Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,134 members, 7,949,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Rice Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Farming (287 Views)

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rice Farming by Aboguede(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
We started some rice farming and I will update the tread according to the journey.

At this stage, we have already done land preparations and we have also planted the rice. We planted a faro 44 rice variety.

The land is 5 plots 50by100 and it is a low land and has enough water retention.

We planted the rice directly to the soil and today is about 5 days since we planted and there has been rain about twice already

Re: Rice Farming by Sablexxxtoons: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Well done ,Please how did you go about preparing the land, i have never seen prep of wetland before.. i am coming into some wetlands soon so i am eager to learn
Aboguede:
We started some rice farming and I will update the tread according to the journey.

At this stage, we have already don't land preparations and we have also planted the rice. We planted a faro 44 rice variety.

The land is 5 plots 50by100 and it is a low land and has enough water retention.

We planted the rice directly to the soil and today is about 5 days since we planted and there has been rain about twice already
Re: Rice Farming by Aboguede(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
Well done ,Please how did you go about preparing the land, i have never seen prep of wetland before.. i am coming into some wetlands soon so i am eager to learn

The place was used for cucumber about two years ago and at the time I took the land, it was very bushy so I hired about 6 labourers to clear it and then after the clearing the we did the levelling and tilling.

From the photo u can see that there are lot of water in the land and that will help since we are not using controlled irrigation system rather we depend 9n rain and it is still july so many more rain expected at least till September. Though it is because of location and climate of this rigion which has enough rain even till November

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Supply Me Pig / Gods Own Venture Goods And Services / My Ridges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.