Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,284 members, 7,904,212 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia (1249 Views)

Nigerian NFL Star Osi Umenyiora Weds Miss Universe 2011 - Lelie Lopes / Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! / Agbani Derago VS Leila Lopes; Who's More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by baskem(f): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2011
Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes visit to Indonesia has sparked controversy after allegations emerged that West Java Police paid the Angolan beauty Rp 750 million ($84,000) to attend an upcoming event.

Lopes is scheduled to crown the new Miss Indonesia during the pageant on Friday night but is now also expected to be a VIP guest at the anniversary of the West Java branch of Bhayangkari (Association of the Wives of the National Police). The appearance was reportedly made possible with the cooperation of Yayasan Putri Indonesia (YPI), the organizer of Miss Indonesia and the franchise license holder of all Miss Universe’s activities in the country, and an event organizer, Viseta Global Utama.

Read more »
Re: Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by Kunbee: 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2011
They should leave her alone
Re: Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by baskem(f): 9:27am On Oct 09, 2011
^^^dont mind the haters.
If she's not African, am sure 'they' won't go this extra miles to pull her down!
Re: Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by baskem(f): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
:-x
Re: Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by baskem(f): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
*UPDATE*: The Miss Universe Organisation is not investigating this as no official report has been lodged yet.

I think the organisation is also sick and tired of accusations flying around against her. our African Queen, don't worry, u'll be vindicated! sorry!
Re: Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by Nayah(f): 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
Wow what rumours about my fantastic sister, it seems some people are really mad about her crowning grin
Africa, my mother, my land my everything just love you no matter what
Re: Miss Universe Leila Lopes Walks Into Another Controversy In Indonesia by baskem(f): 11:22am On Oct 11, 2011
our current African Queen will surely be vindicated all through her reign!

(1) (Reply)

ARE NIGERIANS MEN THE MOST HANDSOME MEN IN AFRICA? / Happy Birthday To FRANK EDOHO / Photo-two Female NYSC Corps Members Set Ablaze In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.