Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,117 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? (1757 Views)

Black November - Struggle for the Niger Delta Trailer (Jeta Amata) / "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata / 'Amazing Grace': The Movie By Jeta Amata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2011
Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make US Box Office?

Looking at Jeta Amata'a Black Gold that starred Billy Zane, Vivica Fox, Haekem Kae-Kazeem, Eric Roberts, Micael Madsen and Tom Sizemore, isn't that enough to make US box office? The film had 6 Hollywood actors and had some Hollywood production crew involved in it.

Can't such a film hit the states and be played in US cinemas? I keep wondering how much Black Gold was shot with? How would they make their money back?

However, if Black Gold didn't make US box office, what does it take to make a Nollywood movie make US box office as Mirror Boy made waves in the UK

Please I would love to get responses from informed Nairalanders.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? by iice(f): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
D list actors. Their names don't have enough pull.
Re: Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? by Orikinla(m): 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2011
[size=28pt]NO.[/size]
Re: Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? by DisGuy: 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2011
obongproff:

Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make US Box Office?

Looking at Jeta Amata'a Black Gold that starred Billy Zane, Vivica Fox, Haekem Kae-Kazeem, Eric Roberts, Micael Madsen and Tom Sizemore, isn't that enough to make US box office? The film had 6 Hollywood actors and had some Hollywood production crew involved in it.

Can't such a film hit the states and be played in US cinemas? I keep wondering how much Black Gold was shot with? How would they make their money back?

However, if Black Gold didn't make US box office, what does it take to make a Nollywood movie make US box office as Mirror Boy made waves in the UK

Please I would love to get responses from informed Nairalanders.

Thank you.

thought he was sponsored by Niger Delat government, they don't need a ROI in that region, flush with cash, just an acknowledgement is enough
Re: Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? by ozoemeka(m): 6:20am On Jul 01, 2013
iice: D list actors. Their names don't have enough pull.

Ije had more impact
Re: Did Jeta Amata's Black Gold Make Us Box Office? by VillageBoi(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2013
We talked a bit about the film in this thread (start from the middle of the page) - https://www.nairaland.com/1281804/half-yellow-sun-confirmed-nollywood/4

But the whole thread has very interesting industry talk/debate. Feel free to read from the very start.

By the way they are 'claiming' Black Gold had a budget of $12.5M... I don't actually believe that figure.

(1) (Reply)

Gotv Please Fix My Subscription Issue / Most Underrated Movies Of 2016 / Egg Of Life Nollywood Movie Cast : Then Vs Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.