Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,436 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:33 AM

The Glory Of Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Glory Of Heaven (86 Views)

The Glory Of Godly Women (genesis And Exodus) / The Glory Of His Grace ( sin, repentance and salvation ) / "The Glory Of His Presence with Pastor Benny Hinn" In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Of Heaven by AbundantLife05: 6:11am On Jul 23, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
The Glory of God. Revelation 21:23
And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. NLT.

On this platform we discussed glory over a year ago in our teaching titled; The glory of God. Today, as God would have it, we have a similar topic which is a reminder about what glory is and a way of making us understand God more. I have explained what heaven means over and over by explaining that we have three levels of heaven. The first level is the sky above us, the second level is the space, while the third level is the unseen realm of God.

The third level of heaven has a glory that is so because it is occupied by a glorious God. What then is the glory of God? The glory of God is the atmosphere of aura that surrounds God. Glory is the majestic splendour of the presence of God which can be felt, experienced, heard, and seen. The being called God and his glory are inseparable, God is always and forever glorious.
Talking about atmosphere, some of the atmospheres of the presence of God as revealed in the bible are; light, fire, power, lightning and thunder, and the aura that produces holiness. Now, talking about heaven, the glory of heaven simply refers to the presence of God in heaven. Heaven is what it is because of the presence of God. Everything in that realm exists because God’s glory illuminate the place and gives life and meaning to everything there. This is the same way God gives life and meaning to things here on earth through the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Also, the things that have life on earth have it because of the power of Jesus that gives life to everything created. John 1:3-4: God created everything through him, And nothing was created except through him. [4]The Word gave life to everything that was created, And his life brought light to everyone. NLT.

The new heaven and the new earth is a place where there is peace because the essence and fullness of God dwells there. Revelation 21:1-4: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. [2]And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. [3]I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. [4]He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” NLT.

Once again, what makes heaven worthwhile is the presence of God, and this is an experience we can partake from starting from here through fellowship with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to us as a foretaste of what is to come while we are still here on earth. Romans 8:23: And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. NLT. However, the Holy Spirit cannot be given out unless you have surrendered to the lordship of Jesus Christ by confessing him as Lord and saviour. Romans 8:9: But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) NLT.

Therefore, if you are ready to give your life to Christ in order to have the fellowship of the Holy Spirit and to live with him in heaven, say this prayer wholeheartedly; Dear Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and you resurrected on the third day by the power of God, please forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have recited the prayer, I congratulate you and I urge you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Completing The New Testament In A Year (day208) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/07/2023 / Encounter With ONLI YAHNWESAVES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.