Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,027 members, 7,973,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:00 PM

Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E (538 Views)

Those Who Kidnapped Me Have Links To Sit-At-Home Crisis - Anambra Native Doctor / Why Is It Only Igbos Supporting Peter Obi? He Must Be A Tribalistic Candidate / APC Crisis: Don't Bite Off More Than You Can Chew! - Buhari Warns Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 29, 2023
Igbos resident in the East VS. Igbos based outside/abroad

I came across Mr Kanu's letter to Simon Ekpa and his opposition to the letter, even his supporters on social media also denouncing the letter as fake

It unfortunate that Majority of Igbos supporting the Sit-at-home Crisis are not based in the South East.

Most Igbos are are based in other states of Nigeria, mostly Lagos... and majority are based outside the country: in Europe especially; Asia and America. They rarely ever travel to the east, some have never!

Just like Simon Ekpa, they're thousands and maybe millions of Igbos out there that just want to see their region in crisis for their selfish aim.

They're happy to support crisis in their own region by supplying funds, social media support and co.

Most of them you see here on NL and other social media platforms are not based in S.E. Don't be deceived!

No sensible person will be in a place to watch his house burn when he's inside! Even with the lives and businesses lost, some people still insist on this unfortunate crisis.

Easterners residents in South East fight for your land. Your brothers outside your region are not interested in bringing sanity to your region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 29, 2023
Mods.. pls fp let's all discuss this matter

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by AroOkigbo(m): 11:35am On Jul 29, 2023
What would they fight with?
Let the government be sincere and provide adequate security, and watch how "sit at home" will naturally disappear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2023
That's true

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2023
AroOkigbo:
Let the government be sincere and provide adequate security, and watch how "sit at home" will naturally disappear.
It's beyond government providing security. Igbos themselves know what to do to end this.

Why did Kanu address Simon Ekpa instead of the government?

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by lexylaw40: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2023
Even there Commander in chief is in a foreign land very faaar away across the globe

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Emperormartin(m): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2023
Monday sit at home has a grassroot wide support across the whole igboland. So I don't know where you are getting your news.

What Igbo might find strange to adjust is a week long sit at home.

But that Monday sit at home has been stamped in their calendar

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:37am On Jul 29, 2023
AroOkigbo:

Exactly my thought.

If the masses have guns just as these miscreants, that rubbish will stop.

That's why I don't blame those obeying the rubbish because of their lives.
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2023
darling4242:
That's true
I observed this while in Europe. Many igbo supporting the crisis are based outside the East

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:
Monday sit at home has a grassroot wide support across the whole igboland. So I don't know where you are getting your news.

Stamped ke.

Maybe in your village.

I was in Owerri last week Monday for a business and everywhere was busy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2023
pineed:

I observed this when in Europe. Many igbo supporting the crisis are based outside the East

It's not affecting them that's why

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2023
lexylaw40:
Even there Commander in chief is in a foreign land very faaar away across the globe
I tell you. Simon Ekpa is an example of millions of Igbos overseas supporting this Sit-at-home with huge funding

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2023
darling4242:

It's not affecting them that's why
Exactly

They live in nice cool environment while their own region suffers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:40am On Jul 29, 2023
pineed:

I observed this when in Europe. Many igbo supporting the crisis are based outside the East

You're right.

If you go on Twitter you will see their locations showing America, Europe and all that.

I asked one to come back from America and sit at home, he blocked me immediately ๐Ÿ˜

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Afamed: 11:40am On Jul 29, 2023
Gidigid+dy, Anambra1st+son turned Anambra1stsmpikin and others with multiple monikers are in this category
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:

That was at first. Then the residents became tired but the igbos outside weren't because of funding and other "benefits" to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:42am On Jul 29, 2023
pineed:

I tell you. Simon Ekpa is an example of millions of Igbos overseas supporting this Sit-at-home with huge funding

The guy is really jinxing his followers.

I used to have a colleague that likes talking about the useless Ekpa, I stopped hanging out with him and even deleted his number.

A very wealthy nigga o. A landlord here in PH. Seems the juju strong.

2 Likes

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by helinues: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2023
Another Efulefu
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Stamped ke.

Maybe in your village.

The residents are indeed tired.

But most of the "foreign" Igbos aren't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Emperormartin(m): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Stamped ke.

Maybe in your village.

The sit at home isn't pure lockdown as media puts it. Many places business thrives.

That's why some governors care less about it.

I don't know why Enugu governor is so interested in it... Anyway kudos to him

I'm not even from that state
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2023
Kingsmeal:

You're right.

If you go on Twitter you will see their locations showing America, Europe and all that.

I asked one to come back from America and sit at home, he blocked me immediately ๐Ÿ˜
You're ๐Ÿ’ฏ right

They full abroad well well, also Lagos and Abuja.

The funny thing is that they are never willing to come "home".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2023
Afamed:
Gidigid+dy, Anambra1st+son and others with multiple monikers are in this category

You're also an indirect supporter of the whole thing.

I see how you guys make mockery of Igbos on this platform because of the sit at home. But fail to do same on Northerners facing ISWAP, Bandits, Boko Haram, Ansaru Terrorists all happening over there.

Instead of joining hands to call on the govt. at all levels to stand up and defend what they swore to defend.
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2023
pineed:

You're ๐Ÿ’ฏ right

They full abroad well well, also Lagos and Abuja.

The funny thing is that they are never willing to come "home".

Come back fire.

No be their fault Sha. If Ekpa was to be an Israeli, he would have been wasted my Mosad by now.

Na NG govt I blame sha
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by MadamExcellency: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2023
Stop lying. 85% of Southeasterners support the Sit-at-home initially but as of today, 75% of Southeasterners still support sit-at-home until Nnamdi Kanu is released.

99% of civil and public servants
70% of traders
75% of artisans
55% of jobbers
50% of politicians
99% of housewives
90% of Rural dwellers
70% of City dwellers

NBS

2 Likes

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2023
Afamed:
Gidigid+dy, Anambra1st+son turned Anambra1stsmpikin and others with multiple monikers are in this category
Yes all of them.. they plenty here on NL. Even one emerging-guy and co.

They can't dare travel home but prefer to watch it burn while supporting on social media

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Afamed: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:

The sit at home isn't pure lockdown as media puts it. Many places business thrives.

I don't know why Enugu governor is so interested in it... Any kudos to him

You might be right.
I remember in Maiduguri, the state capital in 2002/2003.
The Boko Haram started like a child play. It began from Maiduguri to othe LGAs. To Yobe, down to Bauchi and the rest of the NE

1 Like

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by FreeStuffsNG: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2023
It unfortunate that Majority of Igbos supporting the Sit-at-home Crisis are not based in the South East.
The minority in Igboland too should speak up like you are doing.
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Emperormartin(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2023
What you guys don't understand is that Millions of Igbo in diaspora doesn't want to be Nigerians again.

There ship has sailed long time...

Biafra is their only hope to become African again.

But Nigeria state is not ready for this discussion

2 Likes

Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2023
Emperormartin:

I don't know why Enugu governor is so interested in it... Any kudos to him

I do get your point.

Most places don't observe it like you said. I am also a witness to that.

But the blame still goes to the govt. Since the careless about it, how will it stop?

Just provide security and see people return back to their normal activities.

And another thing is for our security operatives to be proactive and provided with necessary support.

The miscreants will be cleared in One week.
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2023
Kingsmeal:

The guy is really jinxing his followers.

I used to have a colleague that likes talking about the useless Ekpa, I stopped hanging out with him and even deleted his number.

A very wealthy nigga o. A landlord here in PH. Seems the juju strong.
You see.. very unfortunate what "outside based" Igbos are doing to their region
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by Kingsmeal: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

As if you want to hear them out.
Re: Most Igbos Supporting Sit-at-home Crisis Don't Reside In The S.E by MadamExcellency: 11:53am On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It unfortunate that the Majority of Igbos supporting the Sit-at-home Crisis are not based in the South East.

Are you living here with us? Please stop getting obsessed with online news. 70% to 85% of Southeasterners sit at home on their own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi Central: 6 Key Takeaways From Natashaโ€™s Tribunal Victory / 1966 Coup:led To The Take Over And Privatisation Of Western Region Companies / Hon. Nkemjika Congratulates Hon. Prince Isaac Umejuru as Commissioner Designate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.