible verse above was these three and more:

*1* Commandment of God to man,

*2* Gifting or feeding the man,

*3* Setting the man free or licensing the man.

More importantly, the man was gifted by the Commandment of God to "eat freely" of what he dressed and kept in the Garden. Being partaker of the fruits was not to destroy nor waste the fruits, but to unite the fruits with their keepers/lovers who have labored for them. This Commandment was only meant for or valid only in the Garden and not applicable without the Garden/temple.

We saw the gifts of God earlier came to mankind as "Blessings" and we are here seeing the gifts of God come to mankind as "Commandment of God." It's not just by blessing mankind that God gave gifts to men, but also by commanding or instructing mankind God endowed gifts to men. Therefore, there are gifts of God expressed as and in the Commandments of God to men.

Not only was the Commandment of God "gifting the man" in the Bible verse above, but the Commandment of God was also "Setting free the man." Please do not ask whether the man was in bondage before to have needed to be set free, like the Jews asked the Lord Jesus Christ why He said that they who were Abraham's descendants and we're never in bondage of any man needed to be set free (John 8:32-36).

Setting free someone is not just about resolving bondages among men, but about being free from sin or about no involvement of sin or offenses in any matter. Bondage/slavery considered was not just the past and present, but also futuristic bondage/slavery. If there will be sin in my doing that thing, it means I am not free to do that thing: It doesn't necessarily mean I am in bondage already though I am yet to do that thing, but means I will be in bondage in future when I do it because there will be sin in my act of doing that thing. Therefore, the first opposite of being a "Sinner" was being a "Free Being," not even being "Righteous Being." No one was talking about Adam being righteous, but for him to be free.

Freedom or Liberty of the Spirit of God in the Lord Jesus Christ is way more broader than Righteousness. Righteousness is about selecting the right choices only or doing the right things only, and "Right things" means "Chosen things." But freedom is about doing all things not caring whether they are right (chosen) or not, but only caring there's no sin or bondage in them. If God was seeking righteousness in the first Adam, God would have specified His Will or Choices of the trees for Adam to eat just the Will of God (Righteousness). You saw how it was for the second Adam, Jesus Christ, who was bound to choose only the Will of God the Father for Him and not His own will as Son of man - that was Man locked up to doing Righteousness. But the first Adam was having his own freewill or will to do aside the Will of God, because he was called to be free, not called to be righteous. He was called to keep God's Commandment, but not necessarily to keep God's Will.

Don't worry, the Second Adam was Himself God, and His doing the Will was He's doing His own Will basically: the Will of God is His.

(1) (Reply)

Even A Novice Can Learn This Act And Get In The League Of Big Players / Living Under The Holy Spirit Leading And Not Lead Others Astray / Are You Being Led Or Being Driven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.