Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,942 members, 7,876,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (479001 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (506) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 3:02pm On Jun 05
Thank you so much for your response. I want to use the sold one as my POF and the remaining one as home ties. I have the deed of conveyance from my dad to me, the sales agreement, the survey plan for the remaining 3 plots that still belongs to me and the valuation of the landed properties. Is there any other documents I need to provide? Thanks a lot.

frony1:
If you intend to use the remaining plots of land as proof of economic viz-a-viz home ties, you can show the survey plans ( and possibly valuation report) for them .

If you intend to use the proceeds from the sold ones as part of your proof of fund, you can show the sales receipts, deeds of conveyance ( which could contain the survey plans) between you and the buyers.

To be simply put, it depends on your intent in your application packaging.

I wish you the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 3:24pm On Jun 05
Must you evaluate any of the properties you want to use as home ties? Can I just submit the land documents and do a rough estimate of the valuation?

frony1:
If you intend to use the remaining plots of land as proof of economic viz-a-viz home ties, you can show the survey plans ( and possibly valuation report) for them .

If you intend to use the proceeds from the sold ones as part of your proof of fund, you can show the sales receipts, deeds of conveyance ( which could contain the survey plans) between you and the buyers.

To be simply put, it depends on your intent in your application packaging.

I wish you the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:33pm On Jun 05
The next step is to prepare your documents and submit your study permit, make sure you have the required funds and proof of the source, and work on home ties.
kfcinfo:
Hello people, appreciate all the info here but i need some specific info,I have just been sent PAL from Humber can anyone suggest next steps and the necessary caution as i go along. I have made a deposit of 3,000 CAD but also facing a deadline of July for tuition balance(strange) .
Anyone here for Humber September intake let's connect please add me to any whatsapp group or suggest a telegram link. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:41pm On Jun 05
The survey plan of the property you own is what you should show, then the sale receipt and deed of conveyance of the ones you sold.
Crystalgirl:
Hello guys, please I have 6 plots of land and I sold 3 out of it, I have the sales receipts and the land documents, my question is which survey plan am I supposed to submit? The remaining one that I own or the one I sold? An answer will be very much appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 3:51pm On Jun 05
Thank you

JMG12:
The survey plan of the property you own is what you should show, then the sale receipt and deed of conveyance of the ones you sold.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by newkelv: 4:12pm On Jun 05
Good day everyone; I will be in Calgary by August 2024 by the grace of God. I need a room to rent in a two bedroom apartment. Please reach out to me if you have one. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:37pm On Jun 05
HILCROWN:
Please house, I noticed from my biometric letter that I mistakenly listed my country of birth as England instead of Nigeria. What is the way forward? I haven't book for biometric. I need your advice.
Actually send webform to correct the error...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 5:04pm On Jun 05
Jeboy:
Congrats, but please did using MPower in your previous application impact your application negatively? Please let's know for some of us planning to use MPower loan biko.

Not really. Mpower is great, I know lots of people have gotten approvals using Mpower. For my I didn’t have a good repayment plan plus my earnings then was so little.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 5:05pm On Jun 05
Cwaya:
Oh okay.
Like Mpower was used for both tuition and Living expenses? Or just Tuition? No other funds aside that from you?

Just curious because I'm making research about them and other funders.

Last year Mpower gave funds for both tuition and LE. I have complete funds from Mpower with personal savings of 5m after paying tuition deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by milkay(f): 5:06pm On Jun 05
MarksmanD:
I have sent a message request. Awaiting your response. Thank you.

Oh I could find it. Could you please resend it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 6:29pm On Jun 05
sinorte:
Excuse me, could you please explain how you calculated the monthly expenses of CAD 3,500 for a family of five?
Family of five needs 3 bedroom apartment price will depend on province and town after below estimate the rest will go on rent apartment.. for 3 bedroom apartment approximately 1700 cad to 4000cad per month.
If you don't import food stuffs that will last the whole time in Canada you will spend on groceries.
Estimated 450 dollars a week on groceries per week
Internet@home=56 dollars a month
Electricity estimate summer:60 dollars per month , in winter for hitting economy estimate upto=170 to 200 dollars per month for 3 bedroom apartment.
Mobile phone top up for two adults;25 cad ×2=50dollars
You can't get through winter without buying a car with that family size for school runs for the kids and to do shopping etc excluding car price .. for car insurance and fuel per month roughfly 300 cad per month, excluding car maintenance , just to fix a broken wiper in canada 🇨🇦 cost 250 dollars

Estimated mandatory expenses per month
3 bedroom Rent apartment in cheap town:1700cad
Groceries:1800 dollars
Internet;56 dollars
Electricity in summer:60 dollars
Phone bill:50 dollars
Roughly total is 3666 dollars per month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 7:20pm On Jun 05
What about the sales receipt? I feel the documents you have can serve . This is my opinion though.

Crystalgirl:
Thank you so much for your response. I want to use the sold one as my POF and the remaining one as home ties. I have the deed of conveyance from my dad to me, the sales agreement, the survey plan for the remaining 3 plots that still belongs to me and the valuation of the landed properties. Is there any other documents I need to provide? Thanks a lot.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mdsne(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05
frank2zee:

How can I connect with you please
Can i connect with you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mdsne(m): 7:23pm On Jun 05
ExperimentBoi:
Hello Guys, good morning

To give back to the community and to share my experience (based on true story, I got my Canada Student visa in 8days, Immediately after biometric they requested for my passport same day)

I will share some good pointers to help people struggling and those who might have gotten refusal.

First I would say no visa is guaranteed and it takes the grace of God and enough explanation (my SOP was 20-45 pages, Yes you read that right)

I see a lot of people selling their property but they are ways you can move to Canada without selling your properties In Nigeria, At least that Is what I did.

First you want to talk to yourself as if you were a VO.
Ask yourself some very difficult questions and be realistic that if you told someone else, Would they would be satisfied as you are with your answers.

Remember the VO will not call you on the phone to ask you question regarding your application or if you made any mistake, I am speaking from experience as I did my whole visa application myself without the help of an agent.

It took me 6 months to gather every information I needed and it was a first time application. So speak about your application with the mindset of not hearing back while trying to answer every possible question the VO might have in mind.

I want you to start by introducing yourself to this VO. They don’t know you or even your past life, when you are introducing yourself, try to also add photos of any past event or memory in that your introduction.

Highlight your current life situation in Nigeria and how you feel studying in Canada will improve yourself and career, emphasis on your career

Do not stop talking about your career!!!

Moving on, talk about your immediate family, remember to show pictures as well.

Do not just mention “Oh I have a senior brother blah blah blah, try to paint a picture in the mind of the VO so they can see you and this strange person (the brother) you have mentioned.

Sometimes it is not about the money in your account it is how you prioritize your career and how you sound determined in your SOP.

While you are doing this steps, remember to label your write up so it makes sense, that even if the VO jumps from page 1 to page 5 and back to page 3 without, it will make sense to them without missing any point.

If you have the funds, add a GIC to your application, if you can’t they are other ways you can proof cash availability.

I got my student visa in 8days from Nigeria and got a 10years visitor visa In Canada.

Remember there’s no such thing as too many documentation, you are literally writing to a human being that will not ask you question or respond back to until they have concluded their process (Decision).

Take your time to explain your funds available to you as much as you can, it doesn’t matter if you have 4 Million or 120 Million Naira , if your explanation is not tight enough, your visa can be refused based on generic reasons.

Remember this VO doesn’t trust you, you have to build up trust by adding extra ordinary proof to every of your statement you make.

Omo Canada Hard o!!!
Better come with knowledge, skills or money or you go suffer eh, e go be like say make you D*e but you no go gree d*e

BEST OF LUCK!!!
Can i get in touch with you sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frony1: 7:25pm On Jun 05
In my opinion, you can use the valuation report if you have it but if you don’t , you can still use the other documents that you have, it all depends on the strength of your application and how important your land is in supporting your economic cum home ties . Your writing skill and other documentation can make the difference. Some people didn’t even use landed properties to get PPR. It all depends on the strength of your application and the critical role it has to play in it for you . If your landed property is one of your major proof for economic cum home ties according to how you have arranged your application, then getting a valuation report becomes crucial.

MarksmanD:
Must you evaluate any of the properties you want to use as home ties? Can I just submit the land documents and do a rough estimate of the valuation?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Anthony223: 7:32pm On Jun 05
ppr Alert 💃💃💃💃

I got the ppr Request now
First time applicant! Thank you @Zubizareta for everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:46pm On Jun 05
kasie1:
Please paying 1 semester tuition fees for a 2 years masters program is it enough for someone traveling with a family of 4?
POF is not a problem but hubby said he just want to pay 10k CAD out of about 19k total 1 year tuition. MSc is 2 years and he intend submitting for all of us. Please help

Since you said POF is indeed available then I will advise you pay 1 full year. This will go a long way to demonstrate full availability of your funds especially as you plan to go with the whole family. Also don't forget to show proper documents for source of the funds

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bentricks: 7:53pm On Jun 05
zubizareta:

Since you said POF is indeed available then I will advise you pay 1 full year. This will go a long way to demonstrate full availability of your funds especially as you plan to go with the whole family. Also don't forget to show proper documents for source of the funds
what if your visa is approved without paying the whole first year tuition fee. will you have a problem at the point of entry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bentricks: 7:54pm On Jun 05
kfcinfo:

This is flexible can i know what school this is
UNF and they have high rate of acceptance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Crystalgirl: 8:11pm On Jun 05
The sales agreement is the sales receipt, cos it’s an ancestral inherited land in my hometown. So the memorandum of customary sale documents serves as the sales receipt. Thanks alot

frony1:
What about the sales receipt? I feel the documents you have can serve . This is my opinion though.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05
Bentricks:
what if your visa is approved without paying the whole first year tuition fee. will you have a problem at the point of entry?

No. At POE, just present receipt of tuition deposit you have paid. Then hold evidence of your funds in your acct just incase you are asked to show it. It's at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bentricks: 10:16pm On Jun 05
zubizareta:

No. At POE, just present receipt of tuition deposit you have paid. Then hold evidence of your funds in your acct just incase you are asked to show it. It's at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
okay, thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 11:02pm On Jun 05
Lethbridge College

freshStarz:
Good afternoon guys

Please which Canadian college has a deposit of about $1k cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mayrhe: 11:07pm On Jun 05
What's the initial deposit the school required Its the initial deposit on Acceptance letter that is compulsory, he can balance up the rest later

kasie1:

Thanks for your response but my reason of going with him is to support him as I'll have SOWP and work full time.
We actually have enough money and also intend to sell off some properties after we must have secured visa.
I'm only interested in knowing if one semester tuition and enough POF can give us visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 11:13pm On Jun 05
Thanks

frony1:
In my opinion, you can use the valuation report if you have it but if you don’t , you can still use the other documents that you have, it all depends on the strength of your application and how important your land is in supporting your economic cum home ties . Your writing skill and other documentation can make the difference. Some people didn’t even use landed properties to get PPR. It all depends on the strength of your application and the critical role it has to play in it for you . If your landed property is one of your major proof for economic cum home ties according to how you have arranged your application, then getting a valuation report becomes crucial.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 11:13pm On Jun 05
I just replied your message
milkay:

Oh I could find it. Could you please resend it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Manlikethomas: 11:26pm On Jun 05
JMG12:
The next step is to prepare your documents and submit your study permit, make sure you have the required funds and proof of the source, and work on home ties.
hello good day, I just booked biometric appointment for tomorrow, but I have not printed out my biometric letter and appointment letter.is it possible to do that at the venue or I should just reschedule appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jeboy(m): 12:11am On Jun 06
Appreciate.

Bobomaigida:

This should fly, the key is to have funding sources that will be used to repay the loan as they fall due. Since you are self sponsored, you need to look for a way to explain how you will keep on getting funds to repay the loan without recourse to working in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abigbo: 5:47am On Jun 06
Yes u can do that at the venue.

Manlikethomas:
hello good day, I just booked biometric appointment for tomorrow, but I have not printed out my biometric letter and appointment letter.is it possible to do that at the venue or I should just reschedule appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 7:57am On Jun 06
Khamon:
Hi guys, please can anyone suggest Universities that offer Masters in Project Management in Canada for me. I want to apply for January batch

You can Google schools that offer Msc in project management, bro. You still haven't applied for January intake? Is good to apply early.

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (506) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Crystalgirl and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.