Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,831 members, 7,921,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:09 PM

When Jesus' friend, Lazarus Died, Why Did He Not Go To Heaven Or Hellfire? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Jesus' friend, Lazarus Died, Why Did He Not Go To Heaven Or Hellfire? (630 Views)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) / Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: When Jesus' friend, Lazarus Died, Why Did He Not Go To Heaven Or Hellfire? by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:
■ So where did the teaching all come from? The teaching of hellfire? The afterlife in eternal torment etc? Don't tell me you mean they are all false.🤔
Hellfire is reference to the place of Eternal Damnation , same way Heaven is reference to the place of Eternal Reward written of in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

As for teachings... well...any teaching different from that stated exactly by Jesus Christ Himself is a lie concocted by men. And Jesus Christ warned of and against this in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: When Jesus' friend, Lazarus Died, Why Did He Not Go To Heaven Or Hellfire? by NNTR: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:
You made a mistake between what happened and the parable of the rich man Jesus told. In Matthew 25 vs 31, like Kobojunkie quoted, if no one ever went to heaven like the Bible say, where is Abraham's bosom?
John 3:13
No one has gone up into heaven,
but there is One who came down from heaven, the Son of Man
[Himself—whose home is in heaven].

Clearly, Abraham's bosom isnt in heaven, as, it in fact, is in the heart of the earth

chatinent:
Clearly, just used that illustration to make a point to his listeners. It wasn't like it was a real place

Also, know the difference...the parable of the rich man was an illustration. And Jesus' friend, Lazarus, wasn't.
I often tell jokes using actual names of real people, like I could use your moniker (i.e. chatinent) for example, in my next joke, but watch this, when I am telling those jokes, it doesnt necessarily mean, the jokes are entirely lack of elements of truth and realities in them.

Now, how you dont know that Lazarus (i.e. the beggar) and Lazarus (i.e. brother of Martha and Mary and friend of Jesus) are two different people, I dont seem to get. Smh.

chatinent:
And lastly, if you meant the dead being conscious of nothing, I think I understand that.
Understand this more then, the dead, upon crossing over, though are conscious in afterlife, and with those in the land of the living, this essentially is because of the complete severance with anything in relation and/or connected with the land of the living

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: When Jesus' friend, Lazarus Died, Why Did He Not Go To Heaven Or Hellfire? by NNTR: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
NNTR:
Your bloated ego and biblical illiteracy wouldnt let you know and understand that every born human being upon expiration of the spirit aka life-force, aka ruach, and aka breath of God ends up in Sheol.

You are so love-struck with the word, hell, you fail to appreciate and realise that Hell aka Hades, is a concept and place originated from Greek mythology

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, the King and Judge over Heaven(Eternal Reward) and Hell(Eternal damnation), says there is no one in Heaven and Hell at this time - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

chatinent:
So where did the teaching all come from?
Be specific

chatinent:
The teaching of hellfire?
What teaching of hellfire specifically and by whom?

chatinent:
The afterlife in eternal torment etc?
What specifically about afterlife in eternal torment etc?

chatinent:
Don't tell me you mean they are all false.🤔
Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica,
for they received the message with great eagerness
and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Dont tell me you havent, yourself, done a Berean Test, to ascertain. Hmm?
On top, have you considered even doing a 2 Timothy 2:15

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? / Face Your Fear!see It Through / Your Favourite Gospel Artiste and Why?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.