Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,005 members, 7,949,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. (389 Views)

Nairaland Management,all These LIKES You Are Marking From Your Control Office / LASG Assures Timely Completion Of Isuti Road / Timely Warning To Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Lama70(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
Recent events all over the world have seen a lot of media organisations repositioning, re-strategising and aligning with other media groups to further their business and professional interests. Sadly, the Nairaland platform has remained without any move in that direction.

Is it not befuddling that one of the oldest fora in Nigeria is sitting pretty and unperturbed in the face of such serious issue? Could this be as a result of over-confidence or simply a lack of business strategy that the current wave of development in the media world demands?

Generally, the forum is becoming uninteresting for various reasons. From politics to ethnic issues, there is so much to worry about. There are situations where two or more threads are created for one topic. Most disturbing is that the source of the news and contents remain similar. Are there no sanctions for such posters? If none, can't such news items be removed to maintain quality or standard?

Similarly, I have observed that the mods are just concerned and contented with dishing out bans to supposed offenders. I think the responsibility of a mod should go way beyond that alone.

Finally, I want to advice the management to be very conscious of the recent social media market tussle between Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg. You need a very urgent re-branding to position you strategically for the turbulent days ahead. It is inevitable in business. But you must be a jump ahead to avoid being caught off guard.

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by TemplarLandry: 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
Your criticism isn't constructive. You just shot blanks.
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by AbuAeesha: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
Seun just left the chat room.
As long as he is not running at loss.i don't think he cares.

While those mods won't change their ways.
I don't blame the mods Sha, they work with instructions.

1 Like

Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Lama70(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Your criticism isn't constructive. You just shot blanks.

This is no criticism but an observation. Respond with clear eyes, please.
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Lama70(m): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
AbuAeesha:
Seun just left the chat room.
As long as he is not running at loss.i don't think he cares.

While those mods won't change their ways.
I don't blame the mods Sha, they work with instructions.

I agree with you. But it's a ticking time bomb for social media business at this time.
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Odin13: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nairaland started wellโ€ฆ but bigots and olumo boys has taken over since 2015..

Each day the forum depreciates .. tell someone about Nairaland and get a long hiss..

Wtf

Kids has taken over .. na insult curse abuse Dey generate likes.. no sensible or constructive posts

2 Likes

Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Lama70(m): 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
Odin13:
Nairaland started wellโ€ฆ but bigots and olumo boys has taken over since 2015..

Each day the forum depreciates .. tell someone about Nairaland and get a long hiss..

Wtf

Kids has taken over .. na insult curse abuse Dey generate likes.. no sensible or constructive posts

And i hope the one who called my advice a criticism is reading.
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Heroicvic(m): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
Make Dem redesign the site

Build an app or something

Change the frontend and integrate ways to upload images and video faster

For like 10yrs now

Same design

Change the font... Total overhaul before thinking marketing

1 Like

Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Lama70(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Heroicvic:
Make Dem redesign the site

Build an app or something

Change the frontend and integrate ways to upload images and video faster

For like 10yrs now

Same design

Change the font... Total overhaul before thinking marketing

Exactly. Same layout. Same idea. Same system. Haba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by GiftedHands47(m): 12:02am On Jul 25, 2023
Would love to buy nairaland

But will oga seun sell for me ?
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by Lama70(m): 12:27am On Jul 25, 2023
GiftedHands47:
Would love to buy nairaland

But will oga seen sell for me ?

For where

I heard mtn wanted to buy it one time but he declined to sell.
Re: A Timely Warning To Nairaland Management. by aariwa(m): 1:16am On Jul 25, 2023
If a business and progress minded person had started Nairaland, today it would have been worth billions of dollars (not naira) . Nairaland started before Facebook, Instagram and twitter around 2005 and then there was virtually nothing or real social media platforms available in the online space. Middle and upper class youths from Diasporans, black Americans, Caribbeans etc were projecting Nairaland to be a unity point of all black people in the world (black people are estimated to be close a billion in the world) because then you cannot browse with phone except with laptops so anybody that could buy laptop in 2005 was comfortable relatively.That golden era of opportunity was lost because Seun didnโ€™t realize that God placed a billion dollar on his lap, maybe he belongs to school of thought that believe that wealth is in banks but not ideas. Compare okocha with some Brazilians . Okocha with all his talents saw ball joggling as just fun until close to end of his career when his eyes opened while Ronaldinho, rivaldo, adriano and co saw it as pure business from day one and made hundreds of millions of dollars from it. Nigerian home video was seen as only pure entertainment in the 80s until 1992 when Keneth Nnebue of NEK video links saw it as a business and that changed the face of that industry from penury to multi billion naira industry . There is a guy Okwudor BBC interviewed in anambra last year . He converts soak aways to biogass and generates cooking gas and electricity from that and if you call him today for his services he will give you a date in august because he is booked up and the list goes on and on . Nairaland lost the value of what it could have become when the owners of the platform allowed it to degenerate into an Avenue for tribal mud slinging from jobless, hungry and frustrated youths . Nobody in their right mind will invest in such business even for 5m naira

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"I Feel Your Pain": Tinubu Begs Nigerians To Be Patient With His Government / What Happened To The NLC protest? / Buhari Is Better Than Tinubu - Nigerians Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.