Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,076 members, 7,946,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Does Anyone Know What's This? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Does Anyone Know What's This? (419 Views)

Does Anyone Know What Breed This Guy Is? / My Dog Is Slowly Crashing; I Don't Know What To Do / Does Anyone Know How This 6 Month Old Gsd Will Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know What's This? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 25, 2023
Found it on my flower this morning

Re: Does Anyone Know What's This? by brain54(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2023
You didn’t get a good shot…

But I think it a praying mantis!
Re: Does Anyone Know What's This? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2023
brain54:
You didn’t get a good shot…

But I think it a praying mantis!
Okay, it was still there and I took another shot. It kinda behave like a spider and another thing it is very hard to take it off a branch ones it grab it. It just keep going round the branch without falling off.

I took it back to the spot I picked it from after the pix.

Re: Does Anyone Know What's This? by brain54(m): 10:58am On Jul 25, 2023
Closest I can guess…

It belongs to the arachnid family.

But the particular one I cannot tell.

Maybe someone else will have your answer.

You can also try google search!
Re: Does Anyone Know What's This? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2023
brain54:
Closest I can guess…

It belongs to the arachnid family.

But the particular one I cannot tell.

Maybe someone else will have your answer.

You can also try google search!
Okay I did a reverse image search on got it.

Misumena vatia is a species of crab spider with a holarctic distribution. In North America, it is called the goldenrod crab spider or flower (crab) spider,[1] as it is commonly found hunting in goldenrod sprays and milkweed plants. They are called crab spiders because of their unique ability to walk sideways as well as forwards and backwards. Both males and females of this species progress through several molts before reaching their adult sizes, though females must molt more to reach their larger size. Females can grow up to 10 mm (0.39 in) while males are quite small, reaching 5 mm (0.20 in) at most. Misumena vatia are usually yellow or white or a pattern of these two colors. They may also present with pale green or pink instead of yellow, again, in a pattern with white. They have the ability to change between these colors based on their surroundings through the molting process. They have a complex visual system, with eight eyes, that they rely on for prey capture and for their color-changing abilities. Sometimes, if Misumena vatia consumes colored prey, the spider itself will take on that color.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know What's This? by Oluwafreshing(m): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
It's a spider, I remember I used to find the pink , white and greenish variants also back then.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fingerlings Juvenile And Breader Stock Available / Gsd Needed... / Pure Breed American Eskimo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.