Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,210 members, 7,963,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (600175 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daaaz0409: 5:59am On Jul 21
JMG12:
You can show a pension statement just proof that he still earns from the govt.
thank you sir.
So when I’m redoing my application should I still put tution for two years or just one year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Edrick: 10:18am On Jul 21
Hi guys, good morning. Please are gift deeds in place of parents account statements still accepted for POF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 3:12pm On Jul 21
Good day guys
Can I register my side hustle farm few weeks to my visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 8:00pm On Jul 21
Popson09:
Good day guys
Can I register my side hustle farm few weeks to my visa application
Hi Popson09,

Registering your business shortly before submitting your application might be perceived as an effort to enhance a successful study permit application. Nonetheless, it is still a necessary step as a business owner.

I recommend submitting transaction receipts, invoices, association IDs, and other documents that demonstrate your business operations predating the issuance of your CAC. This will help establish a credible record of past months/years of business activities.

Wishing you good luck with your application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SOPWriter: 8:32pm On Jul 21
Edrick:
Hi guys, good morning. Please are gift deeds in place of parents account statements still accepted for POF?
Hi Edrick,

Yes, a gift deed is an acceptable proof of funds. However, the person gifting you the money must also provide evidence of the SOF and demonstrate their financial capability to make such a gift.

So, it's not just about the gift, it also involves where the gift is coming from and from whom.

Wishing you good luck with your application, My Friend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 9:03pm On Jul 21
SOPWriter:
Hi Popson09,

Registering your business shortly before submitting your application might be perceived as an effort to enhance a successful study permit application. Nonetheless, it is still a necessary step as a business owner.

I recommend submitting transaction receipts, invoices, association IDs, and other documents that demonstrate your business operations predating the issuance of your CAC. This will help establish a credible record of past months/years of business activities.

Wishing you good luck with your application.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by abbeybiodun: 7:31am On Jul 22
Good day. Please anyone going to Conestoga this September? Let’s link up. Need accommodation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CRUISEBABE(f): 9:19am On Jul 22
Good day
Please anybody going to Cambrian college this October, lets link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Darammliveth(m): 10:07am On Jul 22
Hello, is anyone here schooling in University Canada West? Please I want to know the cost of house rent in Vancouver downtown and it environs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:53pm On Jul 22
Use tuition for two years, often a two-year budget is highly recommended.
Daaaz0409:
thank you sir.
So when I’m redoing my application should I still put tution for two years or just one year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Deeegbee: 12:55pm On Jul 22
Darammliveth:
Hello, is anyone here schooling in University Canada West? Please I want to know the cost of house rent in Vancouver downtown and it environs.

No go there unless you are heavily loaded with $$$$.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shinaxurdick: 2:31pm On Jul 22
Good day everyone,

Please i need your advice,

My flight to canada is 3rd of sept and i will arrive on 4th of sept however my program start date is 3rd sept,

Someone booked the flight for me last month without confirming my program start date. I checked the flight site to modify the traveling date but I can’t afford the price considering all the expenses i have already incurred and also future expenses in Canada.

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this before and what i might likely to meet at port of entry also at school when i finally resume.

Sincere answer would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Swaggu002015: 3:22pm On Jul 22
Hello guys, I graduated with 2.99/4.0 from the department of political science. What are my chances of getting admitted to PGD or MSc political science at Memorial University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Yemires007(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22
Good afternoon! I'm having issues with the IOM website. I'm trying to book an appointment, but the 'Select Appointment' button isn't working. I'm using Google Chrome. Could you please help me with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kasie1(f): 7:23pm On Jul 22
Please gurus in the house. My family study permit visa is 825CAD and I have 610 USD in my UBA prepaid dollar card which I believe can submit the application but is saying "insufficient fund for -618.93"
Does it mean I needed to have up to 618.93 USD?
Is 825 CAD equivalent to 618.93 USD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 7:49pm On Jul 22
If you're in Lagos, just send an email to their Lagos email address (iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int) to book an appointment. I had an issue when I tried to book with them till I called their support team and I was told to send a mail to that address telling them you want to book for an appointment. They replied in less than 24 hours.

Yemires007:
Good afternoon! I'm having issues with the IOM website. I'm trying to book an appointment, but the 'Select Appointment' button isn't working. I'm using Google Chrome. Could you please help me with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mpfreaks: 8:03pm On Jul 22
Good day everyone.

Pls I need help and insights on next steps.
I applied for CIMT college Canada for PSW ( 6 months course) and I got admission with instructions to pay 550 cad that when acceptance letter will be issued. Have paid the 550 cad and acceptance letter is issued and I need guidelines on what next to do. Thought have been denied visitor visa before so I got my biometrics. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by regionalbb24: 8:11pm On Jul 22
Please can I make bank transfer for IOM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by chrisifeanyi: 8:23pm On Jul 22
mpfreaks:
Good day everyone.

I applied for CIMT college Canada for PSW ( 6 months course) and I got admission with instructions to pay 550 cad that when acceptance letter will be issued. Have paid the 550 cad and acceptance letter is issued and I need guidelines on what next to do. Thought have been denied visitor visa before so I got my biometrics. Thanks

Are you aware that CIMT does not offer PGWP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 8:57pm On Jul 22
Yes. They'll send you a Standard Charted bank account number.
regionalbb24:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mpfreaks: 10:09pm On Jul 22
chrisifeanyi:

Are you aware that CIMT does not offer PGWP?

I got to know late, but all good Sha. What do I do next pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hoelujohn: 10:26pm On Jul 22
mpfreaks:
Good day everyone.

Congratulations bro.welcome to Canada.
You are an inch close
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by mpfreaks: 10:53pm On Jul 22
Hoelujohn:

Congratulations bro.welcome to Canada.
You are an inch close

I claimed it ooo. I need guidelines pls.

How much is proof of fund i need to submit for a 6months course.

Tuition fee is 9000cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 12:54am On Jul 23
mpfreaks:

Tuition fee is 9000cad

You cannot be issued a study permit without PAL(Provincial Attestation Letter).

Your school, CIMT is ineligible to offer you PAL.

Applying for study permit without PAL from outside Canada is an automatic rejection

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zane2point4(m): 3:52am On Jul 23
Maria96:
this is one example. If you go on Nigerians in Canada instagram page there are more. If you choose to come to Canada as a student. Come with at least half of that POF. Some of the ladies have resorted to semi olosho work( sex in exchange for accommodation).

You’re very right, i left last year to Edmonton and am doing fine now, paying my tuition with the work i secured,buh i was okay because i travelled with money, and was comfortable til i got work, those complaining went with zero naira expectating miracle to happen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hoelujohn: 3:54am On Jul 23
mpfreaks:

Tuition fee is 9000cad

6 months course? Was it an agent that helped you to apply? I hope it's not scam sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 4:41am On Jul 23
What people are trying to tell you is that you won't get a visa due to the school that admitted you. It's not a DLI(Designated Learning Institution) institution and you won't be given a PAL(Provincial Attestation Letter) for your study visa application process. You also can't get a Post Graduate Work Permit. What you should do now is to ask the school to refund your deposit. Go on Google, search for DLI institutions in Canada. Click on any of the websites you see in the search result, and apply to any of the schools you see on that list. When you get admitted to any of those schools on the DLI list, you can come back here and ask questions on how to be guided in your study visa application.

mpfreaks:

Tuition fee is 9000cad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:49am On Jul 23
mpfreaks:
Good day everyone.

What you need is visitor visa for courses not more than 6 months. Without PAL..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CRUISEBABE(f): 8:11am On Jul 23
Yemires007:

It happened to me also
Just send them a mail, they respond immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CRUISEBABE(f): 8:13am On Jul 23
regionalbb24:

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shinaxurdick: 8:14am On Jul 23
Good day everyone,

Please i need your advice,

My flight to canada is 3rd of sept and i will arrive on 4th of sept however my program start date is 3rd sept,

Someone booked the flight for me last month without confirming my program start date. I checked the flight site to modify the traveling date but I can’t afford the price considering all the expenses i have already incurred and also future expenses in Canada.

I just want to know if anyone has experienced this before and what i might likely to meet at port of entry also at school when i finally resume.

Sincere answer would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by hilariouscandy(m): 9:21am On Jul 23
Good morning guys. Pls my sister applied to Okanagan college and they have denied her application and I will like to confirm if she can reapply while using the first payment for the new application ? Or she should ask for a refund before reapplying? I don’t mind if anyone can be of help to guide us through pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (569) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.