Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,150 members, 7,949,959 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

Bribery In Parenting! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bribery In Parenting! (149 Views)

The Use Of Technology In Parenting: Share Your View Here / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bribery In Parenting! by AMumAndMore(f): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
✍🏾 Is bribery really harmless when it comes to parenting?

A Briber's Story

I asked Nancy to start her homework. "Okay," she bargains, "but then I get to eat icecream."

"Can you please help me pick up the building blocks?" I ask Julian.

"Yes" he sighs heavily, adding, " only if I get to watch bluey till it's late"

All I wanted was to get these kids to the basic things, instead I've schooled my kids in the art of extortion.
According to family therapist, David Gruder, Bribery teaches children to expect rewards for basic behaviors.

Bribes rob kids of the opportunity to feel good for doing the right thing.

Dear Mamma,

Bribery may seem harmless, but in fact, it's not.

Their lecturers aren't going to reward for making attendance.

Their bosses aren't going to reward them for meeting their targets.

So why set them up for a difficult future?

If we intend to raise well grounded children, it's the seemingly minor things that count.

Say NO to parent-child bribery.
Love, Laugh, Learn, Lead and Live Life to the Fullest.

Stay Fabulous!
Re: Bribery In Parenting! by Dimaya: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Kids Fear You! / Say Goodbye To Excel And Others! / Clean Your Sofas And Get A Free Rug Wash. (ABUJA only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.