Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,277 members, 7,916,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:00 PM

NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper (32006 Views)

I Just Finished NYSC, My Mom Is So Proud Of Me / After NYSC My Life Got Ruined...click To Know The True Story / NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by zoedew: 7:06am On Jul 19, 2023
Curtisaxel10:
You talked about hatred projected during the last elections but let me kindly remind you that no single Yoruba was harmed, beaten, or harassed in any way here in the Southeast despite the horrible treatment our people recieved in Lagos. We are a peaceful people.

You are welcome to my lovely state. I assure you, you have nothing to fear. Feel free and enjoy yourself. We have many Yorubas living and working in peace here without being harassed by thugs or asked to return to their state of origin. I'm sure you must have met some of them.

If your PPA is in the state capital, I would be honored to host you in my humble abode sometime. Nnooo nwannem. You are welcome.
The horrible treatment you talk about is self inflicted. That is what you get when you tell your host his land is “no man’s land”! Say that in Igboland where the landmass is small and population density high and you risk a machete cut on your neck! The Yoruba won’t do that In Igboland and reason they enjoy the traditional Igbo hospitality.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by BluntCrazeMan: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2023
Diligent1:

So, you did not see their comments about Tinubu, yoruba people and what they say about Lagos State calling it a no man`s land.
Yorubas said that the Igbos said that Lagos is a No Man's Land.

And now, everybody is echoing the hearsay.
Even though it makes no sense..

Now, let's face the reality of that particular nonsense-talk..

You that is commenting this now,, I need you to explain yourself..

What exactly is a “No man's land”.?
(Because, the Igbos you guys are accusing don't even know what that phrase means.. You guys coined it by yourselves)

How do people in the “No man's land” behave?

What exactly is it that the Igbos in Lagos are doing for it to be that they are actually living it out in their lives and portraying the fact that “Lagos is a No man's land”.??

HOW MANY IGBO PEOPLE HAVE INVOLVED THEMSELVES IN THE LAND-SHARING NEGOTIATIONS FOR LAGOS?
HOW MANY IGBOS HAVE OPTED TO BECOME TRADITIONAL OR POLITICAL LEADERS IN LAGOS, AND STARTED DRAGGING SUCH POSITIONS WITH THE LOCALS??

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by BluntCrazeMan: 7:20am On Jul 19, 2023
zoedew:

The horrible treatment you talk about is self inflicted. That is what you get when you tell your host his land is “no man’s land”! Say that in Igboland where the landmass is small and population density high and you risk a machete cut on your neck! The Yoruba won’t do that In Igboland and reason they enjoy the traditional Igbo hospitality.
And you think the Igbos are not enjoying the hospitality in Other places.??

You can only give what you have.
Igbos have enormous hospitality in them.
That's why they go to other lands and still use their good nature to buy lands and live among them, and even develop hospitality business..
The other people that have hostility in them, they cannot go anywhere outside their homes, because the hostility in them wouldn't let them dwell well with other people.

They have abundance of hostility in them, and they think everybody is like them.
And that's all that they give.
That's why they feel so shocked and surprised when they get “a little bit hospitality” from unexpected people,, just because they themselves cannot just show hospitality to total strangers and expect zero reward in return.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Sharpsharp00123: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
What's this one saying??

Is it not a shame that some criminals and heartless-killers remained “Unknown” for two good years,, and we have security.??
And you're here making jokes with it??
shame no even dey catch u igbos

U fed a beast n we warned u about it but u were bragging then n now the beast is swallowing u n u are asking where is d government

Where was your brain when people were warning u?
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by BluntCrazeMan: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
shame no even dey catch u igbos

U fed a beast n we warned u about it but u were bragging then n now the beast is swallowing u n u are asking where is d government

Where was your brain when people were warning u?
You're blaahhbbing

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by cassyrooy(m): 9:54am On Jul 19, 2023
Promicah:
I feel overwhelmed by what just happened.

A little background information: I lived and studied in Ogun precisely before my called-up letter came. I saw Abia in my call-up letter and the next thought that crowded my mind was the hatred projected during the just concluded election.

Since I had no connection, I chose my fate and had to skip my reporting date to camp. After losing every hope of redeployment, I decided to follow the next batch.

Our driver stopped in Lokoja and we rested before we continue the next day to Abia.

I had to make a plan that when I have money, I will buy their native wear to disguise myself. Immediately I stopped at the Abia park, I entered the next bus to the orientation camp.

After our three weeks in camp, I reported to my PPA.

Yesterday, I wanted to get a recharge card from a kiosk beside the road and I met an Igbo man. He looked at me and immediately fear gripped me.

He asked me whether I was new in the area, I wanted to lie and say "no". But my mouth betrayed me.

He smiled and bought the item in the attached picture below.

What happened to us? I had to repent. Truly Nigerians are loving people. I couldn't contain my joy.

This is my first time in the southeast and just this singular act from yesterday has changed a lot about how I see Nigerians.

I know there are a lot of agitations but yesterday a Nigerian showed kindness to a Nigerian. It's officially my 1 month and 15 days in Abia.

Sir Nlfpm.od. This is my latest experience.
I beg you in the name of God to avoid sexual relationships with the girls.

No one will hurt you for it but don't impregnate any before you leave. You know that you won't marry her outrightly, don't impregnate her or initiate her into immoral lifestyle.

Enjoy your stay in the SE, and follow their local guidelines and you'll return with testimonies to your family wherever they are.

God bless you for speaking good of the Igboman to millions of unexposed bigots.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by cassyrooy(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2023
Emperormartin:
Some of your fellow Yorubas won't like it that you're changing your mentality towards the east.

They want every Nigerian to remain in perpetual hate for the Igbos.
He has automatically turned to Omo Ibo to them laidis o.

Bunch of unexposed dimwits

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by MTNnews: 11:01am On Jul 19, 2023
Can you see that your father is a foolish soul n you inherited foolishness from the bastard.

So a fool like you will know know if you grandmother is Igbo ? Did he not with his mouth declared that he is not Igbo ?

If you are not Igbo does not not imply you do not have any iota of Igbo blood in you or why is your foolish soul lamenting more than the bereaved ?

VULCAN:
You are sounding deranged!

What has his desire to marry an Igbo woman got to do with your curse?

How is he supposed to know if he has a drop of igbo blood in him. So if his great great grandmother was an Igbo then he will be cursed.

You must be sick

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by MTNnews: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2023
You can't wish me what I wish you except I lied that I am not Igbo when I am Igbo. You know very well you will be burning in hell for this reason why you are lamenting because I also blessed you if you were not lying but deep down you know all liars shall perish in hellfire.

INVINCIBLECSP1:

How some people think sef. What nonsense are you talking about. I wish you what you wish me.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Rotentik19: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Curtisaxel10:
You talked about hatred projected during the last elections but let me kindly remind you that no single Yoruba was harmed, beaten, or harassed in any way here in the Southeast despite the horrible treatment our people recieved in Lagos. We are a peaceful people.

You are welcome to my lovely state. I assure you, you have nothing to fear. Feel free and enjoy yourself. We have many Yorubas living and working in peace here without being harassed by thugs or asked to return to their state of origin. I'm sure you must have met some of them.

If your PPA is in the state capital, I would be honored to host you in my humble abode sometime. Nnooo nwannem. You are welcome.
My friend you're not being honest @ all & you know it. Your hypocrisy is apparent and annoying too. Yoruba people are not known to cause trouble or malign their hosts. That's why they don't have problems wherever they go. Contrary to what uninformed folks like you think, Yoruba travel too. Go to any part of Nigeria; east, south, north they're there, albeit in small population. Pursuing their respective endeavors, without being rude or claiming "no-man's-land" or the "they're jealous of us & don't want us to progress" or "we are the best tribe in Nigeria, all other tribes in Nigeria are trash(especially Yoruba)" or "if we leave Nigeria, all of you will suffer and die"...bla... bla... Whatever thugs or agberos or the govt is doing wrong in Lagos, everyone, irrespective of tribe suffers from it. Ibos are not the only tribe in Lagos. The alaba market demolition is an example. Some Yoruba traders were affected as well. During the last election, some non-igbos were intimidated in the east also. There are agberos or motor park touts in the east too, but they make it look like a Yoruba thing. If you guys have federal power, I bet you'll just destroy everybody at once. If you're welcome and accepted in a place, you say it's because they are backward & they need you to develop. When you're rebuked for your excesses, you start crying "hatred for igbo" etc. If you behave well in Yoruba land(and even other parts of Nigeria) you'll have no problems. All over the world, people understand that welcoming visitors is integral to social/ economic growth(America understands this principle) it is only the Easterners in Nigeria that don't understand this principle. Anywhere you live and make your money, marry & birth your children, even if it is a village, it is a fertile ground and should not be desecrated. If the igbo don't change their mentality/attitude to others, they'll continue to have issues. Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Basic123: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Scamburster:

Basic 123, stop whining us😁

I love yorubas too, but twice encounter I had with my Yoruba visa agent, who scammed me about four years ago and scammed my family on my brother's visa this year that runs in millions of naira , coupled with this nairaland tribal comments here changed my perspective about Yorubas, though I have Yoruba customers which I have been doing business for past years without issues.

My perspective about Igbo has not changed.
Individually they are good people, collectively,they are narcissists
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
enemyofprogress:
In every tribe, we have the good, the bad and the ugly. Pray not to meet the last two.

Op please make us proud out there in Igbo, help fok there girls very well and buraciously for them to always remember our tribe
Agreed.
Re: NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper by Gentew(m): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
JealousCobra:

See Dem haters na Dem grin

I don't need to hate you people, you guys are already doing that to yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Acid Burns Survivor, Chizzy Frances Completes NYSC (photos) / Two Kogi Corpers Die (Photos) / Kennedy Kenechukwu, Borno Corper Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.