Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Durella! The Next Big Thing. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Durella! The Next Big Thing. (4133 Views)

Durella - Blame It On The Money / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx / D'banj And Durella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Durella! The Next Big Thing. by DurellaNo1(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2007
Durella, some call him the next big thing, some say he has great potential, life magazine says his got 'outstanding composure, voice control and general delivery'. He has proved with his remarkable single 'In The Zanga' that he has good standards and a flair for entertainent. But then again what is an entertainer without his/her fans, so will let you decide. What do you think?

Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by Seun(m): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2007
Useless without an MP3 sample of his music!
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by Effa(m): 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2007
Am begining to wonder who is copying whose style,
Cos he sings like Dbanj and Dbnaj sings like him

Anyway wiskolowiska,babyzanga

Give it up for Durella, Love they guy to tha bone
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2007
Queen of my Zanga, great song, beautiful lyrics, lovely delivery, if D'Banj can do that then the Queen of Engand is Black.

Durella for 2007 and beyond.

Wiskolo wiska ain't bad either, check attached.

Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by Effa(m): 3:12am On Sep 11, 2007
The guy looks like Dbanj sef
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by A40(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2007
He is trying very hard to sound like D'banj but its not gonna work
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2007
This guy is funny, just saw this on youtube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=feP-tDVtlvA
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by trendy(f): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2007
the guy is trying too hard to be like dbanj undecided
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2007
@ trendy

I agree with you, although I am still looking for his track Queen of my zanga, my sister can't stop going on about it.
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by UncleQuily: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2007
hey tredy,

Any difference dey btw the koko guy and the zanga dude?
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by UncleQuily: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2007
this zanga guy, him no look like dbanj now, i beg people where i fit get him album, don check alaba nothing, yaba, oshodi bridge nothing
i get dbanj album, e dey ok, but i go like compare for myself which album better, at least good competition album with no beef, brings out the better artist.
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by trendy(f): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2007
not physical looks , if you hear his song you would think it's dbanj singing undecided
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2007
You should think its whatever singing if you are a dumb ass, the boy is reping the Zanga! Finally heard Queen of my zanga, and if anyone say that rubbish about sounding like someone again, their ass is grass.

Queen of my Zanga, what a very fine song. 9/10
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by A40(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2007
You could spot the difference his is kinda forced D'banj comes naturally he is not that bad but his D'banj imitation might not work
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by trendy(f): 6:04pm On Sep 13, 2007
YourFather:

You should think its whatever singing if you are a dumb ass, the boy is reping the Zanga! Finally heard Queen of my zanga, and if anyone say that rubbish about sounding like someone again, their ass is grass.

Queen of my Zanga, what a very fine song. 9/10

yeah my ass is grass, wiskolowiska, dbanj wannabee undecided
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2007
@trendy grass ass

watch it, you are using his word already, Wisklo wiska grass ass.
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by trendy(f): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2007
Yes am using the word, cos i thought it was dbanj when i first heard it
am not saying he is not good
but he is a dbanj wanna bee
what was he thinking? that he is not going to sell unless he sounds like Dbanj grin
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by UncleQuily: 10:36am On Sep 14, 2007
i don hear in the zanga,           I SAW HIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.         i just gbadun the track,him slang na serious thing, i must say, he's got more talent, if you know what i mean, but i never hear the slow jam,  our dj for europe say na just talent, pure talent, and you not fit hold back real talent.
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2007
UncleQ, abeg help me tell my new wife Trendy,

The guy is too good, will try and find the slow jam and put up here, but for now enjoy the video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7THQ57pfQCA
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by DaRkNeSs: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2007
Well his iight sha wink wink
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by sect(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2007
I swear that song sounds like dbanj,the guy should create his own style else people would think he is trying 2 copy dbanj but the song good sha
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by sect(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2007
I swear that song sounds like dbanj,the guy should create his own style else people would think he is trying 2 copy dbanj but the song good sha
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by Effa(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2007
yeah he sounds like Dbanj but according what i heard they said Dbanj stole he's style
Dont know how true that is but that was what i heard,
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by DaRkNeSs: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2007
Effa:

yeah he sounds like Dbanj but according what i heard they said Dbanj stole he's style
Dont know how true that is but that was what i heard,
Well yea he does sound like Dbanj but his broken english is very smooth unlike Dbanj
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by femionasan(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2007
I also heard d'banj stole his style. But i think the dude's songs are nice. i think he should change his style cos d'banj has turned it to his own. In the zanga and wiskolowiska are proper club bangers. i think he should forget about tracks like queen of my zanga. he shuld just stick to the afro hiphop thing and preferably change his style cos i reckon the dude is proper creative. i actually believe d'banj stole his style cos d'banjs style was different when he first left london. i remember he did tracks like airborne and wetin u go do for me which were like felas style of music. durella change your style. what happens behind the scenes is not the publics business. all the best
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by Effa(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2007
Yea, he should chage he's style
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2007
Change am abeg Durella.

Wiskolo wiska Video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CVxo0cZkc0E
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by deezzle(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2007
I like his song, no doubt. What i don't ike is the fact that he sounds and talks and spits too much like D'Banj. Where is the originality
The kind of MCs i respect are those who create their own style, like D'Banj. I havent heard his album but whoever has, how many songs are there and how many are sweet
Cheers
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by deezzle(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2007
trendy:

yeah my ass is grass, wiskolowiska, dbanj wannabee undecided
Don't mind the guy. He is just an insolent punk. Wetin wan cause insult? u gave ur opinion whic is that the guy sounds too much lke D'wonderful D'banj and he come carry am for head. YourFather, everyone has a right to express things they way they feel, okay. We are adults here!!!!
He is a wannabee, period!!! No respect for pple who lack originality. I am sure maybe he has a song or two outta 13 that u don't skip on ur player!!!
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by UncleQuily: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2007
hey people,

we don hear some of the tracks for the pre-europian promo, and i must say,it's banging, all the tracks we had the chance to hear was off the chain
dbanj is koko, durella is zanga, similar but very different, choose one or take both.

i like dbanj, but durella seems to be too much on his game now, he's too gbaski.

peace, and no hating.
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by Effa(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2007
Durella
Queen of my zanga
the guy is good
Re: Durella! The Next Big Thing. by YourFather: 8:45am On Oct 10, 2007
Check it out:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RASVLnLc8Jc

I do, by Durella.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terry G Featuring 9ice - Ori Mi (terry G Don Turn Pastor) / DJ Glitter Best Of Mascara Vibez 2024 Mixtape / M.i & Iceberg Slim Face-2-face Freestyle Battle @ The Nea Awards Last Nite(video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.