Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,303 members, 7,881,118 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:56 PM

Needs ADVICE On Cisco CCNA Certification. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Needs ADVICE On Cisco CCNA Certification. (295 Views)

Needs ADVICE On Cisco CCNA Certification. / How Much Is Cisco CCNA Training In Abuja / Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops 210-250 Exam Dumps, 210-255 Examdumps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Needs ADVICE On Cisco CCNA Certification. by zinaman: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
Dear Fellow Nairalanders,

Gooday/night all.

I need the best advice ever from you guys. Currently, I am a school drop out with no degree, with the boom in the IT sector worldwide and in Nigeria, I intend acquiring a technical skill on networking, afterwards enroll for the CCNA certification exam. What is the Futures prospects in terms of jobs in me acquiring the networking skills remember no degree, can I get a job as a networking Engr with no degree? At this point in my life any margin of error will have adverse effect on me, in my early 30s. Any other suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks, as I anticipate your kind advices.
Best regards,
A NAIRALANDER.
Re: Needs ADVICE On Cisco CCNA Certification. by DarkandHandsome(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2023
Bro, for networking role the truth is that you need a degree in any discipline to start with, then you can go in for CCNA certification. These company often ask for degree. Thats just the truth.

Networking is such an interesting career path tho. And when you're into the industry (Telecommunication), you're most likely to start as a Network Technical Support Engineer, its the hallmark to learning the basics of networking and also interfacing/troubleshooting with customers/clients. And with time you'd advance to other branches of Network Engineering.

But be ready to spend to write certifications ooo and not just CCNA.

Good luck

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Needs ADVICE On Cisco CCNA Certification. by aliyuthayo(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Let me start by answering your question, YES you'll get a job as a Networking Professional or Engineer as many people like to call it.
Let me.be sincere with you, this is coming from me a CCIE with over 18yrs experience in both Networking and Security field.

CCNA Certification is an Associate level and it's equivalent to 1-2 years experience as a Network Associate.

CCNP Certification is a Professional level and It's equivalent to 4-5 years experience in the industry.

If you must start a career in Networking, please make sure you enroll with a mentor that knows it's onions, don't think YouTube videos or even Udemy stuff will give you the experience you need, because you need to be able to replicate all the Labs on your own computer and understand the technologies covered like someone who has spent the requisite years on the field.

You have to be at least CCNP Certified with your age to be able to break into the industry in Nigeria, but in more developed countries even ITN of CCNA will give you a level-1 Network Admin job.

To be able to effectively covers the CCNP Enterprise Hands-on labs, you'll need a Computer with minimum 2.7ghz speed, 16GB of RAM and also 500GB SSD.

Attached is my new CCNP Enterprise class coming 5th of August, 2023. The training covers everything from CCNA to CCNP from the Cisco Networking Academy. Feel free to ask any question and I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Determining Whether To Stay Or Walk Away From Your Job / Skill I Can Learn@ Age 45 / "Learn Php/mysql The Wordpress Way"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.