Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,831 members, 7,930,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:29 AM

A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? (293 Views)

Help Guys , A Thief Outsmarted Me And Ran Away With My Tecno Spark 7 / Man Who Snatched Keke In Umuahia And Ran To Ohafia Caught By Youths (Photos) / Husband Bathed Wife And Children With Acid In Katsina And Ran Away (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by Demaxl(m): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Make una come hear this gist.

So on Thursday my cousin came to beg me for 260k saying it was very urgent for the business she is running. She promised she would return it the next day. Of course I asked her questions about it because I cant just give that money to anybody but I decided to trust her because she was a family member.

A few days later I found out that she lied and deceived me. The money she collected from me that was supposed to be for the business she supposedly runs fell into the hands of a scammer. She lied and borrowed money from me and fell for a telegram crypto scam.

She even had the audacity to come to me to ask for another 560k saying if she pays that amount she will get the existing 260k, I told her that in the next 24 hours she must return my 260k. Only for her to disappear the next day, She ran away from the house leaving all her belongings, She blocked all the family members numbers and no one know her whereabouts.

What do you suggest I do this case because as of now I dont mind if she spends the rest of her life in prison. Should I go to file a police complaint?
Re: A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by taylor89(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
undecided
Re: A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
yes na that is stealing
Re: A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by Wawelexy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
She left her business and ran too?
Re: A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by talented321: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
I no dey borrow who i can't fight money again, i can only assist u what i can because he no dey end well..
I can remember when my friend carry my 150k and run away, when l later see am sef i no fit do am anything.
Re: A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by donbachi(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
With the level of hardship in Nigeria.... people should pray God to avert any form of emergency situation.

1 Like

Re: A Family Member Borrowed Money From Me And Ran Away. Is It A Criminal Offence? by Demaxl(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Wawelexy:
She left her business and ran too?

It turns out she lied about the business and she was never really doing it before

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wickedness And Evil Really Exist - A Must Watch For All / V / Asari Dokubo Storm Abuja With His Boys Again Nigerian Labour Congress NLC Protes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.