Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,439 members, 7,947,810 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (578960 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (559) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OrusNairaforum: 11:59am On Aug 08
Hello gurus in the house yesterday I received a mail from UCW expected to be My LOA, but attached was a said preparatory course termed MBA foundations so pls has anyone received and can clearify Me on what this means?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 2:19pm On Aug 08
cherryosa1:
Good day everyone, quick question please, I’m in Canada already and my study permit is suppose to expire by December, but I got into my main program now, and co-op letter was attached to my program, the question is; can I send my new admission letter and the co-op letter to IRCC through webform for it to be updated, or should I just apply for a study permit extension with this new admission letter and co-op letter now, even though my permit will expire December and I need to extend by November?
If you are not changing DLI apply for study permit extension now..it can take upto 5 months to receive new study permit in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kennykentipsy: 2:56pm On Aug 08
Hi everyone

I'm askin on behalf of a friend. She need information on how to obtain Police clearance certificate urgently while not in Nigeria.

What document does she need?
How long does it take?
Cost?

Would appreciate any information. The last time I did mine was before I left to Canada in 2015 and I'm clueless about how it done now

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by cherryosa1: 5:07pm On Aug 08
Predator188:

If you are not changing DLI apply for study permit extension now..it can take upto 5 months to receive new study permit in canada.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by cherryosa1: 5:07pm On Aug 08
JMG12:
Please check the new policy based on changing DLI and program, for applicants inside of Canada if you need an extension or to apply for SP

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by cherryosa1: 5:08pm On Aug 08
bullstriker:
If your study permit validity is less than the program’s duration, apply for a study permit extension and coop work permit.

If your study permit validity is the same or more than the program’s duration, apply for a coop work permit only. No action is required concerning the study permit since you are attending same school.

Thank you will do that immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 5:26pm On Aug 08
Police clearance certificate isn't compulsory for a study visa. Mark Miller has stated this. Your friend can apply without it. If she still insists you can do it online and they'll forward the PDF copy to your email.
kennykentipsy:
Hi everyone

I'm askin on behalf of a friend. She need information on how to obtain Police clearance certificate urgently while not in Nigeria.

What document does she need?
How long does it take?
Cost?

Would appreciate any information. The last time I did mine was before I left to Canada in 2015 and I'm clueless about how it done now

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 6:05pm On Aug 08
Hi everyone

I'm askin on behalf of a friend. His visa application was refused today and is all about finances.

His going for a one year program at Fanshawe College, paid $12k out of $19k CAS tuition fee.

He submitted his Father USD and Pounds account with a closing balance of over $40k USD.

Kindly advise the steps on how to apply for GCMS note, so he can do that and reapply.

His program is for January 2025.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Godsown88: 6:08pm On Aug 08
Please do banks still grant BTA or how do one change naira to foreign currency as an international student. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Doladollz: 6:21pm On Aug 08
harmonyedu:
Hi everyone

I'm askin on behalf of a friend. His visa application was refused today and is all about finances.

His going for a one year program at Fanshawe College, paid $12k out of $19k CAS tuition fee.

He submitted his Father USD and Pounds account with a closing balance of over $40k USD.

Kindly advise the steps on how to apply for GCMS note, so he can do that and reapply.

His program is for January 2025.

Thanks
I’m so sorry about this. Please what’s the reason for the refusal and when did he submit his application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by KellyTech007: 6:39pm On Aug 08
Hello Anyone going to North West College North Battle ford Saskatchewan ? Those that have gotten their admission / acceptance letter for January 2025 Intake. Please signify or DM

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Essential01: 6:51pm On Aug 08
HELLO.
WHO HAS GOTTEN APPROVAL RECENTLY?
THIS PLACE HAS BEEN DRY LATELY

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by NewAjala(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08
Just want to ask, can one travel with family if going for a diploma program in a college, even if the partner is not allowed to work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adajulien: 7:36pm On Aug 08
Please can someone help me with IRCC email address please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Hoelujohn: 7:39pm On Aug 08
NewAjala:
Just want to ask, can one travel with family if going for a diploma program in a college, even if the partner is not allowed to work.
Sure. VV

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Patricknetter: 8:40pm On Aug 08
Hello house,
Please, when is the best time to apply for asylum in canada can you also apply/change your status to asylum when you are done with school.
What is the chances of you been approved during your hearing in the court by that time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Patricknetter: 8:42pm On Aug 08
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Patricknetter: 8:43pm On Aug 08
Essential01:
HELLO.
WHO HAS GOTTEN APPROVAL RECENTLY?
THIS PLACE HAS BEEN DRY LATELY
What place?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Patricknetter: 8:46pm On Aug 08
Adajulien:
Please can someone help me with IRCC email address please
That is one of their email.

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Adajulien: 9:46pm On Aug 08
Thanks alot God bless you
Patricknetter:

That is one of their email.

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ronzy1990(m): 10:14pm On Aug 08
Good day every one. Please is it true that dependants can no longer accompany one for study to Canada for program outside Masters or Ph.D?

I just got admission into a 2-year diploma program in Canada and I have dependants

Please help with a response if you know

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zihno: 10:32pm On Aug 08
Patricknetter:
Hello house,
Please, when is the best time to apply for asylum in canada can you also apply/change your status to asylum when you are done with school.
What is the chances of you been approved during your hearing in the court by that time

Na wa for you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 11:47pm On Aug 08
Boss, you have been in Canada for more than 2 years. Is there a reason why you want to apply for an asylum?
Patricknetter:
Hello house,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ednut1(m): 12:08am On Aug 09
MarksmanD:
Boss, you have been in Canada for more than 2 years. Is there a reason why you want to apply for an asylum?
common reasons- cant afford the tuition due to arrangee pof used for application, high cost of living, scarcity of job/ shift and inability to save.

Inability to get PR after expiration of post graduate work permit. Students in Canada right now are about 1.8m, total economic PR slots per year about 500k plus. Many wont be able to get PR.

Canada of pre covid is not the Canada of now as regards student visa/ ease of PR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Duchess102: 7:25am On Aug 09
I booked appointment with Abuja center on 6th, to give biometrics on 12th August, what will be my faith, will I need to cancel the appointment if the strike exceed.

damyzel:
Good day people,

Please is anybody able to book biometrics with VFS global as of today. August 7. i saw the below on there website.

The canada Visa Application centres in Abuja and Lagos will be closed until further notice.

Please any new about VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by lastkingsman: 7:26am On Aug 09
ednut1:
common reasons- cant afford the tuition due to arrangee pof used for application, high cost of living, scarcity of job/ shift and inability to save.

Inability to get PR after expiration of post graduate work permit. Students in Canada right now are about 1.8m, total economic PR slots per year about 500k plus. Many wont be able to get PR.

Canada of pre covid is not the Canada of now as regards student visa/ ease of PR.

Make them take advantage of the new care PR route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Duchess102: 7:37am On Aug 09
Were you unable to book
damyzel:
Good day people,

Please is anybody able to book biometrics with VFS global as of today. August 7. i saw the below on there website.

The canada Visa Application centres in Abuja and Lagos will be closed until further notice.

Please any new about VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:46am On Aug 09
Ronzy1990:
Good day every one. Please is it true that dependants can no longer accompany one for study to Canada for program outside Masters or Ph.D?

I just got admission into a 2-year diploma program in Canada and I have dependants

Please help with a response if you know

Thanks

True, only students studying Masters, PhD and some specialized courses can come with their spouses who will be allowed to work. Other students can come with their spouse on VV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Essential01: 8:46am On Aug 09
Patricknetter:

What place?

I MEAN THIS THREAD. HAVENT SEEN PPR TESTIMONIES LATELY

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ronzy1990(m): 8:54am On Aug 09
Bobomaigida:

True, only students studying Masters, PhD and some specialized courses can come with their spouses who will be allowed to work. Other students can come with their spouse on VV.
Oh wow. Thanks so much for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Duchess102: 8:59am On Aug 09
I am in the same situation as you. But I think is better to wait till day 25th before sending a web form. They might open their centers soon
GuyInTheMirror:

Thank you.
So it means I should raise a web form explaining why I cant meet up with the 30 day deadline for biometrics right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by GuyInTheMirror: 9:05am On Aug 09
Duchess102:
I am in the same situation as you. But I think is better to wait till day 25th before sending a web form. They might open their centers soon
The centre is not closed, someone has confirmed that they are opened.

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (559) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: Putin007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.