Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,212 members, 7,963,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:05 AM

Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri (366 Views)

Traders Should Not Trade To Compete Or Impress, – MEOTA C.E.O / I Have 5 Million Naira To Invest. / Finally !!!fixed Deposit Interest Rate That Can Compete With Treasury Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by adefitim(m): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2023
Apple, an American company, is the largest company in the US Stock Market. AstraZeneca, a British pharmaceutical giant, is the largest firm in the UK stock market. SAP, a German conglomerate, is the largest concern in the German Stock Exchange.

So, how come MTN, a South African firm, is the largest company in the Nigerian Stock Market? They control almost 17% of our entire stock exchange. The second is Airtel, an Indian company, with nearly 15%.

That is why there is a downward pressure on the Naira. Because we gleefully patronise these foreign behemoths, who repatriate their billions of dollars in profit to their home countries, leaving the Naira stranded.

For every Naira traded in our stock exchange, at least 50 Kobo develops wings and flies to South Africa, India, Europe and America. And we say Nigeria is an independent nation?

And this will continue, and the Naira will go downhill. And you will grow poorer.

Unless you start patronising Nigerian brands, like Globacom Nigeria, the Dangote Group, Innoson Motors, Air Peace, and BUA, which are wholly Nigerian-owned and whose profits circulate here in Nigeria, adding value to the Naira!

Until a Nigerian company is the number one form on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, we will only blame the government when our own consumption habits as citizens are the chief causative factors for a weak Naira!

#TableShaker

Nlfpmod
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2023
But Nigerian have investment in South Africa... I think MTN want to divest sef from Nigeria some years back, so I don't understand Oga Reno's rant ....the local contractors just dey pray make they stay because that's the only guarantee they have in getting paid at the set timeline. Now a Nigerian is calling the shot, I don't know if the contractors are been paid as at when due or whether they upgrade regularly anymore... Because every now and then I have to be checking nairaland to be sure the network is going .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by illicit(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2023
What makes you think that Globacom and cos profit circulate in Nigeria
Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by Kingpin1000: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2023
jackcanfield:
But Nigerian have investment in South Africa... I think MTN want to divest sef from Nigeria some years back, so I don't understand Oga Reno's rant ....
Be reasonable for ones. Not because you hate someone, you'll take anything he says as Rubbish. What is bad to chose Nigerian made goods instead of foreign goods.
How Nigerian investments are in S.A?
Some of you just comment because you have a phone and data, you comment without e en knowing what you are talking about.
The more the demand for dollar, the lower the value of the naira.

2 Likes

Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 21, 2023
Kingpin1000:

Be reasonable for ones. Not because you hate someone, you'll take anything he says as Rubbish. What is bad to chose Nigerian made goods instead of foreign goods.
How Nigerian investments are in S.A?
Some of you just comment because you have a phone and data, you comment without e en knowing what you are talking about.
The more the demand for dollar, the lower the value of the naira.
Did I say you shouldn't choose Nigeria product, perhaps you didn't let me land before unleashing, did I even say their products is superior, for goodness sake I enjoy using Glo more than MTN .. I only said Nigeria have investment in South Africa, if you want to chase them away, you should consider the consequences of reprocracy on Nigeria companies in South Africa. Moreover like I said they are actually planning to leave before.

1 Like

Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by Bmaster(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2023
una no go respect una sef ?
Una wan yarn wetin go make tinubu begin reason to close border just like buhari did.
Who do us this thing sef ?

Until F.G close border again with one inconsequential reason una no go mind una business embarassed
Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by PlayerMeji: 11:06am On Jul 21, 2023
Because it is Reno that wrote this piece... they will make sure the post does not grace the front page...

Shior
Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by Diego35M: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
jackcanfield:
But Nigerian have investment in South Africa... I think MTN want to divest sef from Nigeria some years back, so I don't understand Oga Reno's rant ....the local contractors just dey pray make they stay because that's the only guarantee they have in getting paid at the set timeline. Now a Nigerian is calling the shot, I don't know if the contractors are been paid as at when due or whether they upgrade regularly anymore... Because every now and then I have to be checking nairaland to be sure the network is going .
You are right, but not just these, but also mobile phones, cars
Re: Do This If You Want Naira To Compete With Dollar—- Reno Omokri by favor914: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2023
illicit:
What makes you think that Globacom and cos profit circulate in Nigeria
Because their headquarters are based in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Most Lucrative Businesses You Can Invest In 2024 / 4 Million Naira Down. 24 Million Naira More (24 Days) / Cigarette Is Addictive, So Also Is The Internet; Earn From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.