Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,835 members, 7,959,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

How To Protect You Child From Sexual Predators - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Protect You Child From Sexual Predators (200 Views)

When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / Beware Some Househelps Are Sexual Predators / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect You Child From Sexual Predators by LolieWrites(f): 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
There was this one time, my brother-in-law almost beat a young man up on their street, why?

Guy was chiking his daughter, she was 13 years old at the time. Very beautiful girl.
And this guy I think was probably around 20.
He was always going to welley her on her way to or from errands, oga had started saying, "Mimi I can take care of you o".

She had been ignoring him, thinking he would stop, but this guy became bolder and grabbed her hand on her way home that day.

My brother-in-law was frantic, he thought of enrolling her in a self-defense class. But my sister talked him out of it, after all, violence solves nothing.

Hmm (exhales) not an easy ordeal at all. But one way I think parents can help their kids to be wary of sexual predators is, to educate them way ahead of time.

You see when the boy grabbed her hand, my niece screamed at him, and he left her in shock. She immediately went home and told her parents.

Which led to the events in the opening paragraph. Her parents sprung into action and immediately scared the wits out of the boy.

Their child felt safe and was reassured of her Parent's protection, anytime, every time.

These girls have been helped to know what to say or do and never to tolerate snide or flirty remarks.

So what to do: Arm your children with vital information through communication. Converse with them freely, so that they are always willing to talk to you about anything.

When they feel threatened, or even feel tempted. (any of this can lead to sexual abuse)
They will always come to you first.

Tell your child who a sexual predator is.

What a sexual predator could do.

Who a sexual predator can be.

How a sexual predator acts.

What a sexual predator says

But most importantly, how they (your child) should react and do immediately if they sense or see any of these signs.

Always make them feel assured of your support.

Loliewrites

#parenting #sexualawareness #childcare

1 Like

Re: How To Protect You Child From Sexual Predators by anngeorge018(f): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
HI,
Nice information, Protecting your child from sexual predators is of utmost importance. Here are some key steps to consider. First, establish open communication with your child, fostering an environment where they feel comfortable discussing any concerns. Teach them about personal boundaries and the importance of saying "no" when they feel uncomfortable. Educate them about body autonomy and appropriate versus inappropriate touch. Screen potential caregivers, babysitters, and teachers diligently. Monitor your child's online activities and educate them about internet safety. Finally, trust your instincts and be vigilant for any signs of potential abuse. Remember, prevention and open dialogue are crucial in safeguarding your child's well-being.

(1) (Reply)

How 4-day-old Baby Survived Gen Smoke That Killed Parents, Siblings, Grandma / How To Get Monetary Gifts From Rich And Kind People / Different Types Of Dreams And Visions In The Bible ( Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.