Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,482 members, 7,885,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester (616 Views)

What Is Your Suggestion OR Advice? / Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? / Diamond Rolls-Royce Stole The Show During Eid al-Fitr Celebrations In Manchester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by greggng: 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
The guy us a good friend of mine . He just relocated to UK and hebus residing in Manchester...He has gotten accommodation for him and his family of two kids and wife .

The challenges now is how to get a job . Pls any Nigeria in Manchester should pls advice on the best way he can secure a job quickly . Thank you all as I expect your response .
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by chatinent: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
He should take on freelancing jobs to sustain himself while he waits.
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:
He should take on freelancing jobs to sustain himself while he waits.

You can't freelance on a student visa in the uk or the US. It's seen as self employment and can get your visa revoked and you deported

1 Like

Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by chatinent: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You can't freelance on a student visa in the uk or the US. It's seen as self employment and can get your visa revoked and you deported

You can freelance online.
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:

You can freelance online.
You cant
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by chatinent: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You cant

I know people who do, chief. You just need to do it with sense. He should target Nigerian students abroad. And of course, he is 'just a Nigerian in Nigeria' at that moment.

It's preferable to dieing of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by obi4eze(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
greggng:
The guy us a good friend of mine . He just relocated to UK and hebus residing in Manchester...He has gotten accommodation for him and his family of two kids and wife .

The challenges now is how to get a job . Pls any Nigeria in Manchester should pls advice on the best way he can secure a job quickly . Thank you all as I expect your response .
There are jobs within Manchester, Liverpool and Warrington that he can do. Let him check out warehouse jobs etc.
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 31, 2023
Is he a citizen or an immigrant with a visa?
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by Nemesis0147(m): 5:08am On Jul 31, 2023
Revolution2022:
try dy read oga

1 Like

Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by Biola67: 8:56am On Jul 31, 2023
Revolution2022:
See question. and you go school o Chaii
Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by pansophist(m): 12:39am On Aug 01, 2023
If he can legally work in the UK, then he should apply for food delivery jobs (eg deliveroo, ubereats, doordash), they will take him the same day. Then he should use it to sustain himself until he finds something he likes.

3 Likes

Re: Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester by BigDawsNet: 9:26am On Aug 01, 2023
Tell him to check on google map for companies and hotel around is vicinity... then he can start branching them one by one to submit application... las las he go see one job even if its a cleaning Job...

(1) (Reply)

Comparison Btw Kigali, Kampala & Nairobi: What To Know Before Traveling! / Japa By Sea. / Get A Profesional And Dynamic Travel/tourism Website For Just 16,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.