Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,930 members, 7,879,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:29 AM

How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? (38326 Views)

Would Dangote Be This Rich In America? / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 6:32am On Jul 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
non of those you mentioned came out of a poor home. Eh suleman keh his dad was a govt worker now pentioned. Don’t allow these rich ppl be giving bobo juice, apostle suleman went to uniben, back those days you could write jamb 5X and still not gain that admission. The main secret to wealth is a wealthy background. Take me for instance, i have worked millions but still not a big man, why? Because the responsibilities weighing me down, no help no support. Some people have never lived in face me face u house in their lives, seyi tinubu children will never pay agent and agreement fee in their whole lives, why? Because the foundation has been laid.

All of you saying “solve a problem” “have talent “ you think cristiano or messi are world best players? Keep dreaming, messi got the chance because he was brought into the team via connection, he was selected out of over 100 names submitted. My first year I didn’t gain admission until i used money to sort even when i got a higher score in jamb. That is life!! The poor willl always be slave to the rich.

How did his father being a civil servant make him millionaire?
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by serverconnect(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:

When I saw your posting, water trickled down my eyes. I trust him but the reality is different

Please be patient. God never fails.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Jefferyhi86(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2023
Am waiting for potential person to blend me in grin
Natbrowny:

They actually can carry you along
Join the crew
Follow the code of conduct

These guys aint joking around

Professionalism and Confidentiality

Its a cult. Not d naija school nonsense oo. A CULT with codes of conducts
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by SpencerM(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:
Sincere Question, "how do prople get rich?".
I want to base the question on Nigeria alone.
How do Nigerians get rich ?

I look around and all i see is just salary earners, youth into poultry farming, fisheries,
POS stand, hairdressers, carpenters, Gambling and bet, modernized TAXI drivers making use of some apps, clothe sellers and many more?
Basically, many are not even living an average life. We are living below the average.

I have been wondering, how can i escape from this "below average life" or "average life"?
i look around me and watch the TV. On the media and in songs, you hear different adoration of some Nigerians who had achieved the wealth threshold. How did they do it? i am sorry if i sound crazy!

For some of these rich people, you wonder, how was the struggle?
How were they able to build their friendship base. How were they able to survive the government's myriad taxation.
may bodies under the state government will charge you, my bodies under the federal government will charge you too.
if taxation doesn't kill your business, you go dey pray make thieves no ruin your business.

i would have asked, How do people get rich around the world, but the world is too large and answers i might get may not be applicable to the society i currently live in.
big respect to everyone that has been able to achieve wealth...

The truth is people make money in this country, but the problem is people also just ask this questions without any serious motive if wanting to try anything out if shown the way. Well i have worked in the Fintech sector for almost a decade and i can say authoritatively that i never regretted quitting to start something of mine. You can check it out yourself, ask questions do some physical findings before you choose to take my word for it i would share you link and my number for a concise conversation.

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/e/1FAIpQLSfoODVFicltHZqEqjFahhwA-LW2EW_38_08BDnV43YgDG1ZeA/viewform

The wait is over, Our Investment Quadrant @ KD FINANCIALS is now available and open to Investor(s)

Kindly check out our offers via the link.

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 7:14am On Jul 28, 2023
Runtown07:
Are u into Tech.
He's into internet fraud. And he takes pride in doing so.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 7:17am On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:

Another poor motivational speaker. Now learn, I was not mocking. I was only pointing out that the blind can't lead the blind
Mumu. So, every contributor so far is poor?
And secondly, they can't share what they might have observed around them. Negativity should be your first name
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:

You said The main secret to wealth is a wealthy background, for a person like me that didn't come from a wealth background, how can I get to be "selected" out of 100 other humans?

I have tried to build connections and make friends but I discover that, most people think I am well off and wants to beg me for money.
But the irony is I am just a lonely, struggling unmarried young man.

When I don't give them money for data, or borrow them 3k, they start to distance themselves from me. They don't understand I don't have too.
Its as if everyone within my age bracket needs help too and are poor.

Very serious
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2023
obaidan:

I agree with you and like I said "in some cases" not all cases.....I personally would advice people to combine working hard and smart(in higher proportion)

Up till early 2018 @op question was the only thing constantly ravaging my mind. But I knew that working smart was the one I preferred. I had seen hard working people but I wasn't impressed at all, our parents were hard working too. I saw fraudulent youngsters too, it wasn't my thing too.
Early 2018, I made what later seemed the right decision and things began to change for the better until May 29th when Tinubu happened with his petrol subsidy removal. Initially it didn't affect me but now, it is beginning to. This has gotten me thinking again where to look at again, working smart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by osibenaezekiel: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2023
I believe the problem with us is trying to do it all alone. Most of the old folks who are rich today have very close relationship and share information within themselves. If we can replicate that even on this platform. We might be creating our own millionaires. In years to come. One thing i find common among everybody who have comment so far is the hunger for wealth. Can someone here create maybe a telegram group so we share ideas constantly. Who knows business partnership can be birth through that. Instead of ranting on nairaland from morning till night. Let's galvanize ourselves into a remarkable force in years to come.

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by online4business: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Here's how to get rich without spending money in one year.

Instead of physical business I like online business.

No staff no tax from local government just live low no carry body up or buy flashy cars.

Just open a blog throw 300 post on any niche sites and you're off to the races.

This is if you're passionate about the topic ooo.

If you're looking for a niche here's a hack.

intext:"This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing" yoga

If you like yoga as a niche and passionate about it.

Or
intext:"Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)" your niche

Most people overthink niche research.

With this youve people who are making money with display ads.

For theme use a free theme like generate press.

Don't over think it.

Learn on page SEO and you're off to the races

If you want to go the blogging route beware of opinion from the so called experts most are just opinion.

Test test and test things for yourself.

Here's YouTube channel to follow

Income school project24.

Blogging and online business is hard if you're lazy and don't put In the work.

Want to use AI content dey play because na robot you dey write for.

Instead if you have money buy a site already generating cash and let it spit in more cash.

Wish I knew about it would not have invested in treasury bill.

Well anytime day break na him be morning.

Don't go and try it if you don't have all the details ooo.

For those who believe those making money hide it from them

Here's link for threads on nairaland that can make you rich

https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon

https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

You want to change your story follow those threads and see changes in a year.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by anungangampu: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:
I don't understand this
Majority igbos went into business after serving their Boss, that's their own Empowerment programme. And you might be surprise to learn that 60% of Popular igbo family got rich through this route.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Ade1177: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2023
osibenaezekiel:
I believe the problem with us is trying to do it all alone. Most of the old folks who are rich today have very close relationship and share information within themselves. If we can replicate that even on this platform. We might be creating our own millionaires. In years to come. One thing i find common among everybody who have comment so far is the hunger for wealth. Can someone here create maybe a telegram group so we share ideas constantly. Who knows business partnership can be birth through that. Instead of ranting on nairaland from morning till night. Let's galvanize ourselves into a remarkable force in years to come.

Lol

Dey play

Ask yourself this question as a Nigerian

1. Why will I be making money and I will show other people how to make the same money. So that my own money will decrease or they become better or take away the opportunity and I don't make any money again

Because nigerians can so spoil things

I remember when I was doing a tutorial online. Someone paid and learnt the skill and still advertised inside my platform to take people from me

Started reducing his price and more people joined now it cast and that's how the tutorial became lame

2. Any body telling you to come and learn a particular skill that it is making money

And the person ask you to pay money you know is way lower than what he said he is making

Someone asking for 10k to teach you to make 10million

Just know it's that 10k he is collecting from you and 100 more people that is making him his money

90% of the time

That business has cast and is looking for who to teach and cash out while it last

3. Nigerians are greedy and want to have it all

So why will they help the next person

Ask any body

What will you do if you come into government and make money

You'll see aside those that lie

99% will first of all look for a way to amass wealth and steal

Those not in power are worse than those already in power

My own motivation is to be comfortable and able to afford what I want anytime I want it

Because having 500million and 5million

Is all about how happy you are

And be grateful how much you have way more than those that have just 50k

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Thomasankara(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2023
[/color]By doing legitimate businesses illegitimately[color=#770077]
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by easytig(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2023
On the bolded, kindly block or cut off anybody that beg you for free money.just give them the silent treatment.talking from experience tho.there is no place for parasites.even dangote with all his billions is conscious of ordinary 100 naira.baba no dey dash even fifty naira.
HugeElephant:

You said The main secret to wealth is a wealthy background, for a person like me that didn't come from a wealth background, how can I get to be "selected" out of 100 other humans?

I have tried to build connections and make friends but I discover that, most people think I am well off and wants to beg me for money.

When I don't give them money for data, or borrow them 3k, they start to distance themselves from me. They don't understand I don't have too.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by easytig(m): 9:46am On Jul 28, 2023
On the bolded,if you don't give and they distance themselves then you should be glad that you are free from financial parasites.believe me you are better on your own than mingling with the wrong crowd.outside my immediate family that is parents, siblings and my future children,I could care less about outsiders,even my family sef understand when I say im not too bouyant ,they let me breathe.no bi one useless girl or friend go wan dey worry me.
HugeElephant:

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by JuanDeDios: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2023
LagBlogger:
There are 3 ways I know;

1. Be born into a rich family or be connected to rich benefactors who can hook you up with a life changing job or contract.

2. Hustle hard, make small money, save like crazy then invest wisely. Maybe in 7 to 15 years time you'll become rich. Almost any legit biz can do it but it is not the easiest way. Good examples music, acting, business, trading crypto etc.

3. Become an evil money chaser i.e yahoo yahoo, selling drugs, scamming people for fake jobs, fake pastor, politician, runz girl or other evil runs

Modified: A poor igala woman that came to Abuja to fry Akara. She is the bread winner of her home. Has started building in her village and has bought the house she and her family live in.

It is possible to hustle and make it in Nigeria.
Correct. But these can only make you enough to be comfortable. All those who have attained true wealth in Nigeria are linked directly or indirectly to the government treasury.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Fab21: 9:52am On Jul 28, 2023
Evolutionlove:

This is what I usually tell people.

So you got to the post of MD and you couldn't fortify yourself. I'm even more concerned about how you got to MD Level. That means you have been very lucky or perhaps your mother's prayers have been protecting you all the while.

You think your downlines workers are joking with you lol. Some of them are eyeing your position and they want you out by all means. Some of them have powerful occultic parents/friends whom they will take your matter to. Seems you don't know Nigerians.

Esu and Water Demons are the Sole owner of Wealth and Fame.

All the Africa Dieties are still very much alive.

You can never make it BIG from the Scratch as a nobody ordinarily in Nigeria. NEVER!!!

Even most of those White People you see are into Occultism and Spiritualism and they are way advanced than the rest of the world.

I agree with this....

1 Like

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by easytig(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2023
Never underrate the power of the tongue at all,when people start bugging or begging you for money,never say you don't have, don't go and be manifesting poverty upon yourself.just be calm and say you too need money urgently and ask if they too can give a lesser sum of what they request from you.if they are still trying to bug you,just give them the silent treatment and block them.
HugeElephant:

1 Like

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by phemmyfour: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:
Sincere Question, "how do prople get rich?".
I want to base the question on Nigeria alone.
How do Nigerians get rich ?

I look around and all i see is just salary earners, youth into poultry farming, fisheries,
POS stand, hairdressers, carpenters, Gambling and bet, modernized TAXI drivers making use of some apps, clothe sellers and many more?
Basically, many are not even living an average life. We are living below the average.

I have been wondering, how can i escape from this "below average life" or "average life"?
i look around me and watch the TV. On the media and in songs, you hear different adoration of some Nigerians who had achieved the wealth threshold. How did they do it? i am sorry if i sound crazy!

For some of these rich people, you wonder, how was the struggle?
How were they able to build their friendship base. How were they able to survive the government's myriad taxation.
may bodies under the state government will charge you, my bodies under the federal government will charge you too.
if taxation doesn't kill your business, you go dey pray make thieves no ruin your business.

i would have asked, How do people get rich around the world, but the world is too large and answers i might get may not be applicable to the society i currently live in.
big respect to everyone that has been able to achieve wealth...
By stealing....no clean wealth in Nigeria.

All wealthy people in this Country have their foundation built on corruption

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Basiljoe: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Exmilitant:
Op, take it or leave it, behind every fortune, there is a crime - Balzac.
grin grin grin
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by annayawchee: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2023
Omo....
Luck and destiny still plays a role in all of this Sha...

It's not how hard or smart you are most times...

The grace you carry still counts.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Basiljoe: 11:16am On Jul 28, 2023
Give me N1million naira let me show you. grin grin
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by hotplate: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar Double it You got to double your huzzle son with sense
Have been on this my computer table since yesterday
Just double it son
Ain't gonna sleep..
why do I feel the person behind this handle is Hype/DJ Remedies
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by tctrills: 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
maasoap:

Mumu. So, every contributor so far is poor?
And secondly, they can't share what they might have observed around them. Negativity should be your first name
Not every contributor is poor but everyone can tell that you are hopelessly poor. Secondly, don't share what you observe oga. Use it to improve your life first. If it's not working for you then why share it?
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by tctrills: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
maasoap:

Your contribution is useless and meaningless
Lol. See pain. Trust me, if you ever make money you would begin to see clearly.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by tctrills: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
HugeElephant:

At this point I don't care where advice comes from. I just want to escape this sector of life where I feel entrapped.

I believe life can be better for me and I can make it better for others too (hopefully).
Since I don't have a rich person to mentor me, I am staying up all night to listen to and analyze all the respons I get on this thread

God bless Nairaland
If you don't care the source of the advice then all I can say is good luck to you.
Finding solution to escape poverty takes much more than reading poor people's comments. If you are serious about financial education you wouldn't be on nairaland.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by upuphim(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
As for me that is into real estate, Nigerians can get rich both in doing the business as well as those investing (buy land) with us. However, it is not a question of overnight riches for investors in real estate. It may take up to five years or more waiting for land invested upon to appreciate to reasonable price. But for we doing the business of real estate, it can happen overnight. Imagine selling a plot of land for N10m where the commission is 10%. Such person becomes a millionaire overnight. So thinking of how Nigerians can get rich, think of having them become a realtor and an obedient one to the core. For more information reach me oazimo@yahoo.com.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
phemmyfour:
By stealing....no clean wealth in Nigeria.

All wealthy people in this Country have their foundation built on corruption

Some Deluded beings will come and debunk this Bitter Truth.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Kenmatt:
By doing legitimate and illegitimate business.

Simultaneously...You gerrit.
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:

Lol. See pain. Trust me, if you ever make money you would begin to see clearly.
Like you, right? grin grin grin
Re: How Do People Get Rich In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:

Not every contributor is poor but everyone can tell that you are hopelessly poor. Secondly, don't share what you observe oga. Use it to improve your life first. If it's not working for you then why share it?

Stop ranting, we heard you already. You don't have nothing to share, so let those who have share theirs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Video Of Herbert Wigwe Celebrating His Last Birthday / Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) / I Need Plastic Containers For Cream Packaging

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.