Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,958 members, 7,890,159 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:12 AM

Pig And Chicken Rearing - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig And Chicken Rearing (584 Views)

Hybrid Pig's And Piglets For Sale. Location Is Benue State / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pig And Chicken Rearing by saxokay(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good evening to everyone pls don't mind my write up.i been able to save 1m from my trycicle business,my Keke is still very neet but sincerely speaking I don't want to ride Keke beyond this year am planning to invest my 1m on pigry and poultry land is not a problem for pls for those that are in to this business hope am not about to go the wrong way? Or is there anything am supposed to know before I invested my money

1 Like

Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by IamAsiri: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2023
saxokay:
Good evening to everyone pls don't mind my write up.i been able to save 1m from my trycicle business,my Keke is still very neet but sincerely speaking I don't want to ride Keke beyond this year am planning to invest my 1m on pigry and poultry land is not a problem for pls for those that are in to this business hope am not about to go the wrong way? Or is there anything am supposed to know before I invested my money

You can still do both for a year just in case you have some financial challenges with your farm, so that you can still stay afloat. It is after you believe your farm is very much stable that you can then wind down the keke business to diversify into something else.
The keke, of course, will still be very useful for you in sourcing and packing of waste foods that can help you to reduce the cost of their feeding and in running of other errands for the farm.

1 Like

Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by sunbreaker: 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2023
I will advise you to go for pigry first, before you do that please go and learn the trick two months is not too much because this is the major reason that make many businesses fail when you venture into what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by saxokay(m): 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
[quote author=IamAsiri post=124642518]

You can still do both for a year just in case you have some financial challenges with your farm, so that you can still stay afloat. It is after you believe your farm is very much stable that you can then wind down the keke business to diversify into something else.
The keke, of course, will still be very useful for you in sourcing and packing of waste foods that can help you to reduce the cost of their feeding and in running of other errands for the farm.

Thanks for this advice sir

1 Like

Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by Hallams(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
Like someone above already advised, just run the two businesses simultaneously. Farming in Nigeria is becoming something else. For instance, Poultry Drugs, feeds and inputs are now very expensive, gluts happen occasionally and so you will need other sources of income to stay afloat. This is not to deter you but then 1m might not go far in establishing a pig and poultry farm unless you havestructures in place or maybe you can easily lease structures sha because building structures will take bulk of the startup capital. I wish you the best but don't quit the other job because of poultry and piggery
Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by FarmTech(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
Pls start small while riding your keke. Farming won't give u daily income and if you don't have experience it's very risky. So start small.

1 Like

Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by nickyvil: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2023
You can't do both with that kind of amount, there is no way with the said amount, you can build a successful and profitable pig farm in a year let alone including poultry, it depends on the area your living that will determined your choice of farming, you will need to first invest in either piggery or poultry but first where do you stay and one more thing, incubating egg is one of the best lucrative business in farm which can give you profit right away.
Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by bassdow: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2023
nickyvil:
You can't do both with that kind of amount, there is no way with the said amount, you can build a successful and profitable pig farm in a year let alone including poultry, it depends on the area your living that will determined your choice of farming, you will need to first invest in either piggery or poultry but first where do you stay and one more thing, incubating egg is one of the best lucrative business in farm which can give you profit right away.

Please you guys should really make OP understand that FEEDing PIGs, ain't like goats or even Cows.

Hopefully He's not being decieved by most nairaland posts that tells people PIGs could be fed with anything including wastes and left overs.

FEEDing alone, consumes over 70% of expenses on PIGs. Make we never enter competence and thefts that would arise because those extra Hands (including family members and some wives sef) you employ, would surely want to earn more than they're paid.

Nothing beats the Advantages of starting Small.

Set up the structure, start with like 4-Ladiess, 1-Guy, ensure you research on a suitable breed.

Then once all is set, just check them out in the mornings, ensure their foods, water, etc are in place, then you could go on with your KekeNapep business for the day and when you come back in the evening, you also go check that all is well, and equally replenish their Food and water, while taking note of anything else that might need your attension.

Ensure you have atleast 2 contacts of vets who are good in their field.

Ensure security is good else people could come steal them.

...and please, start with either PIGs or POULTRY, and not both at same time. Starting both at same time is like trying to START and RUN 2 professional programs at same time, rather than start one first, get settled in, then start the other

1 Like

Re: Pig And Chicken Rearing by PigInvestment12(f): 9:50pm On Feb 16
We have pigs for sale at ogijo after ikorodu pls call 08078113711

(1) (Reply)

Limestone For Feed Available In Ibadan / 2 Fairly Used Tractors For Sale / Healthy Ileya Rams & Cows Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.