Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,678 members, 7,962,188 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (597991 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (Reply)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 11:40pm On Sep 29
gaeul:
Don’t discourage people, 70% of international student pay 50-100% of fees working here. The fees are extremely high to begin with. How many people have that sitting in their account. If you have the money fine but all one need to study abroad is the will not even money…
This is practically impossible to pay 100% tuition fees, unless you work full-time per week upto 40 hours per week and plus overtime during holiday time, some companies pay more for working overtime, that is 1.5 times the regular hourly wages and resides in province where housing is cheap not possible currently with 20 hours per week...I know some students paying tuition fees without 3rd party support but not doing well in competitive courses,some have no choice than to change courses..They can also file income tax coming year get some money back from cra add to pocket money..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 1:18am
Tayosteve:

Good evening, we are in the same shoes. Please can I get more clarification for this study permit application November 1 restriction for NBCC. I'll like fo know if this applies to people that chose a shortage course i.e their course can fly for PGWP. I got admitted for PGD in International Business. I'm anticipating your response please, thanks.
It is only applicable for those applying for pgwp on or after November 1,pgwp will be linked to labour shortage in canada..
They will reduce pgwp duration to programs not in demand in canada..
It can include your program as it is not a labour shortage program in canada and you are at public college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jeboy(m): 3:31am
I still believe you are exaggerating. Tell us how you paid 42k CAD in 20 months with student work (limited hours). Were you staying in a free house in Canada and you are not paying monthly. Note that you will not pay less than 600 to 700 CAD per month for a shared apartment ( the cheapest available) and thar alone is about 700 x 20 (14k CAD) aside feeding, transport, clothing and other basic bills.

You keep deceiving others for them to get entrapped and be at the mercy of asylum seeking or ircc refusing them pgwp due to overwork beyond stident limit.

This is not to discourage others but the best you can fund with a student job is your living expenses cost (not your tuition) that is when you even get a job and the 20hours shift.

Now a lot of student are refused pgwp by ircc cos they flouted the student working hours due to temptation to work more and meet up. Guys don't ruin your efforts. Plan your financing moderately and stop falling for this trap. The reality of Canada today has changed from the 2022/2023 and eatlier days. Even 24 hrs student work has been brought back to 20 hours because of student abuse. Our folks like abusing system they met decently.

gaeul:
I had some money when I went to Canada but my 42,000 sch fees was paid with working here with so many extra savings. Internship alone was $10,000 for 2 months. My program was 2yrs. I did monthly payment plan. I didn’t spend a penny from my Nigeria account. I just want to encourage someone that your will and determination is enough. You don’t have to seek asylum, you can get that degree with your will. Just don’t be Lazy, that’s all. Ask questions and surround yourself with positive people. Just to add, my program was 20months and the fees was paid monthly for 20months

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.