Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,786 members, 7,918,489 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed (722 Views)

Ayu: "I Held No Meeting With Wike In Port Harcourt" / Yahaya Bello In Catholic Church For Thanksgiving Over Supreme Court Victory / I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by bennybuhari: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2023
Immediate past Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has said extremism is among the greatest challenges facing humanity. He said extremism could stem from political or religious views.

The ex-minister said this while addressing reporters in his country home at Oro in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State after a reception in his honour by the community at the weekend.

He said: “In most cases, political or religious extremism overlaps each other.”

Mohammed lauded the religious tolerance in Oro community, saying other communities across Nigeria should emulate such way of life.

He said: “All of us who are familiar with Boko Haram insurgency know that it is basically intolerance in the form of extremism on the part of some zealots who believe that followers of other religions are inferior.

“This is not so in my community. My community is almost 50 per cent Christians and 50 per cent Muslims. But they have always lived in harmony”.

“It is instructive that when I started the Ramadan talk in Oro shortly after I lost the governorship election in Kwara State in 2003, I started at the Muslim praying ground, which I think is normal. “

“But after two years, the Muslims prayer ground was not available because it was undergoing some renovation. I was then advised to move the event to Ilorin, the state capital, by some Muslim clerics.

“Then, I informed my community of the shift in the venue of the Ramadan talk, but the community advised that I should hold the talk at St. Andrew’s Catholic Church here in Oro. I felt a little bit surprised. They told me that in Oro, there is no difference between a Muslim and a Christian. For the next three consecutive years, I held the Ramadan talk at St. Andrew’s Catholic Church.

“To me, it is a big statement about the tolerance of people. I only hope that other communities will also borrow a leaf from Oro. Religion is a matter of choice. My people are religiously tolerant.”

Welcoming the former minister, the National President of Oro Community, Prof. James Bojuwoye, hailed him for living indelible footprints in the sand of time for the community.

He added: “As the first political appointee from the town, he has made us extremely proud of him. He has contributed financially to activities of both Christians and Muslims in our town in obvious demonstration of religious tolerance and harmony for which the community is well known.”
https://worldviewafrica.com/why-i-held-my-ramadan-talk-in-catholic-church-lai-mohammed/

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Urheadmaster(m): 8:35am On Jul 24, 2023
Liar

2 Likes

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Bobloco: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2023
grin
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by fourboys: 9:09am On Jul 24, 2023
Normally Christians no get wahala

3 Likes

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by RECTEM: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2023
Christians no get problem

2 Likes

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Jostoman: 9:46am On Jul 24, 2023
grin lying himself grin
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2023
Will Muslims allow a Christian sermon in a Muslim field? NEVER.

Proudly a Catholic

4 Likes

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by 1nice(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2023
All the money you stole from Nigeria during your tenure as minister of information and culture must be recovered.

Lai Mohammed can not take what belongs to Nigerians and keep it for himself and his family and his generation.

Corrupt government officials under Buhari government must return all the Nigerians resources they embezzled wether they like it or not.
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by WildChild00(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2023
The Muslims would never allow this to happen in their own field, they would even kill for it, haram.

1 Like

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2023
Christians don't have problem with you slaves but the problem lies on your religion for the fear of converting your people from religion of allah (Islam) to Christianity. A case study of Reinhard Bonnke's crusade in Ilorin which was stopped by the then Jihadi governor of Kwara State in August 2004

2 Likes

Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by jmoore(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2023
The Islamabad extremists are already calling for the head of Davido.
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Seefinish: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2023
RECTEM:
Christians no get problem
can an Imam allow a Christian group to host a three days program talk more 30 program inside a mosque?
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Skillsnigeria: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
Noted
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Penguin2: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
Taaa, shut up!

Closet extremist.

Hope you have reconstructed your village primary school that you should have used the money you used in going to America accuse of Obi of treasonable felony for?

Onye ala!
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by Lama70(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
The tolerance can only be appreciated if Christians are allowed the use of the other people's facility for the same purpose too.

Anything short of that will only portray one-sided tolerance, which is unhealthy.
Re: Why I Held My Ramadan Talk In Catholic Church – Lai Mohammed by urbobo20(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
That's not the problem . the only problem is is that , will the Muslim allow such in the the prayer ground ?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu To Be Disqualified: Evidence B4 Pept Proves Vp Double Nominatio / List Of Forgery Cases Against TIEFNUBU 1999 -2023 / NLC Strike Flops In Lagos , Sokoto And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.