Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,184 members, 7,977,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:48 AM

Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe (775 Views)

PidomNigeria: Police Declare Journalist David Hundeyin Wanted / Nigeria Police Confirms Arrest Of A Popular Investigative Journalist, PIDOM / Breaking: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by renderme: 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
David Hundeyin, a Nigerian independent journalist, has been detained in Harare Airport, Zimbabwe.

Mr Hundeyin raised the alarm over his detention at the airport in a series of tweets on Wednesday night.

“I landed in Zimbabwe earlier today, and I have been detained at Harare Airport inside a smelly locked room for nearly 7 hours,” he said. “They said that despite using the travel document of a country with a visa-free relationship, my nationality is still Nigerian, and thus, I need a visa.”

Sharing photos of himself and another lady, Mr Hundeyin said he and the Ugandan lady were locked in a room for hours.

“Alongside a lady from Uganda (also a visa-free country), I have been locked in a room with no windows or toilet, plus a bottle of pee on the floor,” Mr Hundeyin said.

Source: https://gazettengr.com/journalist-david-hundeyin-detained-in-zimbabwe/

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by TemplarLandry: 12:00am On Jul 20, 2023
This funny-looking boy again.
He's always a nuisance.

I diss this loud-mouthed boy with “Cry Babies” by Ludacris. Great jam!

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by quickberry(m): 12:00am On Jul 20, 2023
Make dem teach the weyrey lesson😂😂

After dragging their president on twitter, he still get mind travel go their country...Zimbabwe no be Naija🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by renderme: 12:05am On Jul 20, 2023
His obedient mob has been dragging Zimbabweans on twitter. I love this reply one of the officials they tagged told them.

Single class or respect, this people from dt side do not have an iota. Very razz and uncultured.

2 Likes

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Igwe9(m): 12:07am On Jul 20, 2023
Hmm, anyway, it's not a political motivated move
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Guestlander: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2023
Investigative journalist or a fiction writer? The piece about Nasco biscuits was a crass defamation of an innocent man.

3 Likes

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by TemplarLandry: 12:09am On Jul 20, 2023
Good one.
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by FreeStuffsNG: 12:36am On Jul 20, 2023
It is now over 12 hours he has been detained in Zim.smh.

O ti gun igi koja ere wink Ita ni iru won ma ti n gba eko they failed to receive at home. He did not travel to Zim with our Nigerian passport o.

His last spat was with Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, DG of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) who is old enough to be his mother.
His victims of criminal defamation and cyberbullying will say he is receiving the wrath of God for all the Injustice he did to them.

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by helinues: 12:37am On Jul 20, 2023
Him goat don drink pap for Zimbabwe
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Throwback: 12:41am On Jul 20, 2023
It is the propagandists who want to force us to believe their slander of Tinubu, that keep getting detained at the airports of different countries.

Karma is always near.

2 Likes

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by yarimo(m): 12:43am On Jul 20, 2023
This is very commendable from Zimbabwe government

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Throwback: 12:44am On Jul 20, 2023
O ti gaan pa.

Soji and his family and school mates and teachers.

Someone should remind the Zimbabwean officials that they have a notorious propagandist in their cell.

When they are done with him, they should release him to Nigeria to start the 2nd leg of his rehabilitation.

Who would have thought this egoist and narcissistic braggart could be this humble?

E never even use 24hrs for detention, single bone don fonkasibe.

2 Likes

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Throwback: 12:44am On Jul 20, 2023
yarimo:
This is very commendable from Zimbabwe government

Highly commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by olisaEze(m): 12:45am On Jul 20, 2023
Still won’t stop him from publishing the truth on govt officials, as e dey hot! grin
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by happney65: 12:45am On Jul 20, 2023
Guestlander:
Investigative journalist or a fiction writer? The piece about Nasco biscuits was a crass defamation of an innocent man.

Still expecting Nasco to charge David to court but they never did even after a lengthy rebuttal. grin
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by renderme: 12:50am On Jul 20, 2023
olisaEze:
Still won’t stop him from publishing the truth on govt officials, as e dey hot! grin

Still won’t make obi or any Igbo man become Nigerias president.

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by saintkel(m): 2:54am On Jul 20, 2023
renderme:

now u had to drag a full tribe into ur madness.....
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by onukwube1: 3:16am On Jul 20, 2023
Says a useless tribalistic man who will forever remain a tenant to an Igbo Landlord. Go get brains

renderme:

Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2023
renderme:
David Hundeyin, a Nigerian independent journalist, has been detained in Harare Airport, Zimbabwe.

Mr Hundeyin raised the alarm over his detention at the airport in a series of tweets on Wednesday night.

“I landed in Zimbabwe earlier today, and I have been detained at Harare Airport inside a smelly locked room for nearly 7 hours,” he said. “They said that despite using the travel document of a country with a visa-free relationship, my nationality is still Nigerian, and thus, I need a visa.”

Sharing photos of himself and another lady, Mr Hundeyin said he and the Ugandan lady were locked in a room for hours.

“Alongside a lady from Uganda (also a visa-free country), I have been locked in a room with no windows or toilet, plus a bottle of pee on the floor,” Mr Hundeyin said.

Source: https://gazettengr.com/journalist-david-hundeyin-detained-in-zimbabwe/

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

O mi ko oni tie nu cheesy
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by Vifx: 6:40am On Jul 20, 2023
Lol
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by LagosFirstSon: 6:40am On Jul 20, 2023
He has been released
Re: Investigative Journalist, David Hundeyin Detained In Zimbabwe by renderme: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2023
onukwube1:
Says a useless tribalistic man who will forever remain a tenant to an Igbo Landlord. Go get brains

In your dreams. My whole family do not rent out our houses to uncouth omo igbos too. Bush cannibals dt don’t know how to talk.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Recreation Park by Local Government Chairman in Lagos / All Eyes On The Judiciary: New Pictures To Emerge / Can You Decipher This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.