Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,362 members, 7,920,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors (331 Views)

Lady Set To Marry AI Hologram Named Ailex, Trained On Her Past Boyfriends (pic) / Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / Nigerian Soldiers Vs Foreign Soldier (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Mikel99(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
I am very confused about the claim that foreign trained docs are better than their Nigerian trained counterparts. Our locally- trained docs are highly sought after anywhere in the world and we receive very good comments about them while our foreign trained doctors, when they come back, find it hard to adapt to our health care system. They usually misdiagnose simple medical conditions and find it hard to pass our licensing examinations. On the other hand, our locally trained doctors easily adapt anywhere in the world. This begs the question - If our locally trained docs are better, why do parents then prefer to send their children abroad to study when their kids at the end of the day will find their experiences useless when they come back to practice?
My point is further reinforced by the mass failure of the foreign trained doctors in passing our medical licensing exam.
Nairalanders, what is your take on this?
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Sonnobax15(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
lipsrsealed
Nigerian trained doctors are the best, considering the rigorous academic system which they are subjected to here.......

That's another reason why they tend to be more wicked,harsh and strict when dealing with their patients when in government hospitals angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Mikel99(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nigerian trained doctors are the best, considering the rigorous academic system which they are subjected to here.......

That's another reason why they tend to be more wicked,harsh and strict when dealing with their patients when in government hospitals angry
I agree with you but why do we now prefer to go abroad if that is the case? Can't you see it is waste of money?
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Sonnobax15(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
Mikel99:

I agree with you but why do we now prefer to go abroad if that is the case? Can't you see it is waste of money?
. Technology bro.... Their level of technology is topnotch and can't be compared to ours..... Their manner at which they respond to their patients may be different from our own lukewarm attitude to work by our own doctors here......

Can I just say the salaries they receive when they get abroad is mouthwatering than the peanuts they are paid here grin. That one reach to make dem dey vex steadily for patients grin
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Mikel99(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sonnobax15:
. Technology bro.... Their level of technology is topnotch and can't be compared to ours..... Their manner at which they respond to their patients may be different from our own lukewarm attitude to work by our own doctors here......

Can I just say the salaries they receive when they get abroad is mouthwatering than the peanuts they are paid here grin. That one reach to make dem dey vex steadily for patients grin
Okay. But I will rather let my children get educated here and then chase them abroad to practice. At least that will save more money
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Sonnobax15(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2023
Mikel99:

Okay. But I will rather let my children get educated here and then chase them abroad to practice. At least that will save more money
grin grin. Na your own be my own my brother grin
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Mikel99(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
grin grin
Sonnobax15:
grin grin. Na your own be my own my brother grin
Explain more I don't get you
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Mikel99(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
Infact, which medical equipment and facilities do they have that we lack here in Nigeria? So I don't agree with your take on Tech
Re: Nigerian Vs Foreign Trained Doctors by Mikel99(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sonnobax15:

When you talk about salary, I second that ours is better than theirs. An average medical graduate in the USA will be in debt for over 10years . That is, it will take awhile before they start living good life. So what is the point?

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Learning How To Generate Perfect Images From Ai / Oh, So This Is It Now. Ah, Not In Nigeria Can Not Be. / Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.