Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,249 members, 7,887,709 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:39 PM

Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple (510 Views)

Jose Mourinho Reveals His Lionel Messi Dream And Wants To Coach Superstar / Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami / David Beckham Dribbles Inter Miami Players In Five-A-Side Match (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
It is both a challenge and an opportunity for MLS and Apple: How do you make every Lionel Messi game on MLS Season Pass feel like an event?

Well, if he scores the game-winning goal in the dying seconds of regulation, on a glorious free kick, in his debut game for Inter Miami, delivering one of the most memorable moments in American soccer history, a moment that caused Inter Miami owner David Beckham to shake his head in disbelief and a Florida crowd to erupt in ecstasy — well, that’s an event.

It is Messi’s moment,” said MLS broadcaster Jake Zivin after the goal. “It is Messi’s night.

In some cases, making something an event is easy for sports broadcast outlets. There are certain dates on the calendar (Super Bowl, World Cup, March Madness, college football title game) that are events simply by existing. There are also annual one-offs such as the Kentucky Derby, the opening round of the NFL Draft, or even WrestleMania that have a can’t-miss element to them. On a smaller level, ESPN’s Formula One coverage via Sky Sports has done a great job making every F1 race day feel like something special. (Sky Sports F1 broadcaster Martin Brundle’s pre-race grid walk, as silly as it can be, gives the event a big feel.)

So that’s what I was looking for as I tuned into MLS Season Pass at 7 p.m. ET, one hour before the Leagues Cup match between Inter Miami and Cruz Azul. How would MLS/Apple approach its pregame show? Would they have a group onsite to give us a feel of the atmosphere similar to what Amazon Prime did for “Thursday Night Football” and NFL and NBA networks have traditionally done for big postseason games?

The answer was yes. Host Kaylyn Kyle and analysts Maurice Edu and Taylor Twellman were live from the corner of the pitch of DRV PNK Stadium as the pink-happy crowd started to float in. The group interviewed MLS commissioner Don Garber and Liga MX president Mikel Arriola within the first five minutes, and far more important for viewers, we got Starting XI graphics and substitutes for both teams within the first 10 minutes. They also didn’t overload viewers simply on Inter Miami as reporter Katie Witham interviewed Cruz Azul goalkeeper Sebastián Jurado on the field.

We got plenty of boldfaced names on the broadcast (Kim Kardashian and kids posing with Inter Miami owner David Beckham; Victoria Beckham taking a photo of her husband and LeBron James; Witham interviewing Kardashian). We also got Twellman hyping the moment with the flair of WWE wrestling manager Paul Heyman. “Inter Miami pulled off the greatest heist in sports history,” said Twellman, who deserves some Apple stock for that hype job.

Twellman said prior to Friday that calling Messi’s first MLS game would end up being one of the highlights of his broadcasting career. Said Twellman: “I grew up in a family where Pelé and the NASL was a huge part of my dad’s professional life and his career, and now I get to have a similar type of experience with arguably the greatest player ever and maybe a better player and his impact on what’s going to go on in this league.”

The pregame had to stretch because Messi did not appear on the field prior to the game. (I was hoping for something like this.) There were some glitches, including going to break while Kyle was in mid-sentence at 7:52 p.m. ET. Viewers got breaks at 7:55 and 7:58 p.m. ET, and breaks that tight are very disorienting as a viewer. (Watching in Canada, I don’t get the U.S. ads.) Someone was overheard on a mic as Twellman was talking prior to kick. They have to clean that stuff up if they want to be compared to the best in class of sports broadcasting.

MLS said its game coverage featured an enhanced production, including 18 cameras, four super slow-motion cameras, a Skycam, a Steadicam and a drone. As is the case with MLS League Pass, viewers could choose between coverage in Spanish and English. Zivin and Twellman called the game in English and will also call Inter Miami against Atlanta United on Tuesday. Sammy Sadovnik, Eduardo Biscayart, Carlos Hermosillo and Antonella Gonzalez called the game in Spanish.

As viewers, we first saw Messi on the Inter Miami bench at 8:05 p.m. ET, sitting next to Sergio Busquets. There was nice imagery of LeBron in an extended hug with Messi. (You’ll see that video around the world, which is priceless for MLS and Apple in terms of pub.) Zivin balanced the debut of Messi and the responsibilities of calling the game nicely. (For someone who does not know much about Cruz Azul, Zivin helped educate me on the club, including the success of manager Ricardo Ferretti.)

Twellman has a deep knowledge and respect of MLS, and that’s what you should want if you are a fan of the league. The director and producer frequently went to shots of Messi, which is what I wanted as a viewer. I imagine some will call it excessive, but I don’t think that can be the case with Messi. There were some audio glitches in-game, which, again, MLS/Apple need to fix.

Twellman said he wanted to get out of the way and give viewers the experience of feeling what he felt inside the stadium.

“I think this being a global audience versus a United States or Canada audience, I need to make sure that people understand how important this is for the league,” Twellman said. “But I would be stunned if the audio and video doesn’t tell that story of the magnitude, the environment, and the occasion.”

Messi began warming up as the second half started and put on his Inter Miami jersey at 9:27 p.m. ET. He came on in the 54th minute. The cameras stayed with him as he entered the pitch, and Zivin and Twellman smartly stayed silent as the public address announcer gave a special introduction for Messi and Busquets to the crowd. Twellman predicted in the first half we would see Messi for 20 minutes given where he was in his training, but he went much longer.

Apple kept feeding us celebrities (Serena Williams talking with Kardashian), and while I’d be happy never to read about the Kardashians again, this was smart to me because the goal was to make the broadcast feel bigger. (Plus, Serena is a legit GOAT.) There was a beautiful ball from Busquets to Messi late that we needed to get at least one full replay on. Then came the dream moment with Messi’s free-kick winner. Hollywood in Miami.

The pregame group then did a live postgame, where we got multiple looks at the Messi goal.

The Messi signing is obviously massive for the league, and massive business, as The Athletic’s Paul Tenorio, Pablo Maurer and Tom Bogert have chronicled here. Twellman said it is vital that Inter Miami is successful in order to capitalize on Messi being in the league. They are currently in last place in the Eastern Conference of MLS. But that should change.

“If you want to be the face of Major League Soccer for the two and a half to three years that he’s going to be here, and then ultimately for the years later, you’ve got to win,” Twellman said. “You’ve got to create your legacy and create a foundation for success.”

So Messi Night 1 is in the books. It wasn’t perfect (we could hear over the air that Apple was only getting one question after the game), but Apple and MLS did well. It felt big, and Messi made it even bigger at the end.

I got goosebumps, because for the next 50 years of my life,” Twellman said on the air, “I’m going to tell everyone I was in the building.”

https://theathletic com/4704167/2023/07/21/apple-tv-inter-miami-lionel-messi/?amp=1

Nlfpmod mynd44 frontpage

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Ashez: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
He try shaa

2 Likes

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by internationalman(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
Lol Almiron giving them Messi news woto woto back to back..

Almiron is to Ronaldo's fans what Obembet used to be to Messi's fans.. A pain in the ass..

What a world class free kick by Lionel Messi

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
internationalman:
Lol Almiron giving them Messi new woto woto back to back..

Almiron is to Ronaldo's fans what Obembet used to be to Messi's fans.. A pain in the ass..

I appreciate the mention bro. I’m their worst nightmare. We don retire em from this section. Thanks to Leo for giving us eternal bragging rights.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Numerouno94(m): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2023
internationalman:
Lol Almiron giving them Messi news woto woto back to back..

If they Pendulums have theirs way they will block Almiron's internet protocol, so as to stop him from accessing Nairaland.

Almiron is a real pain in their asses.gringrin

Btw, it's bn a while sir.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Numerouno94(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
I appreciate the mention bro. I’m their worst nightmare. We don retire em from this section. Thanks to Leo for giving us eternal bragging rights.

Bro ur doing well. We dey back anytime anyday.
Wondering wat could have happened to lhordspy, he was ones a pain in their asses.grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 7:23am On Jul 23, 2023
Numerouno94:

Bro ur doing well. We dey back anytime anyday.
Wondering wat could have happened to lhordspy, he was ones a pain in their asses.grin
nice to hear that brother. I noticed he hasn’t been active like before, I’m sure he’s fine sha. Good morning. Happy Sunday!!
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by internationalman(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2023
Numerouno94:

If they Pendulums have theirs way they will block Almiron's internet protocol, so as to stop him from accessing Nairaland.

Almiron is a real pain in their asses.gringrin

Btw, it's bn a while sir.

I'm always here reading comments. The comments of some Ronaldo's fans are so annoying that I can't reply without insulting them. So I'd rather bear the pain of not commenting than risk getting insulted back by them..

All Ronaldo's fans know Messi is the best, it's just difficult accepting defeat. That's human nature...

Y'all should have pity on them because it hasn't been easy for them. Now imagine how you felt when Ronaldo won the Euros with Portugal. Whatever or however you felt then, they are feeling ten times of that being that Messi won 3 major international trophies on a bounce after being mocked for not winning any.

Imagine how you would feel if Ronaldo won the world cup instead of Messi.. So that's how painful it is for them and that's why I take their argument with a pinch of salt because I know they are hurting.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2023
Look at them praising a league that don't practive a normal league system... no promotions and no relegation... and they say uts better than the Saudi league grin grin grin... even Ibrahimovic annihilated that league at the age of 38 and no one cared ...but as the LGBTA league and the matrix are forcing this fraud down everyone's throat , the gullible ones are believing that trashy league ... a league that no team has ever featured in the FIFA World club Cup...at least Al Hilal from Saudi played in the last final .... they went to invite their fellow illuminati athletes to watch their newest recruit ... Do u think those athletes care about football or Messi... At least Ronaldo at messis age just finished as serie A top scorer and was heading to the English league with united and City waiting for his signature, where he ended as the 3rd top scorer in a depleted team ... when Ronaldo left for Saudi in a big money move making him the highest earning sportsman in history , they said no one wanted him in Europe and he ran to saudi... now that same mouth are playing a different record as no one wants Messi in Europe apart from a team that doesn't ever go above 15th place in the LGBTA league ... Messi joined a team equivalent to Bournemouth in the EPL ...no top team wanted him...and if not for Beckham that decided to help him, he will be in rosario now... the guy just went to psg to destabilise that team that was progressing gradually and was kicked out
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Look at them praising a league that don't practive a normal league system... no promotions and no relegation... and they say uts better than the Saudi league grin grin grin... even Ibrahimovic annihilated that league at the age of 38 and no one cared ...but as the LGBTA league and the matrix are forcing this fraud down everyone's throat , the gullible ones are believing that trashy league ... a league that no team has ever featured in the FIFA World club Cup...at least Al Hilal from Saudi played in the last final .... they went to invite their fellow illuminati athletes to watch their newest recruit ... Do u think those athletes care about football or Messi... At least Ronaldo at messis age just finished as serie A top scorer and was heading to the English league with united and City waiting for his signature, where he ended as the 3rd top scorer in a depleted team ... when Ronaldo left for Saudi in a big money move making him the highest earning sportsman in history , they said no one wanted him in Europe and he ran to saudi... now that same mouth are playing a different record as no one wants Messi in Europe apart from a team that doesn't ever go above 15th place in the LGBTA league ... Messi joined a team equivalent to Bournemouth in the EPL ...no top team wanted him...and if not for Beckham that decided to help him, he will be in rosario now... the guy just went to psg to destabilise that team that was progressing gradually and was kicked out
modasucker see epistle wey you type, who die in your family house? Why the rant? You’ll rant enter comaaa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 9:53am On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
modasucker see epistle wey you type, who die in your family house? Why the rant? You’ll rant enter comaaa

When Ronaldo won the Euros... u hypocrites said international trophy dont define a player that has won it all for club level.... so world cup don't define a great player as well... if kane played for City or Madrid, he too will be a champions league winner ... if Giroud was from Netherlands, he will not smell world cup.
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

When Ronaldo won the Euros... u hypocrites said international trophy dont define a player that has won it all for club level.... so world cup don't define a great player as well... if kane played for City or Madrid, he too will be a champions league winner ... if Giroud was from Netherlands, he will not smell world cup.
I didn’t even read your rant.

1 Like

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by OJEEMAH(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2023
The interesting thing is Messi will still benefit from revenue generated from the same apple some Ronaldo fanboys uses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by OJEEMAH(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2023
Awon Americans don’t know Messi and they don’t watch football come and see ooh

1 Like

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by OJEEMAH(m): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:
This epistle will be needless if you understand this⬇️

Let me break it down

FIFA World Cup winner
Copa America Winner
Olympic Gold Medalist
U17 World Cup Winner
4x UEFA Champions League Winner
12x La liga & Ligue One winner
3x UEFA Super Cup Winner
3x Club World Cup winner
7x Copa Del Rey

2x World Cup Golden Ball Winner
Copa America Golden Boot winner
Copa America MVP Award award
7x Balon D’or Winner
6x European Golden Boot Winner
6X UEFA Champions League Top scorer
7x La liga Top Scorer
6x La liga Player of the Year
3x UEFA Player of the Year

Few Notable records
No player has scored 91goals in a calendar year
No player has ever done 73goals in a single season
No other player has won 6 European Golden Boot
Neither has anyone score 50goals in Europe Top Leagues
No player has won World Cup golden ball twice
No player has scored in all World Cup stages
No player has assisted more goals in World Cup history

Second Top Scorer in football history
Highest Assists provider in football history
Great Dribber if not the best based on statistics
Pass accuracy ✅✅✅✅✅✅
One of the best in Free Kicks
Vision is second to none

Mention one player with a better portfolio

Don’t you get it? Messi no de play football to win anything again just money and fame.

If you say Ibra and Ronaldo were still in Europeat Messi’s age, I dare you to put their achievements side by side with Messi let’s compare to get a clearer view of why they continued playing and why Messi had to leave.

What some didn’t achieve at 38 or till they retired, he did at 35.

Now give us one reason Messi should not have moved to MLS at 35

1 Like

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
OJEEMAH:
This epistle will be needless if you understand this⬇️

Let me break it down

FIFA World Cup winner
Copa America Winner
Olympic Gold Medalist
U17 World Cup Winner
4x UEFA Champions League Winner
12x La liga & Ligue One winner
3x UEFA Super Cup Winner
3x Club World Cup winner
7x Copa Del Rey

2x World Cup Golden Ball Winner
7x Balon D’or Winner
6x European Golden Boot Winner
6X UEFA Champions League Top scorer
7x La liga Top Scorer
6x La liga Player of the Year
3x UEFA Player of the Year

Few Notable records
No player has scored 91goals in a calendar year
No player has ever done 73goals in a single season
No other player has won 6 European Golden Boot
Neither has anyone score 50goals in Europe Top Leagues
No player has won World Cup golden ball twice
No player has scored in all World Cup stages
No player has assisted more goals in World Cup history

Second Top Scorer in football history
Highest Assists provider in football history
Great Dribber if not the best based on statistics
Pass accuracy ✅✅✅✅✅✅
One of the best in Free Kicks
Vision is second to none

Mention one player with a better portfolio

Don’t you get it? Messi no de play football to win anything again just money and fame.

If you say Ibra and Ronaldo were still in Europeat Messi’s age, I dare you to put their achievements side by side with Messi let’s compare to get a clearer view of why they continued playing and why Messi had to leave.

What some didn’t achieve at 38 or till they retired, he did at 35.

Now give us one reason Messi should not have moved to MLS at 35

Ronaldo's achievements
1 time Euros winner
1 time Nations league winner
5 time champions league winner/2different teams
3 time EPL winner
3 time La liga winner
2 time serie A winner
4 time FIFA World club Cup winner
4 time UEFA super cup winner
3 time UEFA Copa de rey champion
3 time FA Cup champion
1 time Copa Italia champion
2 time Italian super cup champions
2 time carling Cup champion
2 time charity shield winner

Top scorer EPL
Top scorer La Liga
Top scorer serie A
7 time champions league top scorer
I time Euros top scorer

Highest goal scorer in history of champions league
Highest goal scorer in history of club football
Highest goal scorer in history of international football
Guinness book of record holder for Highest number of goals scored in male football
Guinness book of record holder for Highest cap in history of male football

1st and only man to win top scorer in the top 3 leagues in Europe
Highest number of hattricks in football history
Highest goals scorer in Euros history
Only man to score in 5 World cups
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Peacecore: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
walai grin I never knew that Obembet can see Messi news and fail to speak again. We'll never allow them to breeeef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
Peacecore:
walai grin I never knew that Obembet can see Messi news and fail to speak again. We'll never allow them to breeeef
dem no born his papa well make e no run. How’s your side bro
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo's achievements
1 time Euros winner
3 time EPL winner
3 time La liga winner
2 time serie A winner
3 time FA Cup champion

Top scorer EPL
Top scorer La Liga
Top scorer serie A
I time Euros top scorer

Guinness book of record holder for Highest number of goals scored in male football

but no World Cup knockout goals, no silverware, bronze or silver. Have some shame, even pendu sef don give up.

You will rant till coma

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
but no World Cup knockout goals, no silverware, bronze or silver. Have some shame, even pendu sef don give up.

You will rant till coma

Just like ur fraud cudnt score in 2010 WC ...but they still dashed him balon d'Or... he could not win champions league with 2 different teams ...instead destroyed psg...na only psg fans go talk wetin dem see for the fraud hand grin grin grin
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Just like ur fraud cudnt score in 2010 WC ...but they still dashed him balon d'Or... he could not win champions league with 2 different teams ...instead destroyed psg...na only psg fans go talk wetin dem see for the fraud hand grin grin grin

had to put image for you, so you can see how delusional you are…. You’ll cry tire

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
had to put image for you, so you can see how delusional you are…. You’ll cry tire

From one single league grin grin grin .. the moment he left his hotspot ... goals disappeared grin grin
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

From one single league grin grin grin .. the moment he left his hotspot ... goals disappeared grin grin
even in the desert league dem sabi the only 🐐
Dey play
Dindinrin

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by OJEEMAH(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo's achievements
1 time Euros winner
3 time EPL winner
3 time La liga winner
2 time serie A winner
3 time FA Cup champion

Top scorer EPL
Top scorer La Liga
Top scorer serie A
I time Euros top scorer

Just like Messi, he’s got an impressive resume but Messi remains the most decorated player in football history.

If you take a closer look, both players have similar achievements at club level. The difference is Ronaldo won EPL, La liga & Seria A but they are all regarded as league titles.

Messi has won all or same type of trophies in Ronaldo’s cabinet

UCL TITLES
Ronaldo 5
Messi 4

LEAGUE TITLES (EPL, La liga, Seria A & Ligue 1)
Ronaldo 7 (3x EPL, 2x La liga & 2x Scudetto)
Messi 12 (10x La liga & 2x Ligue)

Club World Cup
Ronaldo 4
Messi 3

UEFA Super Cup
Ronaldo 4
Messi 3

League Player of the Year
Ronaldo 4 or 5 not too sure
Messi 7

European Golden Boot
Ronaldo 4
Messi 6

FIFA World Best/Balon D’or
Ronaldo 4
Messi 7

UEFA Player of the Year
Ronaldo 4
Messi 3

Messi edged him in international football and individual accolades.

World Cup Medal
Messi: 1
Ronaldo: Nil

Golden Ball Winners
Messi: 2

Messi: Copa America Winner
Ronaldo: Euro2016 Winner

Messi: 2x Copa America Best Player
Ronaldo: Never won best player in Euros

Messi: Copa America Golden Boot (2021)
Ronaldo: Euro2020 Top Scorer

Olympic Gold Medalist
Messi 1
Ronaldo Nil

In UCL, Messi can brag with Ronaldo and others
In World Cup, he can brag with Pele & Maradona

Ronaldo can’t brag about World Cup
Pele can’t brag with UCL
Maradona cant brag with UCL aswell

Messi can brag with World Cup, UCL, Balon D’or, European Golden Boot and anything you can think of in football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by orohbiro(f): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
This is too.much ooo y this big insults bro
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Almiron: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
orohbiro:
This is too.much ooo y this big insults bro
you don’t know that thing , he deserves it sis.

1 Like

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
even in the desert league dem sabi the only 🐐
Dey play
Dindinrin

Still way better than LGBTA league that has no promotion or relegation.... dead league ...after failing in the farmers league ...he has run to play with women grin grin
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Just like Messi, he’s got an impressive resume but Messi remains the most decorated player in football history.

If you take a closer look, both players have similar achievements at club level. The difference is Ronaldo won EPL, La liga & Seria A but they are all regarded as league titles.

Messi has won all or same type of trophies in Ronaldo’s cabinet

UCL TITLES
Ronaldo 5
Messi 4

LEAGUE TITLES (EPL, La liga, Seria A & Ligue 1)
Ronaldo 7 (3x EPL, 2x La liga & 2x Scudetto)
Messi 12 (10x La liga & 2x Ligue)

Club World Cup
Ronaldo 4
Messi 3

UEFA Super Cup
Ronaldo 4
Messi 3

League Player of the Year
Ronaldo 4 or 5 not too sure
Messi 7

European Golden Boot
Ronaldo 4
Messi 6

FIFA World Best/Balon D’or
Ronaldo 4
Messi 7

UEFA Player of the Year
Ronaldo 4
Messi 3

Messi edged him in international football and individual accolades.

World Cup Medal
Messi: 1

Golden Ball Winners
Messi: 2

Messi: Copa America Winner
Ronaldo: Euro2016 Winner

Messi: 2x Copa America Best Player
Ronaldo: Never won best player in Euros

Messi: Copa America Golden Boot (2021)
Ronaldo: Euro2020 Top Scorer

Olympic Gold Medalist
Messi 1
Ronaldo Nil

In UCL, Messi can brag with Ronaldo and others
In World Cup, he can brag with Pele & Maradona

Ronaldo can’t brag about World Cup
Pele can’t brag with UCL
Maradona cant brag with UCL aswell

Messi can brag with World Cup, UCL, Balon D’or, European Golden Boot and anything you can think of in football.

Fifa rigged the WC in his favour and we all know it , u inclusive.... 6 penalties in 6 different name , that's how games are rigged ...

All those league titles and top scorer Messi kept on winning was due to him playing for one team, if he moved around earlier, Ronaldo would have been 400goals ahead of him....
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Peacecore: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2023
Almiron:
dem no born his papa well make e no run. How’s your side bro
Cool dear, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Numerouno94(m): 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
internationalman:

I'm always here reading comments. The comments of some Ronaldo's fans are so annoying that I can't reply without insulting them. So I'd rather bear the pain of not commenting than risk getting insulted back by them..

All Ronaldo's fans know Messi is the best, it's just difficult accepting defeat. That's human nature...

Y'all should have pity on them because it hasn't been easy for them. Now imagine how you felt when Ronaldo won the Euros with Portugal. Whatever or however you felt then, they are feeling ten times of that being that Messi won 3 major international trophies on a bounce after being mocked for not winning any.

Imagine how you would feel if Ronaldo won the world cup instead of Messi.. So that's how painful it is for them and that's why I take their argument with a pinch of salt because I know they are hurting.

Hahahahahha, u jux nailed it.gringrin

Buh we have decided to destroy their existence till they go into oblivion.

They trolled Messi and called him derogatory names like a camp nou wifi for failing to win an international trophy despite being in the finals of the World cup and also being in the final of Copa America, and winning the golden ball respectively.
But as God will have it, he gave him all the international trophies that has eluded him within a space of 2yrs.gringrin

So it's pay back time. We aren't tempering justice wit mercy. Naaaaa we kill dem and kill their souls join.gringrin.

Make them pray make Messi no win the next Balon d'Or, else na final burial for them.gringrin

Bro, we missed ur comments filled sacarsms. Abeg they drop comments small small for us.gringrin
Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by OJEEMAH(m): 4:10am On Jul 24, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Fifa rigged the WC in his favour and we all know it , u inclusive.... 6 penalties in 6 different name , that's how games are rigged ...

All those league titles and top scorer Messi kept on winning was due to him playing for one team, if he moved around earlier, Ronaldo would have been 400goals ahead of him....
Rigged WC indeed

It was not rigged when Argentina lost to Saudi

It was not rigged when 10 additional minutes was added against Netherlands score line was 2-1 in favour of Argentina at the time.

It was not rigged when France got 2 penalties in the final

Netherlands were beaten on penalties, FIFA told Dutch players to miss

France lost on Penalties also also told French players to miss after awarding them 2 penalties in a game they were completely outplayed.

FIFA also told Muani to miss the final kick of the match.

7 and 9years at Man United and Madrid gave him more than enough time to settle. How many top scorer did he win in those 7years in EPL? Just 2

9years at Madrid, he managed 2 top scorer

Prime Messi will dust Ronaldo at anyday, anytime and any club.

1 Like

Re: Messi’s Dream Inter Miami Debut Was The Perfect TV Event For Apple by Beverlyjean(f): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Rigged WC indeed

It was not rigged when Argentina lost to Saudi

It was not rigged when 10 additional minutes was added against Netherlands score line was 2-1 in favour of Argentina at the time.

It was not rigged when France got 2 penalties in the final

Netherlands were beaten on penalties, FIFA told Dutch players to miss

France lost on Penalties also also told French players to miss after awarding them 2 penalties in a game they were completely outplayed.

FIFA also told Muani to miss the final kick of the match.

7 and 9years at Man United and Madrid gave him more than enough time to settle. How many top scorer did he win in those 7years in EPL? Just 2

9years at Madrid, he managed 2 top scorer

Prime Messi will dust Ronaldo at anyday, anytime and any club.

U really dontvknow how football works and u really don't understand match fixing . My Aunt is one of FIFAs lawyers ... she isn't interested in football, but she is one of their lawyers , she has said it all, she said most people don't know what's happening with FIFA, she said FIFA is one of the most corrupt associated in the world, she told me to go watch the history of world cups on YouTube and it cemented what she said... she said even the media are involved , that anyone that thinks that winning the world cup is on merit, then the person's a toddler ...

U talk about Messi dusting Ronaldo in his prime, that must be a joke ... Saha said the reason he will take Ronaldo ahead of Messi is because Ronaldo faced more challenges than Messi in football... u think its easy to switch clubs and still perform... Messi was pampered from the beginning of his career, imagine his first ever goal was supplied by the raining world player of the year( Ronaldinho) without Messi out injured ( missing half of the season) barca still went on to win UCL ... Messi won many league titles in Spain cos Madrid were struggling, and Atletico only became a force in 2013.... Madrid were rebuilding , Ronaldo left a Manchester that had just won back to back to back CL and back to back CL final , winning one and joined a real Madrid that had not qualified for Quarter final of CL since 2003/04 season ... pères was just elected and promised to buy Ronaldo alongside Kaka and hot protégé Benzema ... Messi had the likes of iniesta xavi Villa , even Pedro played the best of his day's in football at barca because of the team ... if Ronaldo was in barca , he would have done the impossible.... Barca won 09,10, 11 league titles, won 09 and 2011 champioms league ... when Ronaldo joined Real Madrid, they only failed to reach the semis once in his 9yrs there( his first season) ...if Messi joined RealMadrid in 2009 and Ronaldo joined barca , Messi would have been a forgotten football player by now ... Nisterooy , Huntellar , Vandervaart , Robben , sneijder , Robinho, Diarra , Gago. Drenthe, saviola , cicinho , cassano, Higuain , were all signed along the way but they still struggled... even Kaka struggled till he left , benzema struggled terribly for about 10 straight seasons ... Ronaldo changed that team, u will not understand what Ronaldo did for Madrid and Portugal... these were 2 teams that were struggling in football... if Messi went through Ronaldos part , he would have been forgotten since ... peak Ronaldo on a neutral will finish peak Messi on a neutral...

(1) (Reply)

Spain Boring?? / Football Ruling Body (FIFA) Approves Goal Line Technology / Usain Bolt!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.