Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,787 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

Things I Found Out About Sweden! - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things I Found Out About Sweden! (87104 Views)

Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Do You Know Anything About Sweden Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taxes are high in Sweden....... 25 - 30% of your salary belongs to the State in form of taxes but do you know what this would get you?

* Child benefits. If you are a tax payer and have children, schooling for them is FREE. Like world class schooling is free and they also get paid too in form of child benefits so you give the children good, quality standard of living! Believe me, NORDIC countries are like paradise.

* Pension: You get pension too when you stop working. Hey its not like a capitalist system where if the Pension manager folds up your pension is gone, like that of Nigeria, here the govt pays you!

* Unemployment benefits: Once you loose your job, the state would be paying you unemployment benefits of up to 80% what your job was paying you. This is why most people after loosing their jobs due to cuts, dont like working again. Every month you just get your alert.

I tell you, once you are a tax payer, you are free from certain shits.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
While i sympathize with you about the Nigerian situation, i am afraid what you requested for amounts to what the law calls *TRAFFICKING* We are a law abiding LLC, we dont break the law so people can get better life. Even if we have the means or capacity to do it, i am afraid we won't do it.
What we can do for you is proper consultation for best possible chance of getting a job and eventual entry to Sweden via legit means.
Thanks

winner37:

Pls help me I really want to move out of the Nigeria what ever you spent I will return it to you ...my international passport only one month since I did it recently..
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by winner37(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2023
[quote author=CalmTravels post=124861518]While i sympathize with you about the Nigerian situation, i am afraid what you requested for amounts to what the law calls *TRAFFICKING* We are a law abiding LLC, we dont break the law so people can get better life. Even if we have the means or capacity to do it, i am afraid we won't do it.
What we can do for you is proper consultation for best possible chance of getting a job and eventual entry to Sweden via legit means.
Thanks

[/quote

Is okay
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
There is something i noticed.

Africa is the only Continent that does not organize a tour for its citizens in the West. Group Tours for the young, elderly or retirees.
Sometime i go round the city center watching tourist etc. Some of these tourist are poor by most standards. You can see it in their behavior, in their dress mode or how beaten they look, but i admire their spirit especially the Asians.

So what happens to Africa countries? There are lots of things Africa must get rid off. Meaningless accumulation of wealth, trapped in Swiss accounts, wont allow them reason like proper humans. Another example is buying too many luxurious items that are usually not needed such as cars....Spend more on quality of living and lifestyles.. These are things that makes other race to rate us low, primitive, backward etc.

You dont have to be rich to go on vacations. Most European friends i know are not "rich" as we know "rich" in the African context.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2023
Give it to the Europeans for innovation. An effective, and inexpensive way of delivering mail within Stockholm. Efficiency is what costs here......

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 5:02am On Aug 07, 2023
Other Countries are waking up to the harsh realities of a possible Govt sponored education scam in the UK. This is how the Indian Epress puts it:

'We are sorry to inform you…’: Indian students in UK struggle to find jobs after spending lakhs on ‘rip-off’ degrees

While studying in the UK is a dream for many Indian students, is the money spent on it worth it, when it comes to future of employability options in the country? Students and experts share their experiences

UK rip off degree story

"The UK is home to some of the best universities in the world and studying for a degree can be immensely rewarding. But too many young people are being sold a false dream and end up doing a poor-quality course at the taxpayers," said PM Rishi Sunak recently. (Graphics by Angshuman Maity)
While studying in the UK is a dream for many Indian students, is the money spent on it worth it, when it comes to future of employability options in the country? Students and experts share their experiences
‘”My routine was simple, monotonous and anxiety-driven. I would wake up in the morning, clean, get ready for my part-time job and then have my breakfast… while scrolling through LinkedIn for some full-time job opportunities. While I would get busy in my part-time job during the day, my lunch breaks were filled with some more job hunting. After coming home, I used to cook for the evening and the next morning, and do my remaining chores. And guess what the rest of my evening and night was about… applying for full-time jobs that I spotted during my LinkedIn scrolling,” Nisha Arora* says while remembering her last three months in the United Kingdom.

Nisha (name changed) graduated from the UK in 2019 after pursuing a master’s degree in English Literature. While studying and settling down in the UK was her dream, finding a job in British land has become a nightmare. “I used to joke about how job finding in the UK will give me stress for life,” she laughs.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Things you come across in Europe every now & then....

I had this brief interaction with a German tourist. I needed a small favor from him. It was swiftly granted. Hear what he asked me afterwards. "How did you get to Sweden? I was speechless, like what the Bleep does this little nazi mean? Well, it was a question so i replied him. HHAHAHAHAHHA. I told him i disappeared from Africa and appeared in Stockholm, you know we have voodoo in Africa, so you dont need to book plane tickets, if you will i can show you how it works. Little prick!!!! He thinks every African must come through the Mediterranean sea and be begging for papers. He quickly saw i was fooling him. So i told him i flew down here.

The man could not understand how a black African like me could be doing so damn well and having all these connections, like i must be a politician back home. I begrudge him not, he is probably so used to poor Africans in pitiable conditions, not this proud, well to do guy from Nigeria or Rwanda.

So, here is it. There are poor people every where including here in Stockholm. But bad media has make it look like Africans are so damn poor, that even poor Europeans call Africans poor, and the other way round, media has made it look like every European is rich. Don't fall hands please. Even of begging begging. Man up and run some hustle. I see lots of our brothers coming from other countries, all doing menial jobs? If you settle for menial jobs for short and long run in Europe you are a finished. However, while you focus on makeshift jobs, set up a Business that crosses continents. That is how all big businesses started. Two or three of you can set up an LLC and run deals. This is why, even though the Arabs are looked one kind due to terrorist scare, they still give them papers. But our black brothers once they come here na to dey speak & mimic everything about them. Our girls na im worse pass. Go check their body, them don use tattoo finish everywhere.

So going forward,
You must have a hustle, a skill and an income. Dont be a liability to any European country because it will make them close their liberal doors to others. If you are a pepper or tomatoes seller before coming here, formalize your business by means of registration and pay tax on it. Upgrade and build a site. Chest it & bear it for some time. it will open doors for you and others.

I have this Iraqi friend who sells this middle east fruits. I love eating it every day in the evening. I love the way the uncle came to Sweden, get their paper, go back to Iraqi and bring others. Now all the employees are Iraqis and their fruit business is doing ok. But Africans, even if you give them papers they will just focus on taking benefits from the state. Later they get stuck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by owagbeba: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2023
CalmTravels

Hi. Are there popular websites in Sweden to search for rental apartments in Halmstad?

Is Airbnb a better option for cheap rental?
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by owagbeba: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2023
CalmTravels

Are you into export business from that end?
What’s the transit time to Apapa?
Average freight cost for FCL?

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2023
No we are not into Export business.

owagbeba:
CalmTravels

Are you into export business from that end?
What’s the transit time to Apapa?
Average freight cost for FCL?

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by owagbeba: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2023
CalmTravels:

Hope you don’t mind if I ask a few questions about Halmstad?
Is it a commercial city or one of those sleepy places?

Any idea of rental cost for a small apartment in Halmstad? Studio apartment .
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
I dont mind. You can drop all your questions here

owagbeba:

Hope you don’t mind if I ask a few questions about Halmstad?
Is it a commercial city or one of those sleepy places?

Any idea of rental cost for a small apartment in Halmstad? Studio apartment .

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
Rentals in Halmstad costs anyhere from 6000 SEK to 9000 SEK pm. This depends when, who and condition of the property.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
Are you in Sweden, we can hang out something you know if it sounds good to you. I am in Stockholm
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by phenzy(m): 12:08am On Aug 09, 2023
pansophist:

For Nigerians, it is English before every other thing. Even in Ecowas, Ivory Coast is far better than Ghana, but they decide to kill themselves with Ghana.

In the west, Canada is the shittiest of the options, and even worse, the UK. Canada is one giant hellish freezer, and for many Nigerians, their only achievement is the ayam-living-in-Canada slogan.

Imagine British students paying up to 10k pounds a year to study for a degree, meanwhile, those in Sweden are paid to study, all for free. In fact the more unfortunate you are, the more money you get.

I know a physically challenged guy that comes to school with a wheelchair, I swear this guy is richer than us that have jobs and has legs. Due to his lack of immobility, there are privileges he could access that we cant.

This mofo got his house paid for, and his apartment is a special kind of apartment with live camera monitoring everywhere and a speed dial for doctors to show up immediately if he needs help.

He has a dedicated cook and receives free money monthly. He was studying computer engineering, and a lot of his study equipment, and expensive devices were all free for him.

Mehn, I begin looking at my leg one faithful day and asked myself seriously? Should I just break this thing and start coming to class in a wheelchair? grin

So imagine, if a society can treat the weakest amongst them in such a graceful way, that goes to show how awesome such a place is.

Right now, about 25% (that's one in four) of British citizens are below the poverty line, getting food from food banks, and the UK govt keeps cutting down social support.

This can never happen in the Nordic. You see Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Denmark. Those countries as far as the West is concerned are utopias.

If learning a language is not your problem, I don't see whey a person will choose Canada or UK over the Nordic countries. Are you normal?

Seems you have a problem with the UK
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by pansophist(m): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2023
phenzy:

Seems you have a problem with comprehension

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by phenzy(m): 3:32am On Aug 09, 2023
pansophist:

Seems you have a problem with comprehension

It’s so obvious you the one having the problem you should calmly read up the nonsense you wrote up there
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by owagbeba: 6:29am On Aug 10, 2023
CalmTravels:
Are you in Sweden, we can hang out something you know if it sounds good to you. I am in Stockholm

End of the month.

Trying to see if I can secure an apartment in Halmstad before I leave Nigeria.

How far is Halmstad from Stockholm?

What are available export opportunities from Sweden to Nigeria?

What are they good at? Any popular appliance brand?

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
For anything, i would rather live in Estonia than UK if i were to make choice. Let me tell you something, UK is supposed to be one of the easy places for English speaking Africans to start up in Europe, but systemic discrimination and tight control of policies wont allow that...

In Nordic Countries, the gap between the "Have" & "Have not" is thin.

phenzy:

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
You can use your google map to fimd distances of anywhere on earth. Apartments are bit stressful though. When you come you can do a feasibility on what you want

owagbeba:

End of the month.

Trying to see if I can secure an apartment in Halmstad before I leave Nigeria.

How far is Halmstad from Stockholm?

What are available export opportunities from Sweden to Nigeria?

What are they good at? Any popular appliance brand?

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by phenzy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
CalmTravels:
For anything, i would rather live in Estonia than UK if i were to make choice. Let me tell you something, UK is supposed to be one of the easy places for English speaking Africans to start up in Europe, but systemic discrimination and tight control of policies wont allow that...

Do you think the citizens(British) derive more benefits than the migrants in such settings?
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by phenzy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
CalmTravels:

Don’t you think the citizens(British) derive more benefits than the migrants in such settings?

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
What does a seasonal worker do?
A seasonal worker is a person who lives in a country outside of the EU/EES and Switzerland, and who is staying temporarily in Sweden to do seasonal work in accordance with an agreement on a fixed-term employment.

Seasonal work is linked to a certain time of the year when higher than normal work efforts are required. In Sweden, seasonal work occurs for example in agriculture, forestry, garden industry, the hotel and restaurant industry, travel industry, tourist and reservation services, operation of ski facilities and golf courses, theme parks and the entertainment industry.

Other rules apply for berry-pickers who are employed by companies that are not established in Sweden.

For those outside the ICT industry, this might be your low hanging fruit!

In line with our promise, we will offer (limited) updates here for everyone.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
As Far Right gradually push themselves up politically, expect more stringent measures against migration from countries outside EU/EEA/Switzerland. This is especially true for good & liberal countries like Nordic countries.
The latest such changes is the increase of minimum pay for employees from outside Europe from $1300 to $2600. While this may sound good in the ears of workers, its no doubt bad news for employers. This will result in a cut down of workers from Africa or elsewhere outside Europe, making them focus workers already inside Schengen.

Good luck as you plan your migration!
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 5:42am On Aug 14, 2023
When you finally land a Work & Residence Permit for any of the Nordic countries, PLEASE understand & keep to the terms by the which the permit was issued. This may be stressful, but do your best to keep to it. This will form part of future evaluation for you. Especially if you gonna need an extension some day!
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Our people should learn about this.

Most Western Countries are not used to why you will apply for something, knowing fully the conditions attached to it, you accepted it and only to start complaining or seeking to change it. Why did i say this? My experience.

People will apply for a certain category of work permit, when they come here, they will start looking for ways, by hook or crook to change it. Sometimes they resort to illegality to do it. They call it "Conditions" for which a permit was issued.

If someone or an organization run something for you, please make sure you meet the conditions. The person or organization is duty bound to periodically send reports to relevant authorities. Failure to do this is a sanction or fines.

Western & Northern Europe is not like Africa where anything goes. Nigerians are mostly fond of this kind of behavior. The Arabs, Somalis, Ethiopians, Indians etc will just accept it and hope for the best later on, but not my brothers from Nigeria especially the Igbos & Yorubas (No offense please, just my candid observation).
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
My experience.
There is no freebie in Europe, you pay for everything you need from a person, company or non social service from the govt. The same can not be said about our brothers from Africa.

This is one of the reason why they loathe & despise Africans a lot here. Some Africans are mostly without shame. They believe they can beg their way through anything, and everything, including what they can comfortably afford. Here in Europe, paying for everything is part & parcel of life. You are not supposed to be insanely rich except off course you are insanely exception in something, otherwise, you should have a roof over your head, basic amenities and food. Nothing has time to beg you for anything. The one they can not afford, they simply tie their throat.
I have seen a lot of very poor, simple and proud Europeans. They always uphold their dignity even if working shitty jobs..... They build their lives around their affordability. But trust us Africans...hahahahhahaha. Kunle went to Ghana, and start speaking i wanna gonna...hahahhahahahha
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
One thing i love about the Nordic countries is that they create opportunities for everyone. Say you are jobless is actually your own making or design. Maybe you are into drugs, mad or just lazy.....

Do you know there are places in Stockholm where if you don't have money for accommodation, you simply volunteer to do some chores at the hostel and you get a bed space for the duration of your visit to Stockholm. You see young white teens running it just for the fun and saving their vacation money for hotel.

And they dont abuse the privilege's

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
If you want Calm Travels to assist you of to our website and apply for Consultancy. You are guaranteed a complete advisory on your migration plans, and also modify your plans in areas where its not feasible.

Most of the simple stuff we do for clients including, once a Case Number has been given you, you must submit an updated CV, passport, email and current WhatsApp number. Our immigration expert will profile the best industry you stand a chance, we will help send your CVs to prospective employers in Nordic Countries for seasonal employment opportunity. If you are the prayer type, oya go and pray they like your face and name. The rest will be simple. The only downside is that employers are mandated by law to publish employment opportunities EU wide so that people already in other part of Schengen can apply as well (for 10 days). This is the opportunity other Africans in Italy, France or Greece are using to come here!

Good luck to yall!
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Much Ado about Nothing!

Narrated by Jane Hutchinson.
Lives in Glumslöv, Sweden.
Is Sweden as expensive as many suggest?
We have recently moved to Sweden from the USA. We expected food prices to be exorbitant having heard this from “the many”. It has not been the case at all. The quality of regular supermarket food is ten times higher than in the USA. Bottom shelf products which are dirt cheap - on par with cheapest food in the US - are of generally very good quality especially when compared with the at times inedible offerings from US supermarkets! Cheese and meat (etc) is a similar price and of much higher quality also. (It is a relief to not have to buy “pasture raised beef” for example and as far as I can tell all eggs are free range here and are no more expensive than caged eggs in the US.)

Coffee is so so so so so so so so much better here also and a latte is typically about the same price as in the USA. Dining out is probably similar in cost generally to the US if you are buying midrange stuff from mid range cafes. I think fast food and low quality restaurants (of which there are fewer here anyway) are more expensive - in part because their employees are paid a decent wage!

Fuel is obviously more expensive than the USA but still far cheaper than Australia and NZ (where I have also spent time and lived respectively). Rents seem to be somewhat higher than in the US as well - especially in main centres and university towns. If you are happy to live in an apartment or a short way out into the country then rent is really not too bad - perhaps $600USD per month for a fairly nice place. We pay around $900USD for a gorgeous furnished one bedroom place with stylish and modern kitchen and underfloor heating and we are 10 minutes from two large towns/small cities.

I have been very pleasantly surprised. We are spending a similar amount on food yet the quality is so much better. I would say that overall our living costs are similar to what they were in the USA. Remembering also that our healthcare and education (as needed) is essentially free and we do not have to pay exorbitant health insurance bills each month. I think the definitive answer to this question lies in how exactly you define it though… I expect travelling as a tourist may be quite different to he experience of someone living here.

*As a point of reference we live in the South of Sweden outside of Malmö so cannot necessarily speak for the whole country. I was born and raised in NZ (pretty expensive for most things!) have travelled a fair amount on most continents and of late have been living in the USA the past few years.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
Accommodation is more expensive in Rwanda than in Sweden............... My experience!
Food prices is comparable and better quality than in Rwanda.

Infact, the prices of items here are more cheaper, and off better quality than most western countries. The reason is because Nordic countries practices a weird mix of capitalism & socialism. Something countries like USA & UK can not understand except Trump! France is a bit comparable but got drown with religious immigrants. Something the Swedes are dealing with the Vikings way..... asking & allowing anyone to burn any holy book they want. If you dont like it, move your religious ass to Mecca, Dubai, Oman or Iraq.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by ZINNYBANKS: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
Calmtravels some of us don't have problem in Africa,the country we are living in made it look like we are fighting serious battle.
There's a difference between a poor person in Sweden and a poor person in Nigeria. Nice adventure brother...👍

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020 / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.