Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,447 members, 7,920,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:19 AM

Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? (358 Views)

California Passes Banning Schools From Telling Parents Of Child's Transgender ID / How A Man Died And Decayed In His Room Due To Children's Negligence / The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? by Childfree: 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
There are different kinds of movie ratings and they were set for a reason. G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17... and so on

One thing I noticed in this part of the world, unless if the film is like Spartacus, no one gives a shit about any film rating. You would see children as part of those watching films which is clearly not appropriate for their age. E.g music videos, Zee world, bb9ja, Nigerian films, action films, wrestling, boxing and host of others.

Viewing movies with sex, violence, drug abuse, adult themes, and offensive language can have a negative effect on children and adolescents.

Why do people do this?
Don't you know it isn't appropriate?
Parents how do you tackle this in your home?

cc Nlfpmod

Re: Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? by mariovito(m): 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
I agree.

The thing is no one really cares.

Growing up before TV and home entertainment became very easily accessible, we're just happy to have something screening regardless of what it was.

I'm not a parent yet, but I think parents should as much as possible monitor what their kids watch.

Many will think it's impossible, but it is.

With the advent of smart phones and smart TVs you can monitor and restrict what your kids watch.

When I eventually do have kids, I will take it as a full time job along side my full time job, what they see on the screen will be in my focus especially with woke new age ideas being spread through social media, tv shows, video games and almost everything. The best you can do for their nacent mind is to screen what is screened and expose them to only wholesome contents that will build up their young minds untill they're developed enough to handle these other media l.
Re: Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? by adebayour26: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Even DSTV put Parental control as a feature on their decoder but how many parent has used the option.
Re: Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? by Foodqueen(f): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
May God help us all jare.

U can talk all the necessary precautions, when they get to school, it's another world there.

Their mates brings in phones to Google everything.
Re: Why Is This Form Of Child Negligence Seen As Normal In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
i dont think these really matter today...although if you go to the movies its different but in this day and age, mst kids have phones/tablets etc that can easily access such content (even if you block/monitor it).

the minute they leave the house, they can easily view these somehow illegal contents.

(1) (Reply)

. / Why Did Your Marriage End? / Very Important! Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.