Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada (18797 Views)

Chiamaka Nnadozie Wins CAF Female Goalkeeper Of The Year 2023 / Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by ReubenE(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
PHIPEX:
Meaning Canada pressured us?

When a goalkeeper wins man of the match it means we were lucky.

Congrats to her
Not necessarily. We actually played better in and out of possession but lacked quality in the final third.
We did not threaten their goal area as much as the quality we have in our squad especially with our mighty Oshoala leading the line.

Though I agree with you that we enjoyed a bit of luck to come out unscathed especially with the penalty incident and the late red card to Abiodun.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by MorataFC: 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
Good
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by Validated: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
Politics aside, Igbos rule Nigeria. Without Igbos, Nigeria will be like Togo or Chad self.

Just check it, is it sports, businesses, industry, housing, fashion, medicine, academia, social life, nollywood, all sectors, except farming.

I respect those people and their level of independence and liberalism. Different my 🧢
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by extol1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
That Deborah Abiodun was my woman of the match. She is good like Kante

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by toprealman: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2023
Overall I will give the team performance a 6.5/10.
Canada waited till the last 5 mins to come alive.
Michelle Alozie and Ashleigh Plumtree have their work cut out. Whilst Plumtree is always caught off guard with a counter, Alozie keeps dribbling even at a red zone. If not for Ohale and Oluwatosin, Nnadozie would have been the busiest player.
Ajibola’s red card was unnecessary considering that the play by the opponent was not a threat whatsoever, but then it is what it is!
I will expect to see more from Asisat Oshiola and Franciscan Ordega. We know what these two players bring to the team, but last night was not their best outing in anyway. For starters, Ordega’s infringement led to the penalty but thankfully Nnadozie came with all the tools intact despite her knee injury. Our darling Asisat was very shy upfront unlike her.
Why was Kanu left on the bench? That lady na baller! Her introduction changed the dynamics of the game.
I am hoping that the girls will do well considering that we are yet to see Desire Oparanozie and Rasheedat Ajibade line up with the rest of the girls. These two brings energy and creativity.
Next game should be more explosive considering that the two teams will be hoping to improve on their mistakes and consolidate.
Till then…it’s a wrap!

3 Likes

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by MenelikZayan23(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
robosky02:
2023 WWC: Nnadozie wins Woman of the Match in Super Falcons’ draw against Canada

Super Falcons goalkeeper, Chiamaka Nnadozie was adjudged the best player following her side’s 0-0 draw against Canada on Friday morning.

Nnadozie, who captained the Super Falcons against the Olympic champions, put up an impressive display in the encounter played at the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium.

The goal tender denied veteran forward, Christine Sinclair from the spot five minutes after the break.

The Paris FC star also made a number of crucial saves in the keenly contested encounter.

Randy Waldrum’s side finished the game with 10 players after Deborah Abiodun was sent off in regulation time.

The Super Falcons will face Australia at the Brisbane Stadium on Thursday, July 27.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/07/21/2023-wwc-nnadozie-wins-woman-of-the-match-in-super-falcons-draw-against-canada/%3famp=1

That's a good one. More strength she's amazing
Don't forget to contact me for your gadgets all types
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by HussenAdul: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
PHIPEX:

Congrats to her
Exactly, that is what it is. Our keeper excellently saved a penalty and other beautiful displays she exhibited.
That Canadian Team is attacking and our side is defending to the extent no one noticed Oshuala until she was substituted with Uchenna Kanu.
Uchenna Kanu put a remarkable display which almost disabled Canadian defence.
In our next match, I will like the coach to play-start Oshuala & Uchenna Kanu at the same time. The combination will disable any defence of this tournament
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by phemmyfour: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
T2Justman:
Congrats. I didn't get to watch the match though.

Who played better?
Canada
We packed the bus throughout. Ball possession was around 30-70. Finished with 10 women.....Abiodun got a red cad
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by HussenAdul: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
phemmyfour:
Canada
We packed the bus throughout. Ball possession was around 30-70. Finished with 10 women.....Abiodun got a red cad
I think is 29 - 71. Though the ref wanted Nigeria to lose. Even the extra 8mins injury time turned to 13mins
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by phemmyfour: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
HussenAdul:

I think is 29 - 71. Though the ref wanted Nigeria to lose. Even the extra 8mins injury time turned to 13mins
It's the new rule. The referee isn't partial. Every time wasted in substitution, var checking etc would be readded.

The new rule started in the last men World cup

1 Like

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by Burruchaga71(m): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
It can only be them..
Igbo always Amaka!!!
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by whippersnapper(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
HussenAdul:

wahallahi fah. That ref was not on our signed. She was candas woman of match.
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by CJStarz: 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
This fuel matter no gree person know wetin dey sup again o
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by oxygeng: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
She tried, but My woman of the match was ABIODUN regardless of the red. Young babe was everywhere with commanding moves.

1 Like

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by djoe21(m): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
Thought the match is by 10:30pm today. undecided
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by bunmioguns(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
T2Justman:
Congrats. I didn't get to watch the match though.

Who played better?

Dem play us wella
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by shantti(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
E get one run wey Francisca orderga made wey sweet me. That lady na baller.

1 Like

Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by Figger(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
My sister doing us proud, Orlu to the world.
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by Willybee04: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
Am so disappointed we didn't even beat Canada 😪 😔
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by tiswell(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
Igbos are truly blessed

I wonder how biafran national team will be dealing with naija eagles if eventually they exits.
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
PHIPEX:

Congrats to her
Saw the highlights today,we were over lucky though they are the clear favourites now. Olympic Champions for that matter.
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by Mrhonesty: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2023
Près. BAT. The motivator

quote author=Absuchat post=124564816]What's these girls motivation sef.
Is it fuel or dollar rate? [/quote]
Re: 2023 WWC: Nnadozie Wins Woman Of The Match In Super Falcons’ Draw Against Canada by benjanny(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2023
well played

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serena Williams Becomes Forbes’ Highest Paid Sports Woman 4th Year In A Row / Seven Years After, FIFA, NFF, Fans Remember Nigeria’s Legend Rashidi Yekini / Oshoala Scores Brace As Barca Beat Real Madrid In El Classico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.