Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,632 members, 7,901,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design (1652 Views)

US Presidents That Ignored Supreme Court Rulings / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / We’ll Wait For Supreme Court’s Pronouncement On Zamfara APC —INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2023
I believe Godwin Emefiele would have faired better today if he had stood his ground and pushed through his Naira re-design policy.

The policy was making the Naira stronger and would have wiped out hoarded cash by looting politicians.

After all, the supreme court acted unconstitutionally in my opinion by usurping the power of CBN to make monetary policy.

What are your thoughts?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Obaaderemi2: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
I wish Godwin Emefiele would be in a stronger position today if he had stood his ground and pushed through his policy.

What are your thoughts?
No, he would have ended up worse. That decision was worse than even this crippling subsidy removal. People didn't have money to spend. We were buying money at exorbitant rates and pricea of goods were going up. That policy alone is one of the reasons Nigeria's economy is in this present stage. I know a number of small businesses that crumbled around that time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
But he is being held in detention without trial today, how could it have been worse for him?
Obaaderemi2:
No, he would have ended up worse. That decision was worse than even this crippling subsidy removal. People didn't have money to spend. We were buying money at exorbitant rates and pricea of goods were going up. That policy alone is one of the reasons Nigeria's economy is in this present stage. I know a number of small businesses that crumbled around that time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
But he is being held in detention without trial today, how could it have been worse or him?
They blame others and never accept responsibility

1 Like

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by SalamRushdie: 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
The Naira redesign was an exercise to no where let me serious, it was arrant nonsense whose only endgame would be needless hardship and in way able to affect the outcome of the election

4 Likes

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
And what Tinubu has imposed since resuming office is necessary hardship right?
SalamRushdie:
The Naira redesign was an exercise to no where let me serious, it was arrant nonsense whose only endgame would be needless hardship and in way able to affect the outcome of the election

1 Like

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
An what Tinubu has imposed since resuming office is necessary hardship right?
I wonder o

Crime rate has increased geometrically

Them just dey shook shook people with knife just to collect their phones.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Obaaderemi2: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
But he is being held in detention without trial today, how could it have been worse for him?
They would still have brought more charges against him in anger of seeing him as Tinubu's enemy.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by BoldBrainz(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
That naira redesign and cash swap policy destroyed my business.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
Sorry about that. But the Naira-redesign policy is not the problem, CBN is constitutionally mandated to re-design the currency periodically; It is the corrupt politicians that sabotaged and prevented the policy from working that caused the hardship.
BoldBrainz:
That naira redesign and cash swap policy destroyed my business.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Obaaderemi2: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
Sorry about that. But the Naira-redesign policy is not the problem, CBN is constitutionally mandated to re-design the currency periodically; It is the corrupt politicians that sabotaged and prevented the policy from working that caused the hardship.
How did they sabotage it?
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by MadamExcellency: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
If he had persisted, which is gross injustice to democracy. A Dollar will not go beyond 600 Naira.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by inoki247: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lol Al this clueless and blind supporter Dollar should be strong while people will keep using money to buy money you can't even go to market and do transfer on every 1k they will still ask you for #50..

Do you know how many people who lose dere life during the Cash Scarcity or people using the precious time they're supposed to use to open dere shop and office to go queue at the bank.....

2 Likes

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
You didn't hear Nasir El Rufai telling people to ignore the CBN order ? which means he and his gang of corrupt politicians were also refusing to abide by CBN order to pay in the old notes.

Taking The FG direct to supreme court to reverse the CBN order is not sabotage to you abi?
Obaaderemi2:
How did they sabotage it?
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by APCNig: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
I believe Godwin Emefiele would have faired better today if he had stood his ground and pushed through his Naira re-design policy.

The policy was making the Naira stronger and would have wiped out hoarded cash by looting politicians.

After all, the supreme court acted unconstitutionally in my opinion by usurping the power of CBN to make monetary policy.

What are your thoughts?

You need psychiatric evaluation

2 Likes

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
Make your point without insults
APCNig:

You need psychiatric evaluation
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
So you agree with me? Because today a Dollar is approaching N900
MadamExcellency:
If he had persisted, which is gross injustice to democracy. A Dollar will not go beyond 600 Naira.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Obaaderemi2: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
You didn't hear Nasir El Rufai telling people to ignore the CBN order ? which means he and his gang of corrupt politicians were also refusing to abide by CBN order to pay in the old notes.

Taking The FG direct to supreme court to reverse the CBN order is not sabotage to you abi?
No, El Rufai supported using the old notes as legal tender when the new notes were scarce. Why did Emefiele make the notes scarce? Do you know how long people spent at the banks? Emefiele and the stupid Buhari did long lasting harm to Nigeria's economy.

2 Likes

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Roger3D(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:

What are your thoughts?
Now while I'm not a lawyer, I don't think the judiciary has the power to determine monetary policy so long as such policy doesn't violate the constitution or the laws regulating the CBN. It's obvious Emefele is paying the price for exercising those powers but I can't feel sorry for him
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nobody is expecting your pity, all is needed is that we all defend the rule of law and the constitution that governs our country, otherwise anarchy and lawlessness would take over.
Roger3D:
Now while I'm not a lawyer, I don't think the judiciary has the power to determine monetary policy so long as such policy doesn't violate the constitution or the laws regulating the CBN. It's obvious Emefele is paying the price for exercising those powers but I can't feel sorry for him
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Who mandated El Rufai to make his own monetary policy.
Why were the the new notes scarce ? No proof that Emeiele purposefully causee the scarcity. This is a question you should direct to the CBN and the banks I do not have enough information to answer that question.
Obaaderemi2:
No, El Rufai supported using the old notes as legal tender when the new notes were scarce. Why did Emefiele make the notes scarce? Do you know how long people spent at the banks? Emefiele and the stupid Buhari did long lasting harm to Nigeria's economy.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Obaaderemi2: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
worksmart:
Who mandated El Rufai to make his own monetary policy.
Why were the the new notes scarce ? No proof that Emeiele purposefully causee the scarcity. This is a question you should direct to the CBN and the banks I do not have enough information to answer that question.
It wasn't only El Rufai. A couple of other governors too. The policy was bad and could have shut down the economy if it had persisted. There are transfers I made then that failed and up till today I've not gotten my money back. How can you even open a thread to support such a bad policy? Emefiele and Buhari are both stupid.

1 Like

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by OlujobaSamuel: 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
It wasn't only El Rufai. A couple of other governors too. The policy was bad and could have shut down the economy if it had persisted. There are transfers I made then that failed and up till today I've not gotten my money back. How can you even open a thread to support such a bad policy? Emefiele and Buhari are both stupid.
You get time. A cbn gov used his office to declare war on the citizens, and some people are defending him.
If I'm in the president's shoe, I will make sure he never smells the wall of a financial institution again till death take him home.
I witnessed people crying to get fund to feed, and someone is saying it's a good policy, as bad as COVID-19 crisis is or the current subsidy removal, it's not even half of the crisis created by the cash restrictions.

2 Likes

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2023
The hardship you are suffering now exceeds that you suffered during the Naira re-design.
OlujobaSamuel:

You get time. A cbn gov used his office to declare war on the citizens, and some people are defending him.
If I'm in the president's shoe, I will make sure he never smells the wall of a financial institution again till death take him home.
I witnessed people crying to get fund to feed, and someone is saying it's a good policy, as bad as COVID-19 crisis is or the current subsidy removal, it's not even half of the crisis created by the cash restrictions.
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by gabbytabby: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Eno go better……

Thank you Jesus.

worksmart:

What are your thoughts?
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Godwin4444: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
worksmart:

What are your thoughts?
people were dieing, businesses were shut down, homes crashed, people were stranded, many trekked, many went to bed hungry but u lots don’t care cos u believe it will make your candidate win right?

N now u are talking rubbish, I pray tinubu increase fuel to 1000 n let’s see those mad fools that will say they want to protest

If u feel it’s right to protest now but it wasn’t right to protest during cashless then the person should b shot

1 Like

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Godwin4444: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
MadamExcellency:
dollar should b strong but people spending naira can b dieing on d streets like that radio station presenter that died while trekking Shebi?

1 Like

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
So people are not suffering today because of Tinubu's policies?
Abeg try reason better.
Godwin4444:
dollar should b strong but people spending naira can b dieing on d streets like that radio station presenter that died while trekking Shebi?
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Godwin4444: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

it was so bad that I will do transfer to my Pos guy on a steady like 20k n I will have to keep begging him to please let me know when he has cash

No b say e no go charge me 3k for 10k oooo

The day d guy provoke me wey I vex go bank omo I regret that action

N some people are here telling us it’s a good one cos they believe it would have helped their candidate
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by Godwin4444: 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
worksmart:
The hardship you are suffering now exceeds that you suffered during the Naira re-design.
which hardship are u talking about?

I can move freely n I can spend freely n I can eat anytime I like without having to open my app n encounter failed transactions

It was so bad that even some filling stations that normally take transfer refuse it cos they need cash they want to sell to pos operators

Anyone that supports d cashless policy should b gunned down

Wetin my eye see no b small, anytime I won comot I will have to go n beg my neighbors if they have at least 500 naira, it was so bad one day that I had to go out badly n no cash on me I had to go n meet the woman selling bread at d junction to give me 1k based on say I b regular customer

D woman made it clear she no go collect transfer ooo, I had to go out n look for every means possible to get 1k to give her

Just imagine that humiliation on top my own money n some fools believe it’s better

1 Like

Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by worksmart(m): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
ok you are privileged. Congratulations!
At least explains why you do not care about the rule of law.
Godwin4444:
which hardship are u talking about?

I can move freely n I can spend freely n I can eat anytime I like without having to open my app n encounter failed transactions

It was so bad that even some filling stations that normally take transfer refuse it cos they need cash they want to sell to pos operators

Anyone that supports d cashless policy should b gunned down

Wetin my eye see no b small, anytime I won comot I will have to go n beg my neighbors if they have at least 500 naira, it was so bad one day that I had to go out badly n no cash on me I had to go n meet the woman selling bread at d junction to give me 1k based on say I b regular customer

D woman made it clear she no go collect transfer ooo, I had to go out n look for every means possible to get 1k to give her

Just imagine that humiliation on top my own money n some fools believe it’s better
Re: If Only Emefiele Had Ignored Supreme Court Pronouncement On Naira Re-design by JuicyStar: 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
worksmart:

What are your thoughts?

Are u for real? After u will be the same person shouting when court orders are not obeyed by the president. The Supreme Court gave an order and u are saying he should have stood his ground. Some of una dey unstable for Una comments sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FX Deals …analysis / This Naira Depreciation Is Serious / Return To Regional Government Bill : Ijaw Will Go With This Region Out Of The 8.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.