Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th (551 Views)

Retired Colonel Hassan Stan-Labo Is Dead / 2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / We Want Peter Obi – Youths Hit Streets Of Abuja, Ibadan To Support Obi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Fareke: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2023
A former member of the Labour Party, Col. Chinyere Obi (retd.), shares with DANIEL AYANTOYE how she was shot by suspected political thugs and allegedly abandoned by the party

You sustained a gunshot wound during the general elections. How did it happen?

It was a painful experience. I was a Peter Obi supporter. I made a lot of sacrifices during the electioneering but was abandoned after the attack while defending the Labour Party at my polling unit. I was in my village in the Ideato South Local Government Area of Imo State to participate in the election. On the day of the House of Assembly election, I went to cast my vote at my polling unit, Ward 1.

Somehow, I noticed that something was wrong; when anyone wanted to vote for the Labour Party, one of the INEC officials on the ground would take his hand and ensure that the person voted for the APC. So, I told them to allow people to vote freely. Later, some thugs started beating the LP agent there and I intervened. A guy then approached me and said they had been observing me in the community. He said they saw how I gave rice to people and that I was busy promoting the LP. I didn’t know when he brought out a gun from his bag and shot at my leg. When I recovered, I went to the police station.

What did the security men at the polling unit do when you were shot?

There was no police officer there. I asked the chairman of the local government council why he came to the polling unit without security personnel.

What was the reaction of the state government on the matter?

Nothing; it was when I went to the State CID that they arrested the boy but released him later. So, I went ahead to petition the AIG at Umuahia Police Headquarters, Zone 9.

You said you made some sacrifices during the campaign. What were some of the things you did?

During the first flag-off at Lafia (Nasarawa State), I contributed and shared food to the people who came for the programme. After the flag-off, I invited the Arewa group from the 19 northern states for mobilisation and encouraged them on the need to work effectively for Peter Obi and the party at large. I gave them food and transport fares without any support from the LP chairman. At the grassroots, I bought 200 bags of rice, noodles, bags, and customised shirts as well as other items which were distributed. The painful part is that none of the people came to sympathise with me when I was shot. I don’t know the kind of human beings people are. I sold all my property to campaign for Peter Obi. I know if it was Tinubu, I would not be suffering like this. He would have sent for me.

I challenge them; nobody in the LP did up to what I did for Obi. Not even the National Chairman, Julius Abure. I was busy borrowing money and selling some of my properties, but all he (Abure) was doing was collecting money. Take for example, how can you collect N25m each from 15 persons in Imo State for the same governorship ticket and he didn’t screen anyone out? Who does that?

How did you get treated?

After I was shot and reported to the police, I went to the Owerri Health Centre. That’s where they started the treatment. I have been selling my property to treat myself. I sold my SUV of N4m for N1.5m just to pay the hospital bills after the gunshot because I’m diabetic. You can imagine having diabetes with BP and a bullet wound. It was a lot of cost for me during my stay at the hospital. I had to also borrow from some people. One of the people I borrowed N250,000 from has called me for the money. I will have to look for something to sell. I can’t go out again because there is no car. Transport fares costs have also increased.

I can’t believe that the LP could do this to me. I was even calling them to send me money for food while I was in the hospital, but they didn’t respond. Only two people did; Dr Omoh and Mandela, who sent me N20,000 and N10,000, respectively. I sent Kenneth Okonkwo the receipt for the car that I sold and called the national chairman, Julius Abure, but no response. I wish it was (Lamidi) Apapa that is the chairman; I know they would have come to see this old woman who suffered for the party. I just came back two weeks ago since the incident happened and am still being treated.

You mentioned that you sent pictures of the injury to the LP. What was the reaction of the party to your plight?

Yes, I sent messages to all the Labour Party leaders that I was dying in the hospital. I sent a picture of my injured leg to Abure. If I had not looked for alternatives, that leg would have been amputated. None of them visited me even though we have LP representatives in the South-East. They couldn’t send anyone to check on me. If I knew, I would have followed the APC and I wouldn’t suffer like this.

https://punchng.com/lp-abandoned-me-after-i-sold-property-to-support-obi-retired-colonel-shot-by-thugs/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2023
😭 but what was she expecting from a party that has no root and good foundation . A party that produced an overnight messiah smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by CannibalTorment: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2023
Peter girigory Obi is a greedy hypocritical man, that was how he abandoned Rivers state labour party gubernatorial candidate that had an accident running around for him, the religious and tribal bigot sidelined the northerners and the yorubas for his inordinate political affection

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by TemplarLandry: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2023
cool
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by DatNiggaDaz: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2023
We would soon hear how LP abandoned everybody while been shot in the buttocks.

LP are just 4 people tweeting in a room Lol grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by muykem: 8:02am On Jul 29, 2023
Sorry oòoo. You have wasted your support, Why you didn't make enquiry from Rev father Mbaka from onset.
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Ikaeniyan0: 8:08am On Jul 29, 2023
And obi supporters were making it seem as if touts only disrupt few polling units in Lagos.
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by walefresh3(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2023
U don labor invain....

Peter obi is a calamity.. FAILURE
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Essenza01: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2023
I don’t know the kind of human beings people are. I sold all my property to campaign for Peter Obi. I know if it was Tinubu, I would not be suffering like this. He would have sent for me.

I challenge them; nobody in the LP did up to what I did for Obi. Not even the National Chairman, Julius Abure. I was busy borrowing money and selling some of my properties, but all he (Abure) was doing was collecting money
. Take for example, how can you collect N25m each from 15 persons in Imo State for the same governorship ticket and he didn’t screen anyone out? Who does that?

How did you get treated?

After I was shot and reported to the police, I went to the Owerri Health Centre. That’s where they started the treatment. I have been selling my property to treat myself. I sold my SUV of N4m for N1.5m just to pay the hospital bills after the gunshot because I’m diabetic. You can imagine having diabetes with BP and a bullet wound. It was a lot of cost for me during my stay at the hospital. I had to also borrow from some people. One of the people I borrowed N250,000 from has called me for the money. I will have to look for something to sell. I can’t go out again because there is no car. Transport fares costs have also increased.

I can’t believe that the LP could do this to me. I was even calling them to send me money for food while I was in the hospital, but they didn’t respond. Only two people did; Dr Omoh and Mandela, who sent me N20,000 and N10,000, respectively. I sent Kenneth Okonkwo the receipt for the car that I sold and called the national chairman, Julius Abure, but no response. I wish it was (Lamidi) Apapa that is the chairman; I know they would have come to see this old woman who suffered for the party. I just came back two weeks ago since the incident happened and am still being treated

Tales by moonlight..

1 Like

Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Jostoman: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2023
IconicR:
😭 but what was she expecting from a party that has no root and good foundation . A party that produced an overnight messiah smh
he defeated your oga
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Jostoman: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2023
Super Story.
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2023
Obi whose tenure in anambra was so poor that under his watch, Anambraians experience their greatest exodus ever

His time was so terribble that people keep emigrating out of onitsha like say dem dey go cannaan land

You actually put your hope in such person...too bad

3 Likes

Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Corn247: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2023
Peter obi is a bad luck
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2023
Obi wey no dey give shishi, what were even expecting before
mumu man
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by Afamed: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2023
May we never labor in vain

The Pandora fraud don use her and dumped her as usual.

Next time una go follow person wey Sabi roads,no be the fraud from Agulu

Obi and Abure don cash out,next time una go get sense
Re: LP Abandoned Me After I Sold Property To Support Obi –retired Colonel Shot By Th by bhella10: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2023
I wonder why this is coming out now that the PEPT verdict is around the corner? These sheeples dare not come out with these sort of exposé a couple of months back. Can we say the veils and masks are coming off?

(1) (Reply)

Latest Site Update On Ekwulobia Flyover, Anambra State / APC Lawyers Argue The Meaning Of "Any" In Their Final Address To Obi / Why Do Yorubas Want War In Niger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.