Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,530 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:36 PM

Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition (560 Views)

HELP!!! I'm In Love With This Busty Yoruba Girl ((pictures)) / Why Did Ladies Tag A Guy That Love His Mum A Mummy's Boy ? / I Can Never Date A Mummy's Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by tonywonder(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
My friend's name is Funmi and she's been in a very serious relationship with an Igbo guy. He's nice, handsome and they've been dating for 2 years. He talked about her meeting his family and she was very excited little did she know that it would turn out to be her worse nightmare.

She met his mum and she seemed really nice, but her attitude changed when she realized my friend is a Yoruba girl. She immediately told her that she can't marry her son. Her reasons weren't clearly stated but she said she doesn't like Yoruba people. My friend's heart melted, hot tears rolled down from her eyes; She's Yoruba and she's in love with an Igbo "mummy's boy".

She spoke with him about it but he keeps assuring her that it would be fine. It's been almost 2 years now and the family are still not in support of their union. Every time she try to move on, he comes begging that everything would be fine and that they will get married.

She really love this guy, why she loves him she don't know because clearly he hasn't done anything to deserve her heart but... He doesn't have a good paying job yet, so she carter for most of his financial needs and even send some food to his village during festivity.

Just recently his mother called her parents to tell them that she can't get married to her son and asked that she should be warned to stay off her son. He has travelled to his village for a week now and honestly she doesn't know where she stand... She really love him but what should she do?

Source: https://twitter.com/_agneeess/status/1682651741672579072?t=1djSTr6Tw6yK5F_2QlMNCQ&s=19
Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by endsarrrs(f): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
One sad experience

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by duro4chang(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
There are other men outside.
Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by Herbiodun09: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
Her problem. There are bigger issues at hand
Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
omo igbo na them be the biggest bigots in the world but they are always the first to play the victim
Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by Adachizzy(f): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
She should take a break from the financial responsibilites she has bestowed on herself and see if she still has a stand with the man.
Mama dey chop, clean mouth...mf hypocrites!!

A man tells you it's alright in private but won't have the balls to declare the same peace in public.
If you go into any long relationship with a man when you're at loggerheads with his family, it'll be very tough. Especially when the man involved is lukewarm, and doesn't have an exact stand.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by tonywonder(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2023
Adachizzy:
She should take a break from the financial responsibilites she has bestowed on herself and see if she still has a stand with the man.
Mama dey chop, clean mouth...mf hypocrites!!

A man tells you it's alright in private but won't have the balls to declare the same peace in public.
If you go into any long relationship with a man when you're at loggerheads with his family, it'll be very tough. Especially when the man involved is lukewarm, and doesn't have an exact stand.

I agree with you
Re: Yoruba Girl In Love With Igbo "Mummy's Boy" Faces Family's Opposition by Dshocker(m): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
tonywonder:
My friend's name is Funmi and she's been in a very serious relationship with an Igbo guy. He's nice, handsome and they've been dating for 2 years. He talked about her meeting his family and she was very excited little did she know that it would turn out to be her worse nightmare.

She met his mum and she seemed really nice, but her attitude changed when she realized my friend is a Yoruba girl. She immediately told her that she can't marry her son. Her reasons weren't clearly stated but she said she doesn't like Yoruba people. My friend's heart melted, hot tears rolled down from her eyes; She's Yoruba and she's in love with an Igbo "mummy's boy".

She spoke with him about it but he keeps assuring her that it would be fine. It's been almost 2 years now and the family are still not in support of their union. Every time she try to move on, he comes begging that everything would be fine and that they will get married.

She really love this guy, why she loves him she don't know because clearly he hasn't done anything to deserve her heart but... He doesn't have a good paying job yet, so she carter for most of his financial needs and even send some food to his village during festivity.

Just recently his mother called her parents to tell them that she can't get married to her son and asked that she should be warned to stay off her son. He has travelled to his village for a week now and honestly she doesn't know where she stand... She really love him but what should she do?

Source: https://twitter.com/_agneeess/status/1682651741672579072?t=1djSTr6Tw6yK5F_2QlMNCQ&s=19

She better move on ooO...

The only time you will see an Igbo guy getting married to a Yoruba girl, is because the parent, particularly the mum is dead.

As far as she is alive, that girl is wasting her time with him.

Igbos don't like marrying outside their tribe

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Infidelity; Apostle Chinyere Accepts Baby Of 22yr Old Girl (video) / To What Extent Or How Far Do U Trust Ur Girl/fiancee/wife / Nigerians Groan As Cost Of Condoms Increases By 200%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.