Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,756 members, 7,930,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:17 PM

Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good (235 Views)

Nigerian Lady Says Prayer Is A Waste Of Time, No Jesus / Must We Suffer Before Our Prayer Is Answered? / Prayer Is Not The Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2023
Prayer
1. A practice of communicating with one's God, or with some spiritual entity.
Through prayer I ask for God's guidance.
In many cultures, prayer involves singing.
2. The specific words or methods used for praying.
Christians recite the Lord's Prayer.
3. A meeting held for the express purpose of praying.
4. A request; a petition.
This, your honor, is my prayer; that all here be set free.
5.The remotest hope or chance.

Luke.11.1 - Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples."
Luke.11.2 - So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

Prayer is meant to be Learnt.
There is HOW to Pray and HOW NOT to Pray.
A lot of people have lost faith in prayer or are losing faith in prayer.
While a lot have never been more confident that TRULY God answers prayer.

The LORD'S prayer (also aptly called Disciple's prayer) is the best template for HOW to Pray and What to Pray.

What hinders our prayer is also carefully stated immediately after the prayer.
Luke.11.8 - I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
Matthew 6 and James 4 help distinguish a hypocritical/vain/selfish prayer from a sincere one.

Some Prayers require Fasting.
Not necessarily in a religious way.
But genuinely to seek God's face
To seek to hear clearly from God.
To Break our unbelief (hardened heart).
To discipline our flesh/desires/cravings/habits
To sharpen our spiritual senses/antenna.

If there's anything the last election should teach us;
-Everyone prays, including believers and unbelievers.
-God answers our prayer as it aligns with His Will.

1 Like

Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 10:15am On Jul 28, 2023
Pastors pray for souls/members.
Businessmen/women pray for customers.
Banks pray for customers (save and borrow money)
Doctors pray dormer customers (patients)
Pall-bearers pray for customers (dead)
Politicians pray for Power/Position.
Electorates and their Choice Candidates pray too.

So why should God answer your prayer or mine?

To prove that you're a child of God?
To prove that you're a pastor/prophet?
To reward you for your service?
To show that you are worded?
To show off?
To announce you to the world?
Or because you are desperate?

Truly, God answers prayer when it aligns with His Will.

Our pursuit should, ergo become;
-To Know the Will of God.
-To Be Able to Do the Will of God.

Acts.13.22 - And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, "I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.'

John.4.33 - Therefore the disciples said to one another, "Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?"
John.4.34 - Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.

1 Like

Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2023
What is Will?

1. One's independent faculty of choice; the ability to be able to exercise one's choice or intention.
Of course, man's will is often regulated by his reason.
2. The act of choosing to do something; a person’s conscious intent or volition.
Most creatures have a will to live.
3. One's intention or decision; someone's orders or commands.
Eventually I submitted to my parents' will.
4. Firmity of purpose, fixity of intent
Synonyms: determination, firmness, resoluteness, resolve
▼ show
(law) A formal declaration of one's intent concerning the disposal of one's property and holdings after death; the legal document stating such wishes. [from 14th c.]
Synonyms: testament, last will, last will and testament
(archaic) That which is desired; one's wish.

1 Like

Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 10:24am On Jul 28, 2023
God's Will;
-Eternal Will
-Dispensational Will
-Seasonal Will
-Instantaneous Will

Prayer is a communication with God to Know His Will and to receive Grace to Do His Will.
Also to present our own needs/will as they align with God's will. Selah.

We have to be intentional about Knowing God's will and He will gladly grant us our own will as we do His.

He will ensure He works on our wills. To help us distinguish between good will and evil will.
We will invariably willingky submit our will power back to God. Because TRULY no one knows what's best for us as much as our Heavenly Father/Creator/Producer/Programmer.

God has spoken His Will through His Prophets since the beginning of Time through His Holy Word- documented richly in the Bible.
God especially speaks to us through His Holy Spirit whom He deposits inside us as we receive the Baptsim of the Spirit in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 2:32am On Jul 29, 2023
\without the person of the Holyspirit the bible is a letters. \but by the Inspiration, Revelation and \interpretation of the \holy Spirit the Bible becomes a Person. The Bible transforms into the \word of God. Letters come Alive. Spirit communing with spirit.
Job 32:8 - But there's a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives him Understanding.

God is our Father and More. He wants to always speak with us.
He wanted to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah but just had to inform Abraham of His Plan.
How much more He wants to reveal to each of us about His plans and our roles in it.

Man has plan/business. We are created in God's image nd likeness.
By inference, God has Higher Plan/Business.
Whose plan is more important? Whose business is more profitable?

But so many of us are so focused on money, our ambitions, our lustts/desires, pleasures, people (friends, competition, helpers, sex, etc), accolades (titles), etc.

Focus is everything.
The enemy does every thing to distract us from God.
Beware of Distractions. Distractions are the ultimate weapon of Satan. And they come as people, self-indulgences, activities (hobbies, even religious activities), etc. who and what is taking up so much of your time that you cannot focus on God? Beware! You need to cut of some things/habits and people.
There are distractive spirits. The bible makes more sense to us when we Know and Understand that we are Spirit-beings. We are carriers of spirits. Every thing and every one is controlled by spirits. Selah

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior acknowledged that He could do nothing except by the Spirit of God.
And truly, at His trial/crucifixion, he really could do nothing. He cried, "Father, why has thou forsaken me?"
If only we truly know and understand the Price at which we were bought from Sin and Death. The Cost of our Salvation is Priceless.
We truly won't willingly continue in sin.

God help us all. Everyone is a sinner. It is in Christ that we are saved by the Gift of the Holy Sprit.
The Holy Spirit immediately gifts us Righteousness before God, Peace and Joy.
How so generously He has loved is even while we were yet sinners. How much more when we are saved, How much more when we turn to do His Will?
In pursuing the Will of God, every thing we need is supplied in God\s Good Time and according to His Good and Perfect Will.

You need Hope, He gives you unreasonable hope.
You need Peace of Mind, He gives you Peace that you can't explain or understand.
You need Joy, He gives you the Joy that you will need self-control to handle. Selah.
You need Healing? Healing is His children's bread/food.
Even those who are not his children but have great faith are are healed. How much more His children?
He heals your spirit, soul/heart and body (bones, flesh, nerves, etc)
You need money, he will provide. However, money easily reveals the intent of people\s hearts.
Money more often than not makes man forget God or lose his passion for God, money can attract distractions, money corrupts many to compromise. Hence, you cannot serve God and Mammon (money).
We have to choose one. What drives you? Is it to make money or to make heaven?

So much is embedded in the Will of God that man has barely scratched the surface yet we have become proud. We have arrived.
It is truly those who Know their God that will be Strong and Do exploits. It is those who wait on the Lord that renew their strength.
Patience in the virtue when pursuing God.
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 2:53am On Jul 29, 2023
Finally, please let us not be discouraged by the circumstances around us.
Let us put our Hope and Trust in our Father in Heaven.
If we have some repenting to do, please let us ask for forgiveness and repent.
Everything fall back in place just as the Prodigal son. Our Father welcomes us back with such open arms because He understands our weaknesses. He has been there in Christ. He however wants us to Know Who we are and that we can do so much better.

He wants to Renew our Relationship with Him and his family.
He wants to Renew our Vows and commitments.
He wants to Renew our Purpose together.

No greater honor than being called the Bride of Christ.

Heavenly Father. thank you for your Word once again.
Grant us Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding.
You know our needs, please meet each and everyone of us at our point of need.
Let your Grace be multiplied to us now and for ever more in Jesus name. Amen

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and ALL these things shall be added to You..
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 3:19am On Jul 29, 2023
God is restoring Marriages in this season more than ever before.
The Marriage institution has hitherto suffered such a great attack. But through it all God has also taught us lessons and raised Ministers to disciple/mentor and equip us gracefully and experientially.

Generational curses are being broken. Self-inflicted curses are being broken.
What a Great time to be alive and in God's Good Will.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

So many have entered into marriages without knowing God's will for marriage.
So many have learnt in the marriage.
So many are stuck on their ways/wills and stubbornly do not want to be corrected or change.
God will deal with us according to our wills.

Cancer has been traced to be caused by deep-rooted Unforgiveness. It damages the soul.
Please hold no grudges. Hold no malice.
God's Word/Commands/Instructions are primarily for our own good/deliverance/healing/growth.

So many wives have not forgiven their husbands for cheating or taking them for granted.
So many husbands have not forgiven their wives too for one reason or the other.
So many are still carrying around the wounds from their past relationships. They have vowed never to forgive their exes.
So many have not forgiven their siblings or have inherited family feuds.
So many have not forgiven their parents/children.
So many have not forgiven themselves for their mistakes. (God's forgiveness usually covers self-forgiveness).

So many Pastors have not forgiven their members/proteges/disciples.
So many members have not forgiven their pastors/prophets.
So many are angry with God for seemingly unanswered prayers.
Truly God has been faithful. We have been the unfaithful ones.

Most of us have also prioritized our races/tribes/traditions over God.
We are children of God first before our tribesmen/kinsmen.
The Word of God and the Will of God should supercede our traditional ties.

Some of us have entangled ourselves in unholy unions- occult, witchcraft, contracts etc.
It seems impossible for us to get out of these,
Truly with man, it is impossible. Truly with gods, it is impossible.
But with the ALMIGHTY GOD, is anything too hard? He eats impossible for breakfast and it is His Will to break bondages and yokes.

Isaiah 49:24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, Or the captives of the righteous be delivered?
Isaiah 49:25 But thus says the LORD, "Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, And the prey of the terrible be delivered. For I will contend with him who contends with you, And I will save your children.

Hallelujah!
Thank You JESUS.
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by elated177: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Myer:

Because God has rejected the Jews for rejecting Jesus Christ their Messiah whom He sent- His only begotten Son. And they keep persecuting his disciples.
The same way Igbos (who may share lineage with the Jews) have chosen Mammon over God and continue to choose carnality/worldliness/pleasures over the kingdom of Heaven and Righteousness.

When God fights a man, He thinks everyone is his enemy when in fact it is God turning and using everyone against him to punish him.

But if only they can repent. Will it not be for their own good?
The Jews, over 2000 years later are still unrepentant and remain the custodians of every Anti-Christ move from generation to generation.
Thank God for His Mercy, for always preserving a remnant.

Romans 9 and 10 says it all.
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by elated177: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Myer, what sort of rubbish did you state above?

You have not even figured out your own life and you have figured out the entire Igbo race?
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
elated177:
Myer, what sort of rubbish did you state above?

You have not even figured out your own life and you have figured out the entire Igbo race?

I take it you're from the Igbo tribe so it's okay to find it offensive.
But would you have preferred I covered/hid the truth and pretend all is well?

I crave your sincerity, have you truly never heard this before?
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by elated177: 11:29am On Aug 03, 2023
Myer, I am an Igbo man. It is my physical root. Your assertions are repugnant. Are you saying that only an Igbo person will find your assertions offensive? Every reasonable, responsible, honest and sincere person, Igbo or not, will find your assertions offensive.

What truth do you think you uttered in those stupid assertions of yours? Where and when did the Creator, YHVH Almighty, tell you, Myer, that he had rejected the Igbo race? Well, you only succeeded in exposing your hatred, envy, jealousy and covetousness. It is possible you had harbored them for so long that you couldn't pretend anymore.

What exactly have I not heard before?
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by Myer(m): 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
elated177:
Myer, I am an Igbo man. It is my physical root. Your assertions are repugnant. Are you saying that only an Igbo person will find your assertions offensive? Every reasonable, responsible, honest and sincere person, Igbo or not, will find your assertions offensive.

What truth do you think you uttered in those stupid assertions of yours? Where and when did the Creator, YHVH Almighty, tell you, Myer, that he had rejected the Igbo race? Well, you only succeeded in exposing your hatred, envy, jealousy and covetousness. It is possible you had harbored them for so long that you couldn't pretend anymore.

What exactly have I not heard before?

God has revealed this to some prophets.
I simply observed it.
While God is generally angry with a lot of Nigerians, it is more specific to igbos because the things God hates are institutionalised in your very culture/traditions.

Pride and Love of Money especially.
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by elated177: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
Myer, you do know that "God" is a title, right?

What was revealed to some prophets? Mention the prophets. I, Elated177, am also a prophet of YHVH Almighty, the one and only true God, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them, here on earth. I am his human masterpiece here on earth.

What have you observed? Is there any "race" in this geographical location called Nigeria that is more blessed or more successful or more endowed than the Igbo "race"? So, Myer, pray tell, what have you observed?

Apart from pride and love of money, which abound in all races of the world, what other things does "God" hate that, according to you, myer, are institutionalized in my culture/tradition?

About pride, how many Igbos have you had dealings with? Did you expect them to lick soles of your shoes? You probably expected them to lose every human dignity so you could call them humble. Satanic definition of humility. Ihe efu!

The mere fact that you assigned pride and love of money, which aren't peculiar to any particular tribe, ethnicity or race, to the Igbo race shows how really envious and jealous of us you are, Myer. Myer, the hatred you have for the Igbo race will only continue to weigh you down. Myer, may the Igbo race continue to make you bask in envy, hatred, jealousy and covetousness.

Myer, I am just engaging you here. It is obvious you are a deeply troubled individual who hasn't even been able to figure out his own life and yet thinks he has been able to figure out the entire Igbo race. You are resorting to stereotypes. Foolery!

You didn't really answer my earlier questions. Where and when did YHVH Almighty, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything, the one and only true God, reveal to you that he had rejected the Igbo race?

I am an Igbo man. My tribe is my physical root.

YHVH Almighty, my Father in heaven, hates pride and the love of money. Humility before him is obedience to his Commandments. Engaging in activities that run contrary to his Commandments is tantamount to the love of money that he abhors. There are very many people all over the world - cutting across all races, tribes, ethnicities and languages - who disobey YHVH's Commandments and also engage in all sorts of things contrary to his Commandments to make money. Satan and his minions have their own definition of humility whenever the saints of YHVH Almighty are involved. The saints will not oblige them.

There are good and bad people in all races, tribes, ethnicities and languages. Myer, the fact that you assigned those attributes to the Igbo race shows how tribalistic you are. Myer, you are too inconsequential and your sentiments about me too irrelevant and infinitesimal to have any kind of dent on YHVH's love for me. Like I stated above; you could no longer maintain the pretense and had to expose your hatred, envy, jealousy and covetousness! You lost, myer.

Myer, your wish and hatred cannot elicit hatred or rejection from YHVH Almighty towards his saint. This love is eternal. This love is for ever. This gift is eternal. This gift is for ever. Myer, continue to hate, envy and covet.

Iro agana YAHVEH! No power can change it.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Ekpereamaka - Prayer Is Good by ichuka(m): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
Myer:

God has revealed this to some prophets.
I simply observed it.
While God is generally angry with a lot of Nigerians, it is more specific to igbos because the things God hates are institutionalised in your very culture/traditions.

Pride and Love of Money especially.
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Ghanian Tiktoker Murders His London Based Reurtnee Boss Over Luxury Life / Is God Really Omnipotent? The Omnipotent Paradox / Do These Spiritual Fanta Bath To Attract Blessings, Favour, Contracts, Good Tins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.