Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,885 members, 7,942,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? (35127 Views)

Agbado (Roasted Corn) In Brazil (Pictures) / Boiled Yam And Nigerian Fish Sauce / Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Ijaya123: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Is this Fact true?πŸ€”

How is it in your Area? πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

ok

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by izubext007: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2023
do you want to rent shop for roasted corn or what

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by ipobarecriminals: 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
cheesy nah from inside Chicken Republic them for roast am bah?

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by wahahlawahala: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
Candidlady:
Not here... Make una no dey use una village compare everywhere abeg
liar, wetin u still buy near gutter yesterday πŸ˜’

2 Likes

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Bfly: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
It is a road side business shared with road side gutter.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by seunny4lif(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Roasted Corn are the best esp with roasted coconut.
We in the village are enjoying it

Note:
Am talking about fresh corns not Lagos corns that have been at store room for 1 week yet they always call it fresh cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by chatinent: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
I won't lie, when I saw roasted corn, I thought it was about the philosophy who said: β€œ they couldn't even make a down payment for the roasted corn in this situation.β€œ

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Reinamaria(f): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Is this Fact true?πŸ€”

Should they rent shops to roast corns? 🀷🏽

seunny4lif:
Roasted Corn are the best esp with roasted coconut.
We in the village are enjoying it

Only a few know the goodness that is roasted coconut.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by chatinent: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
seunny4lif:
Roasted Corn are the best esp with roasted coconut

I prefer with roasted pear.😊

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by chatinent: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
NeckingNgulping:
What irritates me most is how they alllow several people who don't even have the intention to buy to touch the corn with their filthy hands in the name of checking it.

By the time you buy the corn, uncountable hands would have touched it, even the ones wey dey kolo for street.

You also touch it with your filthy hands to select before you choose which to buy, chief.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by MadamExcellency: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
Pack well jor, it's not gutter but rather at junctions.

Thank goodness, nature provided adequate immunity for Nigerians to compensate for whatever health hazards that may exist.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by NeckingNgulping(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
chatinent:

You also touch it with your filthy hands to select before you choose which to buy, chief.

I don't do that.. i don't know if you do that. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Lukuluku69(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Is this Fact true?πŸ€”

Because it is Seasonal, the Vendors need not have a permanent outlets for vending purposes.

Also, being by the Road Sides is strategic the proximity of the Gutters is just coincidental.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by chatinent: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2023
NeckingNgulping:

I don't do that.. i don't know if you do that. Do you?

I point to the ones I want, I don't touch it with my filthy hands, chief.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Killermamba: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Is this Fact true?πŸ€”

That one na Lagos mo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by saphiere(f): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

So that means It Must be sold close to a Gutter? πŸ€¨πŸ˜’
You have a very slow brain
Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by thaoriginator: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Ah! shocked 🀨

Tomatoes, Peppers, Fresh Fish, etc Are NOT sold close to Gutters. sad

Even Suya Sef. 🀷
you dey whine yourself

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
Only in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Allisgud: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
He no get how u or ur children get money reach,u don't need shop to roast corn,na bizness for low earners in the society grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Antell95(m): 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2023
Candidlady:
Not here... Make una no dey use una village compare everywhere abeg

See this village girl cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by dododawa1: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Use your head
Did you want to
Sell roasted corn
Inside
SHOP or CONTAINER
Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
Make d go rent shop grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Houseontherock1: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Because they are sold by the roadside where passers by can easily see them and buy and also because they need adequate air because of their roasting method. Coincidentally, roads have drainage...not rocket science at all

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Gbeng30(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
Honestly I think its just an unbelievable coincidence, I believe most of this corn seller just thought an open place like that will sell their corn more than any other places..

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Na so Agbadorians” like am o.
The smellier, the better. grin

Like TIFFYNUBU nyansh!

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by longifilis(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Is this Fact true?πŸ€”

Not true at all
Overthinking no good sometimes
It shambles!
Do not mislead people!
(O to gαΊΉ ) It's enough

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by southsouthking(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Still can't phantom why suya is also sold in the night.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Forumobserver12(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

So that means It Must be sold close to a Gutter? πŸ€¨πŸ˜’

Corn is a seasonal food or market, as a business person you can't rent a shop for such business, I can count many corn sellers in my neighborhood that don't sell close to the gutter, it depends on the availability of space...

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by We4all: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
NeckingNgulping:
What irritates me most is how they alllow several people who don't even have the intention to buy to touch the corn with their filthy hands in the name of checking it.

By the time you buy the corn, uncountable hands would have touched it, even the ones wey dey kolo for street.

That's the reason I don't like eating roasted corn. And if I want to buy boiled corn, the chaff (whatever it's called) must still be on it and be well covered. I also don't allow the seller to peel it off.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Tydorcas(f): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒ
Re: Is This Fact About Boiled/roasted Corn True? by Relevant123: 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
Very Valid point

Ur name though grin grin

Amotolongbo:
Nobody told anyone.
It is just a coincidence based on residential planning.

Almost every residential accessible road in Nigeria has gutter which drains water from the residential houses and and on roads. Not only corn (roasted or boiled) is sold close to the gutter in Nigeria, almost all essential goods with no shop are sold close to gutter for easy accessibility by passing buyers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weird Snake Cake....Can You Eat It? (photo) / The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? / ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.