Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,427 members, 7,923,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 11:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (542572 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 11:42pm On Jun 13
Greetings guys

Please how can I get a job in Canada while living in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NwamakaHalie(f): 9:31am On Jun 14
Good morning everyone….. pls is IRCC number thesame as UCI number or how do I find my IRCC number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Marcgrace: 10:55am On Jun 14
Hello@ Ajebogirl
Thank you so much!

Ajebogirl:

** Introduce yourself
** Why you chose your course of study
** Your future goals and how it relates to your course of study
** Why did you choose the school
** Why did you choose Canada
** Your home ties
** Financial establishment

These are the few I can remember.

In all, tell your story, and be sincere with it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Deeegbee: 2:56pm On Jun 14
SHORT LET Accommodation in Calgary, Alberta.

I’m offering short term accommodation (few days to some weeks or months) to any student, visitor or PR landing in Calgary, Alberta.

My home is located at the City Centre with only 10 mins drive to both the University of Calgary and Bow Valley College in Downtown Calgary.

Just 14 mins drive to ABM College in NE Calgary, 15 mins drive to SAIT and 8 mins drive to Mount Royal University.

I can also offer to pick you up from Calgary International Airport for free. You can shoot me a mail at dee.egbee@gmail.com for bookings or chat me up on 0814450073.4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ibcircuit: 3:21pm On Jun 14
Please House ,

Is NIN necessary during visa application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flipmac(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14
Ajebogirl:

** Introduce yourself
** Why you chose your course of study
** Your future goals and how it relates to your course of study
** Why did you choose the school
** Why did you choose Canada
** Your home ties
** Financial establishment

These are the few I can remember.

In all, tell your story, and be sincere with it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flipmac(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14
Hey guys,
I intend traveling for a 2 year diploma to Canada. It's a computer related course.

I have received my PAL.

Now I'm writing my Statement of Purpose.

As we all know, they'll want you to show strong ties to your home country to convince them that you'll be coming back after completing your studies.

Since it's a computer related course, I was thinking of narrating in my Statement of Purpose that my dad owns a computer institute and I'll be coming back after my studies to establish it.

My dad doesn't own a computer institute. I just thought I should add that narrative to show strong ties to my home country in order to better my chances of getting the visa.

To people who have experience in US/Canada visa processing, I have some questions:

Is this a good idea? Will they ask me of proof of my dad owning a computer institute?

Any response at will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Icekidg: 5:44pm On Jun 14
Hi Flipmac
I got accepted into a College for the program starting in September.. the school in the admission letter mentioned to pay a tuition deposit which I have paid and now they said i have to wait for my PAL Provincial Attestation Letter and it’s been 2wks now, since you have received yours i wanted to ask how long did it take you to get yours?

Thank you

Flipmac:
Hey guys,
I intend traveling for a 2 year diploma to Canada. It's a computer related course.

I have received my PAL.

As we all know, they'll want you to show strong ties to your home country to convince them that you'll be coming back after completing your studies.

Since it's a computer related course, I was thinking of narrating in my Statement of Purpose that my dad owns a computer institute and I'll be coming back after my studies to establish it.

My dad doesn't own a computer institute. I just thought I should add that narrative to show strong ties to my home country in order to better my chances of getting the visa.

To people who have experience in US/Canada visa processing, I have some questions:

Is this a good idea? Will they ask me of proof of my dad owning a computer institute?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flipmac(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14
Icekidg:
Hi Flipmac
I got accepted into a College for the program starting in September.. the school in the admission letter mentioned to pay a tuition deposit which I have paid and now they said i have to wait for my PAL Provincial Attestation Letter and it’s been 2wks now, since you have received yours i wanted to ask how long did it take you to get yours?

Thank you

Hi. It took about 2 - 3 weeks before I got my PAL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 6:55pm On Jun 14
Flipmac:
Hey guys,

I have received my PAL.

If you claim your dad has an Institiute, how do you plan to prove it?
This is not advisable, to prove your hometies you can use
- Your parents and siblings in Nigeria
- Your present work or occupation
- Your membership of unions or associations
- Your romantic partner if you have any.

You need to explain how these people/things are an integral part of your life that you will miss and will be looking forward to reuniting with.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 9:12pm On Jun 14
Don't declaim what you can't defend with documents. There are other ways to prove home ties instead of declaring what you can't defend with a document.
Flipmac:
Hey guys,

I have received my PAL.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zihno: 1:20am On Jun 15
Hello Fam,

Please for someone with NCE and close to 10years teaching experience, what study options are available to them? Can they apply to graduate certificate/diploma program as the requirements is almost always complete of a 2/3 year diploma? Has anyone gone through this route before?

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flipmac(m): 3:50am On Jun 15
Bobomaigida:

If you claim your dad has an Institiute, how do you plan to prove it?
This is not advisable, to prove your hometies you can use
- Your parents and siblings in Nigeria
- Your present work or occupation
- Your membership of unions or associations
- Your romantic partner if you have any.

You need to explain how these people/things are an integral part of your life that you will miss and will be looking forward to reuniting with.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flipmac(m): 3:53am On Jun 15
JMG12:
Don't declaim what you can't defend with documents. There are other ways to prove home ties instead of declaring what you can't defend with a document.

Thanks for your response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ayomilore: 6:52am On Jun 15
PPR first time applicant for my wife.
Passport stamped and collected.

Special thanks to God and Zubizareta for a well detailed SOP and proper review of all her documents.

Timeline:
Application submitted May 2nd 2024
PPR May 29th 2024.
Passport collected June 13th 2024.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Icekidg: 12:35pm On Jun 15
Flipmac:

Hi. It took about 2 - 3 weeks before I got my PAL.
Thanks For Your reply, I’m entering my Third week so Fingers crossed expecting this week or next by God’s grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kachi10000(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15
ayomilore:
PPR first time applicant for my wife.
Passport stamped and collected.

Special thanks to God and Zubizareta for a well detailed SOP and proper review of all her documents.

Timeline:
Application submitted May 2nd 2024
PPR May 29th 2024.
Passport collected June 13th 2024.

Congratulations boss.. seems canada visa time-line recently has been 4 to 5 weeks.. most of the ppr are recently following this trend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NELO779: 1:09pm On Jun 15
Good Afternoon everyone,

Does the average processing time includes the time it takes to get a notification for medicals,PPR and visa

I'm asking because I went for biometrics since April 3rd and it's been 10 weeks and I've not gotten any response..

Please someone should help me explain the true meaning of the average processing time on IRCC website.

Thank you all for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zihno: 1:34pm On Jun 15
Zihno:
Hello Fam,

Please for someone with NCE and close to 10years teaching experience, what study options are available to them? Can they apply to graduate certificate/diploma program as the requirements is almost always complete of a 2/3 year diploma? Has anyone gone through this route before?

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MizMyColi(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15
Ajebogirl:
It's PPR

This can only be God.

Application submitted May 11
I did upfront medicals April 23
Biometrics has been done since last year.
PPR June 12

Honestly, this can only be God helping me, because the documents I submitted were too simple.

Thank you to everyone that gave insights and ideas here too. I am grateful for your help

Congratulations!

I hope your journey here is fruitful and massively successful.
I wanted to ask, about upfront medical, can one do it after submitting an application?
Did you raise a webform to submit it or it automatically reflected in your account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15
You can apply for a diploma program.

Zihno:
Hello Fam,

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by waleayeni1: 4:39pm On Jun 15
Dear Fam, if you have left the shores of this country please do me the honor of filling my questionnaire. I am creating tailor made services that are cheap for you. https://forms.office.com/r/xPHw4qBg3d
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zihno: 5:40pm On Jun 15
Wonder1844:
You can apply for a diploma program.

Thank you for your response, but I’m looking at Graduate certificate programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajoself(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15
Hello house, Pls a Prof who promised to be my supervisor forgot to recommend me for the fall session. However, he apologized and told to apply for winter 2025. I have done that and he has recommended me to the admission committee. Is it possible to get my visa process done before January 2025?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:45pm On Jun 15
Ajoself:
Hello house, Pls a Prof who promised to be my supervisor forgot to recommend me for the fall session. However, he apologized and told to apply for winter 2025. I have done that and he has recommended me to the admission committee. Is it possible to get my visa process done before January 2025?

Yes, very possible. It is even to your advantage. Gives you enough time to gather your docs and apply and for IRCC to process.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by rash47(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15
Huzzy12:

Hello chief...pls I messaged u on the other thread about 'secondment '. Pls can you drop your mobile here, I want to an important discussion with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 10:16pm On Jun 15
Good day everyone, my wife was just denied today reason giving is insufficient fund, I’m just weak because no work now to spend money like before.

It is well, sir. Put yourself together.There will be another way out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jeboy(m): 5:15am On Jun 16
While I agree with you that it is not ideal to claim a situation you cannot defend the ask here is NOT for proof of hometie but proof of Purpose.

Probing Purpose cones first before hometies because even if you are worth over 200 million naira and all the people in your village are your parents and siblings...if your purpose isn't strong you will be rejected. Purpose determines the first reason why you should be considered for the admission so it is very strong.

What he can do here is to approach someone who has an IT company let him get a backdated offer of employment letter with the companys letter head for an entry level IT role and back it up with salary payment to your account which you will also print that you work there. At least 2 months salary payment evidence before you apply.

Also include Leave of absence that shows your employer support your study abroad detailing how it is going to help the company and that your job is guaranteed when you return back. This letter must be written by the company HR or MD. That's how to improve your purpose for applying for the course. This is what I have used before that works. I come in peace.

Also be ready for the HR or MD to be emailed in case there will be need to prove.

JMG12:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ajebogirl: 10:38am On Jun 16
MizMyColi:

Congratulations!

I hope your journey here is fruitful and massively successful.
I wanted to ask, about upfront medical, can one do it after applying?
Did you raise a webform to submit it or is it automatically reflected in your account?

Thank you.
I did my medicals two weeks before submitting my application. With all that I have seen here, you can do your medicals before or after submitting your application. Your result will be sent to IRCC.

If you submit your application before doing medicals, I think you will need to raise a web form and submit the document given to you by the medical centre.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:12pm On Jun 16
Jeboy:
While I agree with you that it is not ideal to claim a situation you cannot defend the ask here is NOT for proof of hometie but proof of Purpose.

Probing Purpose cones first before hometies because even if you are worth over 200 million naira and all the people in your village are your parents and siblings...if your purpose isn't strong you will be rejected. Purpose determines the first reason why you should be considered for the admission so it is very strong.

What he can do here is to approach someone who has an IT company let him get a backdated offer of employment letter with the companys letter head for an entry level IT role and back it up with salary payment to your account which you will also print that you work there. At least 2 months salary payment evidence before you apply.

Also include Leave of absence that shows your employer support your study abroad detailing how it is going to help the company and that your job is guaranteed when you return back. This letter must be written by the company HR or MD. That's how to improve your purpose for applying for the course. This is what I have used before that works. I come in peace.

Also be ready for the HR or MD to be emailed in case there will be need to prove.

The information you dropped here is too much for public consumption especially for a country that has actively been doing all they can do to reduce temporary migration into their country. One have to be smart with the kind of sensitive information dropped here.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Myjoyishere: 1:18pm On Jun 16
Ajebogirl:
It's PPR

This can only be God.

Application submitted May 11
I did upfront medicals April 23
Biometrics has been done since last year.
PPR June 12

Honestly, this can only be God helping me, because the documents I submitted were too simple.

Thank you to everyone that gave insights and ideas here too. I am grateful for your help

congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 3:06pm On Jun 16
Jeboy:

On top of the creativity ,Excluding the most relevants that will destroy the application..it is not ideal to claim a situation you cannot defend
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (541) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Thread for South Korea prospective students

Viewing this topic: matinero, BeastOfNoTribe and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.