Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking (639 Views)

Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / My Engine Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking by Danfederal: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
Dear experts and great mechanics in the house, I've seen lots of ads online about cars where the description says "engine smoking"

Out of curiosity, and the urge to always learn more and new things, I love to ask these few questions

1. "engine smoking" What does it mean.? Cause of it?
2. What's the solution, replayment or some sort of work in it?

I only created this thread for educational purpose, your Candid response might be helpful to someone. Thanks

cc
Tpound
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Re: What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking by TPound(m): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
Danfederal:
Dear experts and great mechanics in the house, I've seen lots of ads online about cars where the description says "engine smoking"

Out of curiosity, and the urge to always learn more and new things, I love to ask these few questions

1. "engine smoking" What does it mean.? Cause of it?
2. What's the solution, replayment or some sort of work in it?

I only created this thread for educational purpose, your Candid response might be helpful to someone. Thanks

cc
Tpound
Gazzuzz
Nurey

Depends on the kind of smoke...
Black,white or blue...
That will determine if the engine can be saved or overhauled

1 Like

Re: What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking by nurey(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
Engine smoking is fluid getting to the wrong area. This is due to wear and tear. Remember also that using of wrong fluid will speed up wear and tear.

Solution is to overhaul the engine that depends on what the issue is like
1. Coolant getting into combustion chamber
2. Oil getting into combustion chamber
3. Over dumping of petrol which causes carbon monoxide (extremely black fumes)

2 Likes

Re: What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking by fullnetwork: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
Interesting topic.
Re: What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking by Angrygoat: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
Early morning ..cold start...... white For few secs....

Night like 9pm.....let your lot be dark or compound. Start engine, bring put torch go to boot side,check under muffler ..point torch facing side. What colour ca you see. Do you see blue,white or black...

When you fire down or less speed.naso so blue smoke dey cough from your exhaust. Your engine is burning mad oil and Smoking....
Black smoke and misfire........as you fire down.. your muffler coughs black smoke..its burning fuel like crazy....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Argue With Toyota/lexus People? I Have Learn To Ignore Such People. / Code.pls Help / Why So Many Road Bumbs On Federal/state Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.