Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,906 members, 7,933,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 02:27 AM

Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them (2843 Views)

Aluminium Roofing Versus Nigerite Roofing Sheet / Deed Of Assignment Versus Deed Of Sublease / Buying A New Home Versus Building A New Home – Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by Funseeka(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2011
Hey guys,

There is this impression by my friends that already-made interlocking pavers don’t last. Most get broken overtime due to inferior mixing ratio of materials. Hence it’s better to contract it out and insist on good materials ratio. But I am skeptical about it, looking at the inconveniences

Please experts in the house, does it really worth taking the pain to get people mould it for you instead of buying? Am humbly waiting for your comments.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by spyder880(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2011
Just like in block making, there are advantages and disadvantages of each choice, make experts add their opinions make I learn jare.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by Reflector: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2011
I have done both. Molded in my first project and bought pre-made for the 2nd.

Pre-Made
Cost Slightly More Expensive
Speed Quick delivery
Quality Lower Quality
Supervision Minimal required to confirm delivery quantity

Self Molding
Cost Cheaper
Speed Takes weeks to mold
Quality Better Quality
Supervision Needs more supervision to avoid sharp practices
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by oluwabamis(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
i have just completed 270 sqm of those interlocking stones. i bought all the materials and it was molded @ d site. i will post d estimate later on. instead of the normal 3bags for 10sqm, we used 4. despite that we still saved money.the ones for sale is not reliable. d main disadv. is the supervision & time factor. it took me almost a month to finish moulding. another secret of interlockin is to allow it enough time to harden. i finished mine since august,but i wont be setting them until decmber, so 4 good month of sittnig in d sun and hardening. more later.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by jaytime(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
One cannot underestimate the advantage of self-molding (be it interlocking stones or blocks) in terms of cost and quality over pre-molded. The only advantage of the pre-molded is that it saves time. But if it takes time to build a house why not take time to have quality interlocks that can stand the test of time? Self molding is better.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by oluwabamis(m): 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
u can even start moulding ur inteocking @ the same time u are doing blockwork. remember ths longer those paving stones stay b4 setting them d better.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by prokure: 4:58am On Oct 10, 2011
oluwabamis:

i have just completed 270 sqm of those interlocking stones. i bought all the materials and it was molded @ d site. i will post d estimate later on. instead of the normal 3bags for 10sqm, we used 4. despite that we still saved money.the ones for sale is not reliable. d main disadv. is the supervision & time factor. it took me almost a month to finish moulding. another secret of interlockin is to allow it enough time to harden. i finished mine since august,but i wont be setting them until decmber, so 4 good month of sittnig in d sun and hardening. more later.
oluwabamis, i beg o, post d estimates, these contractors wan kill person.
Thanks.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by Funseeka(m): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2011
@oluwabamis,

How far? some of us have glued our eyes to the screen expecting the estimate. However, more comments on the subject matter would be highly appreciated for anyone.
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by AmAlone: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2011
I dey wait sef o!!!
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by EngrOsax(m): 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please oluwabamis can I know the estimate u used in moulding the interlocks and the estimate u used in setting them...thanks!
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by tope777(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
@olubamis pls send the estimate and procedure to dnlbuss@gmail.com
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by EngrOsax(m): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
Oluwabamis my e-mai is: osax09@gmail.com
Re: Buying Interlocking Versus Getting People To Make Them by dondennies(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
Like · Comment · Share · Full Story · More Engr Daniel O. Akhafa @ DNL_A Productions.....we do it better in a unique way, both the productions and installations of interlocking paving stones......check us @ Number 31 Tokunbo ojo street orogun ibadan to make more enquires, you can also give us a call on +2347063183900.......adding value to your surroundings.....

(1) (Reply)

Forthright Properties, Opposite Arepo / A Nairalander Building In Mowe Using Kr Bond Rooftile(cost) / A 5bedroom Duplex For Sale At Magodo GRA Phase 2, Shangisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.